• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JTAC Ranch....it's finally happening!

whats up with all these high dollar clubs? My 1000 yd range/club is a 150 a yr

Land in Florida is crazy expensive.
@8pointer do you remember what the purchase cost of the land was?
The owners not only purchased the land (old mining land) but they have footed the bill for creating the range, paid the lawyer fees, taxes, upkeep, having to build an entry road and whatever other hidden costs they bore.
Unfortunately, those costs have to be passed on to the customer. It's no different than buying a house. The builder passes his costs on to the buyer.

Land in Florida is crazy expensive.
@8pointer do you remember what the purchase cost of the land was?
The owners not only purchased the land (old mining land) but they have footed the bill for creating the range, paid the lawyer fees, taxes, upkeep, having to build an entry road and whatever other hidden costs they bore.
Unfortunately, those costs have to be passed on to the customer. It's no different than buying a house. The builder passes his costs on to the buyer.
No, but we both know cattle pasture in that area is ~ $25k/acre and that is all you need to know. The debt service on that land would make your head spin. Shoot the lease land is over $30k/acre right now, but it's also within 15 minutes of Tampa. JTAC is 45 minutes so.

To be able to shoot to 2,000 yards it costs me $715/year in a lump sum or $59.xx/month....from my chair happy to pay that all day long. The below is cut and pasted from the middle membership which is what I'm doing.

FEATURES:
Use of the following ranges during open hours:

• 100yd square bays
  • 500yd rifle range
  • 1000yd precision range
  • 2000yd precision range
  • 10% discount on all firearm courses
  • Access to pro-shop sales
  • Draw and fire and online tactical reloads allowed (Pass basic firearm handling test)
  • Up drills and turn and shoot drills allowed (Pass Level 1 Tactical Firearms Test)

(Test and Course requirements for drawing from holsters, speed reloading, up drills, and turn and shoot drills are identical to Enthusiast Membership)

GUESTS AND FAMILY MEMBERS

• Guests will be charged $12 (Weekdays), and $18 (Weekends) per entry
  • Add $20 to the base fee for guest access to the precision range ($32 on weekdays) ($38 Weekends)
  • Children under the age of 21 and spouses enter for free on all ranges
  • A maximum of 3 guests/family members per member per visit
  • Each member is responsible for their guests/family members
  • Safety violations by guests will be retained on record and can result in revoking of member’s guest privileges.
  • Each guest must watch instructional safety video (Safety course not required. Members are responsible for their guests)
  • Guests are not permitted to participate in any activities beyond what is allowed under either an Enthusiast or Precision Membership.
  • Testing and activity requirements for guests are the same as for Enthusiast or Precision Members with the exception of the Firearm Safety Course. (Members are responsible to ensure that their guests follow all safety rules)
  • Members must be present at the range whenever guests are present
  • Minors must always be accompanied by their legal guardian

Reactions: oneshot86 and lash
Oh, I forgot to add in that $60 per month isn't that bad. Most ranges here in FL charge $20-30 per person, per day. If you want long range, some places add an additional $20-50 for that.
I'll pay right at $60 per month and that allows my family to shoot for that cost, for the entire month.
Would I like to shoot for free? Of course, but I don't live out west anymore, so things cost money.

If you think JTAC is expensive, buy some car or home insurance here...

Oh, I forgot to add in that $60 per month isn't that bad. Most ranges here in FL charge $20-30 per person, per day. If you want long range, some places add an additional $20-50 for that.
I'll pay right at $60 per month and that allows my family to shoot for that cost, for the entire month.
Would I like to shoot for free? Of course, but I don't live out west anymore, so things cost money.

If you think JTAC is expensive, buy some car or home insurance here...
And the post from July claiming wife is 38/visit is inaccurate. Members wives and children under 21 shoot free. Guests of members pay drop in fees, but not wives and children.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
Here is the email blast from yesterday. Pumped!

Prospective members, it has been a long road up to this point, and we have encountered many unforeseen hurdles along the way, but we are finally here!! The range will open to those who have already completed their Evaluation and Safety Course on September 29th. We have passed all necessary county inspections and are finally ready to go!

For those who have not yet completed their Evaluation and Safety Course we will begin hosting courses on-site in October. Hours of operation for the range at opening will be 8am to 8pm Tuesday through Saturday, please note that the hours may be adjusted as we learn more about member demand.

In other news, we will be hosting the end of Kit Badger's Coast to Coast 2020 tour prior to opening day on September 25th. This event supports the Special Operations Care Foundation, and those attending will get to have an early look at the facility as well as shoot some amazing weapons. For more information please visit Kit Badger's event page HERE.

We know there will be plenty of questions, and we will be working to answer those questions, as well as provide more detailed info about facility operation over the weeks leading up to the opening.

Thank you so much for your continued patience and interest throughout this project.

See you at the Ranch!!
Joel Jaeb
Business Manager

Reactions: oneshot86
Dust get ready see ya on the 29th!
Yes, thank you, likewise.

I saw the email last night. I'm sure it will have been worth the wait. I'm excited to finally be able to start using the SR-25 for what it was made for on a regular basis.

Take care.

Hopefully all goes well here... have plans to move from the East coast to the West coast in the next year and tradecraft is too far.

Once you all Experiance it please post some comments and photos if you can...

Yes, thank you, likewise.

I saw the email last night. I'm sure it will have been worth the wait. I'm excited to finally be able to start using the SR-25 for what it was made for on a regular basis.

Take care.
You and me both looking forward to great times out there see ya there.

Reactions: oneshot86
I email with the general manager a bit he sent this view down the 500 firing line yesterday. Two weeks from this morning!
image2.jpeg

Hate to be a buzz kill, spoke with Joel on the 9th and they are not accepting any more memberships. JTAC may open membership up again at the end of October.

Super bummer, I bet he is going to have to borrow some guns from you dude. Just please show him the bad end of the stick and get him home before the street light pops on, mmky?
I can't even joke about his gun collection he has me at ~ 10:1 it's like Valhalla at his place. Did I mention his wife encouraged him to build out another reloading station INSIDE the house?

Apparently it was so good they all spent the night? I think they posted pics on instagram yesterday. I just wish they'd pick one method and stick with it. FB, instagram, website, something.

Loved it. We went straight to the 2k range and waited for the fog to clear. Started on steel at 200 and went further out as the fog moved north.

It had rained very hard the night before and the moisture was cooking off making for a ton of mirage.

1k and out was tough.

Overall, it was worth the wait. The staff is friendly, helpful (Ben came by a few times and even spotted for us) and they don't hover over you.
In fact, they don't have ROs at each area. People are expected to police themselves.

Dan, Rick and I had the place to ourselves for the first hour. Almost felt like we owned the place.

Loved it. We went straight to the 2k range and waited for the fog to clear. Started on steel at 200 and went further out as the fog moved north.

It had rained very hard the night before and the moisture was cooking off making for a ton of mirage.

1k and out was tough.

Overall, it was worth the wait. The staff is friendly, helpful (Ben came by a few times and even spotted for us) and they don't hover over you.
In fact, they don't have ROs at each area. People are expected to police themselves.

Dan, Rick and I had the place to ourselves for the first hour. Almost felt like we owned the place.

Who was shooting prone on a 500 line? They were under that cover. It must have been you 3 because I think it was Ben that posted the photos. Very cool, won't be able to get there until Sunday.

I haven't seen the photos.
If the shooter had a really great ass, that was me. 🤣🤣🤣
Could you link the photo and I'll tell you who it was if it was my group.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_in_FL

1k and out was tough.

WTF? I'm sitting here in front of a locked gate after driving 40 miles from malfunction junction in Tampa from Largo. Closed on Sundays? Can't call anybody and even leave a voicemail. This is turning into a bad joke.

• Sad
Reactions: lash
They don't have any immediate plans to be open on Sundays.
I asked about it the other day.
Sorry you drove all that way for nothing.

Who was shooting prone on a 500 line? They were under that cover. It must have been you 3 because I think it was Ben that posted the photos. Very cool, won't be able to get there until Sunday.
They don't have any immediate plans to be open on Sundays.
I asked about it the other day.
Sorry you drove all that way for nothing.

I guess that info who have been helpful on Wednesday

If I had read Mike's post more carefully, I would have noticed he said Sunday.
I didn't.

Could have saved you almost two hours of driving. Sorry Mike.

Gotta hand it to you though. Shooting in the rain can be tough business.
Do these clowns give you a key once you show up the one fucking day they're open? Because if they think I'm taking 52 vacation days and paying 1200 a year they're gonna have to support their own crack habit.

I hope they set up where every member get a gate card and you can shoot 7 days a week unless something is scheduled like most ranges

btw: tradecraft‘s hours are even worse

Last edited:
I hope they set up where every member get a gate card and you can shoot 7 days a week unless something is scheduled like most ranges

btw: tradecraft‘s hours are even worse

That's disappointing to hear about Tradecraft. They're my backup plan along with Ares, who may be the winner.

I’m just messing with you guys I learned my lesson doing the exact same thing. It’s always good to check the website before leaving to go shoot

Don't know why I don't see my other post to you. They had no hours posted. The other day on "SOME FORM OF SOCIAL MEDIA" they had a post saying our hours are 8 -7 but it's really 8 until dusk. Of course, that's nowhere to be found now, much like the pictures from Tuesday.

I finally get a response back hours later while I'm at the range in Manatee (you know after driving another 45 miles or so) saying oh, we posted our hours on Google and Facebook now. I was logged into their website while I was sitting outside the gate for an hour, no hours on there. Nothing on their event calendar.

Speaking of their calendar. They sent out an announcement about signing up for the "certification and safety" class. This WAS MY FAULT, I missed the part where the email stated sign up after a certain date in April I believe. But their calendar let me sign up on the first available day and guess who sat outside a gun shop in Plant City expecting to shoot? I could have driven to the Volusia range twice on free gas that's been wasted on this place.

I don't know what their plan is, other than to host Kit Carson's Ranger Days or the Tactical Games. I wish they would pick ONE FORM of communication and stick to it. They go on Facebook and tell the world that they're emailing people to take the certification class now. Then 10 people post back that they never got the email. Then they come back on Facebook to say oops problem with the email but NOW you have an email. Pick one fucking thing and try to be good at it because you suck across multiple platforms. Their Instagram is useless for any information as well. I'm sure there's probably Twitter shit somewhere too.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee

Front page of their website.

Screenshot_20201004-185135_Chrome.jpg

I don't like that they are closed on Sundays either, but it's a personal choice for them and I completely understand.

I don't like that Chik-fil-A closes on Sunday, but that is their choice also.

I’m disappointed to hear that they are closed on Sunday too. Got to work Monday to Friday, so my only chance to go there is Saturday’s. That’s fine with the exception we now have to worry about it may get to busy on Saturday, not even taking into account that there may be closures for events.

Reactions: Hoax001
Honestly don’t know why a member only range would be closed, just give everybody a entrance card and be done with it. That’s how every other range has been where I’m a member at, If they want to close clubhouse etc that fine just leave the ranges open