• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

JP Rapid Config Hand Guard on LRP-07

nombei

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2013
CA
Ordered one of the new LRP-07 compatible Rapid Config Hand Guards as soon as they put them up on the JP site and it showed up today. Install is very easy and fit was perfect on my rifle. I went with the 15.5" version to replace the 12.5" Modular Hand Guard that the rifle came with from JP. Based on my non-calibrated "hand scale" (i used my right hand), the 15.5 RCHG seemed to weigh the same as the 12.5" MHG, so no obvious change in weight.

The RCHG comes with a couple of sling studs and with the new design, they simply screw into holes on the guard -- no more backing plates needed! I like the smooth finish on the RCHG better than the MHG's sort of textured finish too. Before and After pics attached.

Overall quite happy with this product. Thanks JP!

Attachments

• 20140124_173333.jpg
    20140124_173333.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • 20140124_175713.jpg
    20140124_175713.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
That is sweet, was thinking about putting one on my LRP-07. That has got to be hands down the baddest handguard on the market, you can put anything, anywhere, it is just plain awesome just like the rest of JP parts. JP Enterprise is always looking to make the AR Rifle better, and are always coming up with new ideas THAT WORK.

Is it easy to go from the JP original handguard to the new RCHG?

Just curious to see how easy they swap out....

Thanks!

PSYOPS, it's a very easy swap if you already have a JP MHG on your LRP. Remove the 6 screws that hold the MHG to the barrel nut, slide the MHG off, slide the RCHG on, line up the holes, put the 6 screws back in. Done. Don't have to remove/replace the barrel nut or anything more involved. Took me all of a few minutes.

Also, if you already have MHG, then you just need the retrofit kit which saves you some money. JP even includes the necessary torx wrench in the retrofit kit, so didn't have to dig through the tool box to find a T10 bit. Kit comes with 2 sling studs as well, which just screw right into any of the mounting holes on the RCHG.

Last edited:
PSYOPS, it's a very easy swap if you already have a JP MHG on your LRP. Remove the 6 screws that hold the MHG to the barrel nut, slide the MHG off, slide the RCHG on, line up the holes, put the 6 screws back in. Done. Don't have to remove/replace the barrel nut or anything more involved. Took me all of a few minutes.

Also, if you already have MHG, then you just need the retrofit kit which saves you some money. JP even includes the necessary torx wrench in the retrofit kit, so didn't have to dig through the tool box to find a T10 bit. Kit comes with 2 sling studs as well, which just screw right into any of the mounting holes on the RCHG.

Wow...thanks for the feedback!

I'll give it a try!

I want to put a 15 in jp handguard on my maten/jp barrel kit and I was worried about the longer handguard bowing and touching barrel or gas block using a bipod? It seems like only hanguard that will fit jp's 936 gas block.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk