• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JRA 1903 USMC Sniper

DocLes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2012
ARKANSAS
I went to their site and fell in love with their selection of guns. To make a long story short, I ordered the USMC 1903 Sniper.
Let's see, I have a M40, a 1907, M40A1 in the build process. Now all I need is, a M70 and a Gerand sniper, then I will move to the M40A3, and M40A4.

Re: JRA 1903 USMC Sniper

Great collection! Make sure to post pictures of the whole collection when you get the 1903a3, and a range report. I know when I get the money I am going to get a 1903a4 sniper and a mosin nagant sniper from them to. Be safe and have fun.

+1 on posting pics when you get everything done! That would be a nice photo for sure!
laugh.gif

I'm very interested in hearing about how it shoots, and how the reproduction scope mounts with the better screws hold up.

I am considering one of these myself. Seems a lot easier and less hassle (certainly less money) than trying to build my own copy with a Unertl, since even the civilian 8X's are hard to find and expensive when you do.

The excitement waiting for it to come in has got to be killing you.

When it comes in, could you post pics and comment on the following for us?

- in the online photo, bolt looks like a turned back bolt (as would be on the 1903A4 but not on the 1903A1)

- Stamped parts or milled parts, photo looks like stamped parts (upper band, stacking swivel, lower band, floor plate, lower sling swivel, trigger guard, etc...)

- confirm new mounting block screws / how well the mounting system holds up to recoil / range use.

Thanks in advance, and enjoy! I'm sure it'll shoot great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocLes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I went to their site and fell in love with their selection of guns. To make a long story short, I ordered the USMC 1903 Sniper.
Let's see, I have a M40, a 1907, M40A1 in the build process. Now all I need is, a M70 and a Gerand sniper, then I will move to the M40A3, and M40A4. </div></div>Wow, I'm impressed! I love the 1903, just don't have one. The last time I shot one of those, I was in the Marines.
whistle.gif

I have one of the JRA 1941 USMC Sniper rifles. Have thoughts of participating next year in the CMP Vintage Sniper matches. It presently wears a low numbered 6X Unertl 1" target while the Malcolm 8X is being "accurized". The rifle itself seems solid and the more rounds I put through it the better it shoots. At present (after 200 rounds) it is a good 3/4 to 1 MOA rifle with my reloads at 100. At 400 I'm holding most of my shots on an 8" plate from a bench. Still getting used to not having mildots for wind hold overs. Its certainly not my modern competition rifle but its sure an interesting rifle and I'm looking forward to shooting it in a match.