• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JTAC Ranch....it's finally happening!

Front page of their website.

View attachment 7439057

I don't like that they are closed on Sundays either, but it's a personal choice for them and I completely understand.

I don't like that Chik-fil-A closes on Sunday, but that is their choice also.

Lmao, a recent development. See the screenshot below? They're saying FB can't get it right because when they posted it up the first time it said they were only open Tuesdays hence my comment about 52 vacation days and refer to my other comment about stick to one damn platform to get your message out.

Class A
Screenshot_20201004-224707_Facebook.jpg
Clusterfuck.

Last edited:
If I had read Mike's post more carefully, I would have noticed he said Sunday.
I didn't.

Could have saved you almost two hours of driving. Sorry Mike.

Gotta hand it to you though. Shooting in the rain can be tough business.
Damn @Mike_in_FL , that sucks, and I know what you mean about having limited times available in your schedule to shoot. I personally like Sunday mornings, as they are usually quiet here in Volusia and I’m often by myself until I’m almost ready to go.

Speaking of shooting in the rain and finding out range is closed after driving there, early last month on a Sunday morning, the day we were expected to have a ‘cane come through, I ran to Volusia to do some preliminary load development for my new mouse fart 6BR that only took me over a year to get together.

Arrived only to find the gate locked and closed due to the pending hurricane. It was a beautiful morning, cloudy with only the occasional light showers and light breezes. Which reminds me that I also like shooting when there are rains predicted or it is raining. Because nobody else shows up and I’ve got the rifle range to myself. Plus, the ROs tend not to come by to chat much, lol.

Damn @Mike_in_FL , that sucks, and I know what you mean about having limited times available in your schedule to shoot. I personally like Sunday mornings, as they are usually quiet here in Volusia and I’m often by myself until I’m almost ready to go.

Speaking of shooting in the rain and finding out range is closed after driving there, early last month on a Sunday morning, the day we were expected to have a ‘cane come through, I ran to Volusia to do some preliminary load development for my new mouse fart 6BR that only took me over a year to get together.

Arrived only to find the gate locked and closed due to the pending hurricane. It was a beautiful morning, cloudy with only the occasional light showers and light breezes. Which reminds me that I also like shooting when there are rains predicted or it is raining. Because nobody else shows up and I’ve got the rifle range to myself. Plus, the ROs tend not to come by to chat much, lol.

What is the most bothersome thing about the whole situation is that I want this place to succeed. I'm pretty sure we all know that if we're not encouraging new shooters to come out and join us, we're not going to have places to shoot and eventually probably not the votes to keep our guns. The hours are posted on the website and FB now. And Tuesday - Saturday sounds better than version 1.0 which said only Tuesday. There is also a big sign near the locked gate that says JTAC and has plenty of room to list hours so people driving by might have a clue. but not yet. Maybe we're still following the first rule of "Fight Club"?

Speaking of new shooters, I would have been there on Saturday rather than Sunday but as luck would have it, I had to take another safety course to be able to shoot. And since it's offered only once a month and you have to sign up for it in Practiscore, I only have so much time. This at a range where a member used to just have to show up on a particular night and shoot, at least it was 25 - 30 years ago. But as they grew and formally followed USPSA/IDPA rules new shooters frequently would DQ and then, never come back. The class is given by the volunteer match ROs so it's an introduction as well.

So now, it's a similar thing. It's like you take the class and get somewhat recruited to come out and shoot the night matches because now they know you're safe.

LOL, who doesn't want to shoot and get dope in hurricane force winds. I don't think anybody who lives out west and can drive a little and start shooting can wrap their mind around the situation here.

Reactions: lash
Looks like you had the whole place for yourself too (y)

Looks like you had the whole place for yourself too (y)
Yea weekdays are great obviously....there were some guys to the right of the pic, but I think 5-6 total on all ranges. Couple cars turned in as I was turning out so more in the later part of the day I think. Have met several other people so far no whiners just fun nice people been a real pleasure to be out there. Guys the run it are super cool too. Guy earlier today was a former Manatee patron. Hope to meet other Hiders so pop a flare when you think you may be out there!

1. I was informed that all members will be issued key cards for gate entry as soon as it is hooked up to power.
2. As members we should have a voice about being closed on Sunday. Most people shoot on the weekend, so it's kind of a big deal.
3. Events scheduled on the weekend can close the range to members. For instance, this weekend heard that they the range is closed to members for The Tactical Games National Championships. It is not even listed on their calendar. https://jtacranch.com/event-calendar/ Driving an hour plus to find out that they are closed is frustrating.

1. I was informed that all members will be issued key cards for gate entry as soon as it is hooked up to power.
2. As members we should have a voice about being closed on Sunday. Most people shoot on the weekend, so it's kind of a big deal.
3. Events scheduled on the weekend can close the range to members. For instance, this weekend heard that they the range is closed to members for The Tactical Games National Championships. It is not even listed on their calendar. https://jtacranch.com/event-calendar/ Driving an hour plus to find out that they are closed is frustrating.

I feel your pain about driving there to find it closed. They did send out an email about the tactical games and they hosted last year as well. I've known about it for two weeks I want to say so maybe check your spam folder if you didn't get it. And I'm almost positive they put it out on FB and IG, but yeah I know.

The last I heard they were going to be open on Sundays, just not sure when yet. I wish they had a steel map on the 2,000 side so I'd know which size steel I'm shooting at, but that's me.

Those of you that are members to JTAC... what are your thoughts about it now? I live in the Dade city area, so 100 yards is where I max out at the DCRGC. Looking for something to shoot further, and I've been also eyeing the Long Range classes (and possible more) at JTAC.

Those of you that are members to JTAC... what are your thoughts about it now? I live in the Dade city area, so 100 yards is where I max out at the DCRGC. Looking for something to shoot further, and I've been also eyeing the Long Range classes (and possible more) at JTAC.

It’s been great. Several of us are there just about weekly. Matches have been great. Highly recommend the long range class also.

It’s been great. Several of us are there just about weekly. Matches have been great. Highly recommend the long range class also.
Thats great to hear. I've gotten bored shooting at 100, and even just bench shooting in general at that distance. Although I've gone out to 500 once with my old setup, I had help, and I wanna challenge myself, and I built a new Tikka LR setup. I think I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks!

It's a great place! Just participate in a class or match and see for yourself. You do not have to be a member to do so as far as I know.

But you'll really miss the Dade City range officers...lol

Reactions: saunders45
It's a great place! Just participate in a class or match and see for yourself. You do not have to be a member to do so as far as I know.

But you'll really miss the Dade City range officers...lol
Yeah... some of those guys are ok... and others are the kind that want you to have your physical tax stamp in hand to use a suppressor at the range, and make a big deal about it. 😑

Last edited:
I think you will love it, but not knowing exactly what you are focused on I'd say 100% get over and take a look. Have met so many great folks and the facility has exceeded my expectations. The Bullseye camera at 1 mile is fantastic works great. Hope to see you there sometime!

I think you will love it, but not knowing exactly what you are focused on I'd say 100% get over and take a look. Have met so many great folks and the facility has exceeded my expectations. The Bullseye camera at 1 mile is fantastic works great. Hope to see you there sometime!
Right now, just focused on getting better! Think i might check out the membership class next week (probably start with a remote precision), and then take the long range class on the 26th.

Reactions: atepointer
Only a few months late... but after missing out on the long range 101 class in December, I took the Pistol 101 class last weekend, and came away extremely impressed. Because they close enthusiast signups for now, I signed up for the remote precision class for the time being, and may upgrade once I know I'll have more time to dedicate. I play on taking the LR101 in April, but will definitely come check out the long range portion before then, and maybe meet some of you there!