• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Juggernaut M14 Bullpup Buyers First Impressions

BrokenSailor

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2011
NorthEast
www.esoutfitter.com
Just so you know, I really don't have any agenda with this chassis. Just a regular guy that likes to build and shoot M14s. I figure the thing is so new, maybe others would like a bit more information about it.

FIRST IMPRESSION: The thing is Light, Stock, buttstock, and grip. It is a lot more compact than in seems in the picture, which makes me happy. This ain't no JAllen or ERB. This is a rifle that you could shoulder without any extra burden to patrol.

I am tempted to leave it lightweight for a CQB style, or Heavy Barrel for a reasonable weight counter-sniper?? Still on the fence with this.

I took a look at the trigger, and it looks well designed, not cheap. It has a push button safety. I will have to wait for the build to see how it feels. Reports are it adds a pound. We will see.

The trigger group on the M14 is used to secure the weapon into the stock. It is High Quality Aluminum all over. It goes together real easy judging by the instructions. I have it half way together, checking things out. The installation looks stupid proof easy. The trigger guard is large enough for me to shoot with gloves. I was concerned about that.

I took a look at the grip, and compared it to an Ergo Palm Swell I had. I was going to just put it on, figuring any stock grip would be cheap. Well, I had to put the Ergo back in the box. The Hand Grip on the Rogue is awesome. You can see that this is one place JTact ended up putting a little weight onto the weapon. It is nice and hefty, It is a well engineered rubber grip and ergo friendly. Since this is a bullpup, you want a good center of mass grip. i like it a lot.

The rails come standard with numbers that cost extra on other stocks. They do not protrude in a way that makes them sharp edged. There is not much to snag things on with the Rouge. I am thinking where I want to put a rail attached sling point, or just so with a single point.

The receiver is well covered and provides protection to my face. I like that. It is interesting to see how they engineered it. The top of the stock has a rubberized place for a good cheek-weld. I am wondering if I am going to have to pad that for a large scope.

As some have said, it was up there in price. I compared it to my other builds and it seems every custom build ended up costing around the same. $1000 plus a piece. The difference is you don't have to buy anything else. Even a JAllen needs a separate handguard to get top rail. This weapon includes everything.

Building an ERB, or a Troy are both, just as expensive. If you are going to build battle rifles out of the M14, you know the price. No cry babies here. After good optics you may well be over $4000 for the total weapon.

If you like doing M14 builds, I would recommend buying this stock. It is a quality piece. It is the lightest build out there that gives you a scope rail solution for the M14. This stock is way different than the others. If offers a small signature. No one would think that you were packing a 1000 meter weapon. The Rogue really has a nice light weight small footprint. Nobody would guess you had .308s shooting out of that.

Changing out mags is definitely going to be different. I think that if you want to have a nice portable package like the Rogue you are going to have to enter the world of the Bullpup, and learn a new weapon skill.
Bullpup_9.jpg

Re: Juggernaut M14 Bullpup Buyers First Impressions

Innovations always seem to amaze me.
That is really neat,cool,and all that.
I would like to see a video with it in use ,hard use...

Great video,thanks for linking it up.

Re: Juggernaut M14 Bullpup Buyers Build

Sorry for delaying my post. I had thought I put this up here. First off, I ordered this stock recently.

I am interested in another and was told that there is a Black Friday Sale going on for the Rogue lasting into the holidays with a big discount. $900 including the charging handle.

So if you are planning to buy one, wait. I hear the new deal includes the left side charging handle in the package. I am waiting till then to order my second.

I decided to build my Rogue to be a CQW. I used a SA regular barreled rifle to put in the Rogue Stock. It took me about 20 minutes to install the entire rifle and Left sided charging handle. I was able to do it in my living room with no special tools except some Purple Loctite, and some Allen wrenches. In all, there was only one screw that needed to be installed by me. The stock breaks down with two spring captured hand screws on the sides of the stock.

I had to break down my rifle to the point where the op rod was removed. The trigger function is smooth and the left sided charging handle is well engineered and frankly, awesome!. You can't even really see its profile in the over all weapon. See pics.

For accessories I used two Gear Sector Hand guards, a Shorty Fore-Grip, and a Surefire 6P with pressure pad. For Back up sights I used ARMs new flip up sights ($75/pr). Optics included an EOTech standardized for .308. The top rail has 15 inches of space. In the future I will be adding some NV, and IR equipment. I also installed an SEI bolt release. The stock is designed to accept this easy upgrade, and as you can see in the pics, looks like it belongs there. I didn't feel I needed a mag latch upgrade.

You have to remove the rear sight on the M14 to install the stock, and I also removed the front sight, changing it to a SEI Vortex M14 Direct Connect Flash Suppressor. I used a full length barrel, and the end result shortened my weapon incredibly.

If you notice my grip installation in the pictures you will see that I mounted a Gear Sector hand grip directly in front of my shorty at 6 o'clock, and a second one at 9 o'clock on the left rail to place my thumb. This gives me two ergonomic hand positions to use my battle rifle with. This is a very comfortable setup. I also used snap on rail guards to fill in unused rail space. I spent more time installing my accessories than bedding the rifle.

On a scale of 1-10 for gunsmithing, this stock was a 3 to install. If you can break your M14 down for cleaning, you should have no problem with the install at all. No special tools or alterations were needed. I am very happy with the result. You need only unscrew two spring captured screws on the side of the butt-stock. Then slide the butt-stock off. Everything you have to do to clean the weapon or maintain it is now available. Very simple to clean in the real world of sand and mud.

The left sided charging handle is a beautiful thing. It is engineered to be really low profile and it is a great addition to charging the weapon, being more upfront from the right side. See pics.

The method of mounting the barreled rifle action into the stock involves a piece on the front that mates the gas cylinder and rifle barrel together giving you the same type of match upgrade as a welded gas cylinder. It is similar to a EBR accurization. Although the manufacture does not claim this stock will make your rifle more accurate, it should help, since the barrel is free floated and the gas cylinder is married to the barrel in such a way as to improve performance in my opinion. You certainly don't need to waste any money on a NM Gas Cylinder. I did take the opportunity to install a NM piston, New Op Rod Spring, and NM Spring Guide.

Overall, this was the easiest stock upgrade I have ever done. I presently have M14s in a Glass bedded stock, SAGE EBR, Troy, and JAllen, and this was by far the easiest. Well here are some pics with notes on them for the things I have discussed. Next comes the range report after the holidays.

JTact_M14_Rogue.jpg

JTact_LeftHandChargingHandle-1.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/BrokenSailor/JTact_LeftHandChangingHandleClosed.jpg

JTact_FrontGrip.jpg

JTact_BoltRelease.jpg

That is one sweet lookin weapon!

Nice Rig Sailor..........It seems when building an m14, the sky is the limit....I don't think I've ever seen one Rogue exactly the same.

I love mine this things is so balanced I love to shoot it can't wait to go back to the range for more fun. I might need a second job to support my ammo habit.
3e412e6c.jpg

very cool pics. Reminds me of a Pug...ugly but cool looking at the same time. Too bad here in Kali, if it has a pistol grip, it has a limitation of 10 rounds and a non-detachable magazine...so I'll be keeping mine in the JAE.

New York is the same 10 round mags

It just looks wrong , I know it's just me call me old fashioned I like wood

Interesting. Looks like shooting lefty is a no-go though with this chassis.

Just get ready for H2Oman to find this thread and post gobs about this chassis. He's on countless forums promoteing this.

Lake City 173 gr Match Jams up M14

Took the build down to the range a shot this wench finally. Nice trigger, smooth. Weapon worked flawlessly. I forgot to use the left side charging handle most of the time. Not used to it being there. Very easy to control. You are holding half of the barrel. Nice balance. An extra pound on the trigger. Trigger was smooth. Thinking about getting another in black.

I was using 173 grain LC Match. That stuff jams up your weapon. Too long. Too bad I just found out they only use it one round at a time in competition. I got 3000 rounds of it. Guess I will save it for the Rem 700.

Re: Lake City 173 gr Match Jams up M14

To my knowledge from talking to JTact, H2Oman started out trying to be a distributor, hence the interest in his posting all over the place. I checked him out to pick up my chassis, but with his cheesy web site, I didn't feel comfortable. I went direct to the manufacturer. Cost me an extra hundred for the comfort. Glad I did, as they booted him from distributing. Too much bad juju from him I gathered. Nothing personal against him. I do not know the guy. I just know that he seems to get booted from every forum he joins under a number of names. Why that is, I know not either... The threads have gone silent from his posting, and his pictures pulled since. I believe JTact has sold well over a hundred of these stocks since they came out and people are very happy. I am ordering a second and I was told they are starting to run low on stock, and running a new batch now. By the end of SHOT who knows. If you want one, grab it now. They had a killer sale for Christmas. I wish I had picked another up then, but didn't have the funds. Very good customer service. They answer their phone. Not like Short Rifles. I had to prepay for that stock and after a year of excuses I finally got my money back through PayPal...and the stock form JTact is superior to that model. I waited 6 months to get my JAllen stocks ver.2 and had to prepay. I hate the Prepay crap. JTact had it in stock, shipped it, and was in my hands in two days. Very happy all around with JTact.

NY mag rules and Preban Mags

You only have to have a 10 round mag in NY unless you buy preban mags. I have many 20 round mags that were made before the ban, and you can still by them. Check out Prebanarms.com. Fulton used to sell some also.

Re: NY mag rules and Preban Mags

Thanks for the review, I've been looking for a nonbiased write up. I think a m14/m1a with this stock is gonna be my return from the sand gift.

I freaking LOVE my Rogue....It was the easiest build ever. It gives me a floating barrel in a short manageable package. Love shooting it. Better than all the others I have. I used to love my EBR, but now this is my number one shooter.

Yeah JTV, I have run into H2Oman on other forums. Seems he started as a distributor, got booted and now needs to dump the one Rogue he actually has to sell. He seems to like recommending "Necessary" products for the Rogue or it won't work right. I don't like that kind of con-artist type BS. Anyway, I am really happy with it.

I weighed it out and it is the exact same weight as my EBR all other things being equal. I am debating whether to bed my Super Match in a second Rogue or a JAllen. I have an extra JAE around, but was thinking of selling it and buying another Rogue. I like it more every time I shoot it.

It seems that the H20man fan club has spotted him deleting his facebook post....... this is really interesting to say the least.
H2O's Rogue M14

I have no plans to shoot this configuration from a prone position with a bi-pod and it's plenty heavy before adding the recoil pad extension so I have removed it and gone back to my original configuration.

Like · · Share · February 4 at 1:15pm ·

Sol Rosenberg Do you really plan on shooting a scoped rifle from the off hand? or do you plan to take the scope off?
12 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 Off hand and scoped is fairly easy with this compact configuration.
2 hours ago · Unlike · 1

Sol Rosenberg So is it hard to shoot in the Prone position????
2 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 It's made easier with the addition of the 2" spacer with the built in mono pod rail
2 hours ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg What is your tightest group from the prone position, with the spacer vs. without the spacer?
2 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 I haven't fired it with the spacer installed, but I did fire a group that was under 1" from bags on a bench with a medium heavy 18" barreled action using 168gr match ammo. Note: Understand that all of my M14s are custom built by Smith Enterprise, Inc. and they are more accurate than I can shoot.
2 hours ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg I just found this pic on Juggernaut's page.........I'm assuming this is your group with out the spacer.....
302533_251959414843081_202193666486323_681643_1382689857_n.jpg

I have a LWRC........Custom short barrel, 12"............and there's no way in hell we get groups this tight......Tell me again why you think you need the spacer or even a mono pod??? I'm not getting why you need the spacer.........

Wall Photos
H20 man's 5 shot group..........sighting in his New scope.........Not to shabby for store bought ammo!
By: Juggernaut Tactical
2 hours ago · Like ·

H2O's Rogue M14 Correct.
2 hours ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg: Tell me again why you think you need the spacer or even a mono pod??? I'm not getting why you need the spacer......... and How do you know if you need the spacer, if you haven't even done the test fire???
a few seconds ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14

‎2" spacer installed

Like · · Share · January 21 at 11:08am ·
Eric Schwab likes this.

Eric Schwab This ROCKS!
January 21 at 6:05pm · Like · 1

Sol Rosenberg Nice rifle.........it would make more sense to take that heavy riser and scope off......and probably the spacer too(since your not going to shoot from the prone position) put a aimpoint T1 micro on it and lighten it up a bit.
3 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 I red dot sitting tall is very nice, simple and light weight... something with a 1 or 2 MOA dot would be ideal, but this 1.5-5x set-up is also practical and it allows a little magnification that helps me to better ID what I'm looking at. Operators choice.
2 hours ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg ahhhh, Just seems to look to be a heavy optics set up..... what is your max range you operate at?
2 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 I had fired the rifle at 400 yards with an EOTech before the bullpup conversion... it's good for 750 plus yards as it sits now, but I have not yet shot beyond 130 yards
2 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 You ask better questions and bring up more valid points than most.
2 hours ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg I use my weapons professionally.......and I think this system is going to be a perfect fit for my needs......just want to make sure i'm not missing anything before I purchase one.
2 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 I'll let you shoot mine if you ever travel to NE Georgia.
2 hours ago · Unlike · 1

Sol Rosenberg So, tell me.........what is the max range that you plan to shoot your Rogue, from the offhand...normally?? 130 yds???
2 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 At least 400 yards, but further when braced against a solid object. The chrome lined 18" barrel I'm using will reach much further.
2 hours ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg Wow, That's some awesome shooting.......to be able to hold cross hairs on target.. standing and shooting at 400yds and beyond. what weight barrel are you using and who makes it?
2 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 I am currently using a standard weight 18" barrel that is chrome lined. It was made by Wilson for SEI. It has 4 grooves and a 1:10 ROT... it's chambered for M118LR. SEI's new barrels are not chrome lined, none of SEI's barrels are.
2 hours ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg What is the set up that was used in your post where you are comparing weight next to the Sage EBR??? Is that a SEI rifle action with a standard weight barrel?
2 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 Both rifles in that picture have standard weight barrels. The CQB-16 in the EBR uses a barrel that is 16.25" plus SEI's SOCOM muzzle kit and DC Brake. The barrel in the bullpup chassis is 18.0" plus SEI's DC Vortex
about an hour ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg So the Rogue has the heavier rifle action and a heavier optics set up??? The Picture in the comparison, is that the barrel you used in the .50 moa group?
about an hour ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 I think the two standard weight barreled actions weigh about the same with muzzle devices installed. That group was fired from the barreled action in my USN MK14 Mod 0 type SEI, it is a medium heavy 18.0" tube made for SEI by Wilson
about an hour ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 I had this medium heavy Mod 0 action in the bullpup chassis at one time
about an hour ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg How do you like that SEI billet receiver??? 16.25" barrel weights the same as a 18" barrel???... why would anyone buy a 16.25"???? the overall length can't be that different.......

Johnnyb Sergio Iberra Bog So where exactly can I get a chassis from besides gun broker
Thursday at 9:02pm · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 Johnnyb, Gun Broker is your best bet right now because the manufacturer is out of stock.
Friday at 10:11am · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 The 50 round drum mag pictured is the new X-14 from XS-Products. It fits all of my Norinco and Poly Tech receivers.
7 hours ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg Are all of your m14's Chinese? why would you spend so much money on SEI building your rifles.........Expensive Optics.......Expensive Chassis , expensive 50rd. mag and then put a communist receiver in it??? with SEI's legendary reputation........I'm surprised they would even do this, much less dub it a USN MK 14???? can you explain?
6 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 I appreciate quality no matter what the country of origin is and the ChiCom receiver are known to be dimensionally closer to USGI than all but the new SEI receiver that was not available when I was having my M14s built. Also know that Ron Smith knows the Norinco and Poly Tech receivers better than the Chinese that made them. Chinese M14 receivers are all that and a bag of chips for about half the price of any commercial tier 1 M14 receiver
6 hours ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg Not to be negative.........but we are in a serious recession.....saving 400 bucks on the receiver hardly seems worth putting Americans out of work..........just saying.
26 minutes ago · Like
H2O's Rogue M14 What's it weigh?

The CQB-16 is 11 pounds 7.0 ounces with an empty 25 round magazine.

The bullpup is 15 pounds 5.0 ounces with an empty 20 round magazine... 17 pounds 6.0 ounces with the suppressor.
January 10 at 10:01am · Like

Sol Rosenberg what is the base weight with no rifles or accessories for the sage Mod o verses the ROGUE??? What is the overall length of both systems with the same rifle actions? Do both rifles field strip with out tools?
20 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 The black CQB-16 with is 37" with the butt stock collapsed.
9 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 The bullpup conversion with an 18.0" barrel and a DC Vortex is 28.25" long. The complete chassis and all mounting hardware weighs 6 pounds. The CQB-16 uses a M14ALCS/CV that is similar to the Mod 1 EBR, not the heavier Mod 0... I think the M14ALCS/CV is just under 5 pounds with the LMT SOPMOD installed. No tools need with the Rogue, but you should have a MK14 EBR multi tool for the SAGE
9 hours ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg So what is the base weight of a SAGE MOD 0??? what is the "operating" length of the SAGE? If you scope it....doesn't that add weight to the SAGE base weight???? how much does a Sadlak scope mount weigh?
8 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 The Mod 0 or M14ALCS weighs about 6.5 lbs and accessories do add weight... 'M14 RESEARCH' here on Facebook should be able to better help you with the weight of individual items than I can. My comfortable operating length with the SAGE varies with the stock and my shooting position, but I usually extend the butt stock by 2 positions.
8 hours ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg So we are talking 39" for the EBR and 28.25" for the Rogue.......that's good to know and 6.5lbs for the Sage vs 6.lbs for the Rogue......that's also good to know as well.
8 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 Yes & Yes. Another good thing to know about the bullpup conversion is that even though you usually end up with a heavier total package when compared with a similar SAGE EBR set-up you can manage the added length and weight of a sound suppressor with the Rogue better than with any other M14 stock because the weight is much closer to your center of gravity.
8 hours ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg That's good info........I have read that before. Doesn't sound like "tit for tat" that the Rogue is heavier..........but .5lbs lighter....... what about Re Zeroing the scope??? one of my Army" Operator" friends.....told me that He hates the Sage for three basic reasons. 1. His optics mounts vibrate loose(regularly) and he has to re Zero....when they clean them(almost every day) They have to Re Zero. 2. Extremely off balanced (especially in offhand position) 3. Field stripping is a mother......(and you have to re-zero). Needless to say, he's getting a Rogue too..... when he gets back from the desert. Rumor has it, that the Rogue is making quite a name for it's self over in theater with the "Shadow warriors"..........that's what got my attention. I Also heard last week that a SEAL killed 3 pirates with a Rogue.........second hand info of course.
8 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 There are a few that don't care for the SAGE EBR for one reason or anther, but it is the best modernized M14 stock available in large numbers.
8 hours ago · Like

Sol Rosenberg I have Another friend with "Homeland security" they 86ed the Sage for the Troy MCS.......they are convinced it's better than the SAGE...........they sage maybe becoming obsolete to current needs of the Modern day warrior.........
7 hours ago · Like

H2O's Rogue M14 I see the SAGE EBR getting better and gaining more of a market share than they currently own.
7 hours ago · Like

WoW...the Emails keep coming in for the h20 man fan club......Here, Kevin Young(aka H20man) uses the screen name SR420......It look's like there is some validity to some of the claims made......notice the dates of the posts....he sure does change his tune after Nov3, about the time he departed from us.
FYI, I have Highlighted the links, dates and quotes from Kevin, so feel free to look it up for Validity.

<span style="color: #000099">http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448759&highlight=m14+bullpup&page=2</span>

<span style="color: #33CC00"> August 7,
2011, 10:46 AM
SR420</span>

Quote:
soren57

Bullpup rifles????
just want your opinion on bullpup rifles.
Just want to get some basic feed back before i buy a bullpup.
I wanted a .308 bullpup so I looked at the RFB when they 1st came out. It's very nice, but I prefer the ability to visually inspect the chamber.
<span style="color: #FF0000">I have been interested in a bullpup conversion for the M14, but the only one out there for the past 3 years has been virtually unavailable.

My patience paid off last Saturday when I converted one of my MK14s into a bullpup M14 using the Rogue stock from Juggernaut Tactical.
The results thus far have been fantastic. The trigger is crisp, the mag changes are not problematic and the balance is outstanding.
I like the Rogue so much I became the distributor.
</span>

<span style="color: #000099">
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459497&highlight=m14+bullpup</span>
<span style="color: #FFFF00">
August 11,2011
SR420</span>

M14HDW.US Rogue Bullpup M14
<span style="color: #FF0000">I have been interested in a bullpup conversion for years and recently found what I have been looking for...

The Rogue bullpup chassis is made by an outfit called Juggernaut Tactical, it's a work of art and it's not cheap.</span>

I am still toying with optics and accessories, but this is how it looks today with my old Crazy Horse MK14 Mod 0
type SEI installed. The OAL is just 28 and 1/4 inches with an 18.0" barrel and a DC Vortex flash eliminator.

Click to enlarge

_____
<span style="color: #FFFF00"> August 11, 2011, 08:50 PM #9
SR420</span>

Quote:
C0untZer0 Have you researched the trigger?

I've heard the triggers are not so great...
Researched it, inspected it and shot it.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Military 2 stage with a clean break... it feels about the same as it did in the SAGE EBR only different.</span>
<span style="color: #FFFF00"> August 11, 2011, 08:59 PM #10
SR42</span>0

Quote:
Jason_G I'm scratching my head at a few things though. It would make a whole lot more sense to me for a bullpup config to retain the original irons, or at the very least some BUIS. I've never handled one in person, but I don't understand the necessity of the huge heat shield over the top of the weapon that covers up the iron sights. Does it serve a purpose?

How's the trigger? Do you know what the total weight of the new chassis plus the barreled receiver is?

Jason
A set of Troy Micros shipped today.
<span style="color: #FF0000">The heat shield is actually your cheek rest.
The trigger is excellent and the weight with a medium heavy 18.0" barrel and empty mag is pictured below.
</span>

<span style="color: #FFFF00"> August 13, 2011, 04:47 PM #23
SR420</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">It shoots great, it's accurate and well balanced.
__________________</span>
M14HDW.US Company Store
SR420

<span style="color: #FF0000">5 shots of 168gr AMAX were fired at each target @ 100 yards from the same National Match M1A.</span>
302533_251959414843081_202193666486323_681643_1382689857_n.jpg

The target on the left utilized the Rogue bullpup stock, the target on the right utilized a bedded McMillan stock.

images

1" measured from outside edge to outside edge.
Gunny Hamler SNCO IC USMC shooting team - retired.
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467614
<span style="color: #FFFF00">January 21, 2012, 06:11 PM #11
SR420</span>

Quote:
DasGuy That bullpup M1A looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. I dig it.
Thanks!

Quote:
PH/CIB Incredible looking M1A's,,, have never had a bull pup rifle,,,how is the trigger on the bull pup?

I have the Springfield Armory Scout M1A with the walnut stock,,, rather than a bedding job am leaning towards a Sage EBR or the J. Allen Entprises stock,,,,,in your experience with the M1A platform which stock will increase accuracy the most,,,and beyond that possibly a rebarrel job to a medium or heavy weight barrel for more accuracy?
<span style="color: #FF0000">Thanks! The trigger is fine (not terrible), but you will notice the extra mechanics to it.</span>
<span style="color: #FF0000">
As for accuracy, you have already named the two that I would suggest, JAE & SAGE.</span>
The SAGE EBR is my favorite, it's simple, robust and tends to weigh less than a JAE when all is said and done.
Be sure and check out the PMRI from SAGE, it has a Magpul PRS2 on a proprietary butt stock adapter.

You think they might be switching over from the EBR to the Troy chassis so they have rail over the receiver? The EBR still needs a scope mount for anything but a forward mounting optic. I have seen the EBR with the little piece of rail mounted where the clip guide goes, but I have not seen anyone use it in theater.

Whereas the Troy as a continuous rail that goes over the receiver. I love my EBR over my Troy, but I only have an EOTech on it. I love my Rogue better. Still getting used to it, but I can't find anything to complain about. My Troy seems to be a very long weapon once I put the butt stock and buffer tube on.

That looks like an amazing platform. It is ridiculously compact and lightweight. If only I had the money I'd definitely pick one up. Nice review.

Just saw a pic of a cantilever scope mount on the Sage in another post. Looks like a nice solution for the EBR. It comes of the forward rail and hangs over the receiver. I wonder what kind of beating it would take and still stay on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtv3062</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Just get ready for H2Oman to find this thread and post gobs about this chassis.
He's on countless forums promoting this. </div></div>

I liked the original conversion kit well enough and the new 2012 version looks to be an improvement over the original.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrokenSailor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just saw a pic of a cantilever scope mount on the Sage in another post. Looks like a nice solution for the EBR. It comes of the forward rail and hangs over the receiver. I wonder what kind of beating it would take and still stay on. </div></div>

I was using the LT-608 on my Rogue and it worked quite well.
The LT-608 was designed for the USN MK14 Mod 1 that rides in a SAGE EBR chassis
If you can post a picture of what you saw I will verify if it was mine.

BTW...

BrokenSailor, you don't know me and there is no truth in what you have ever posted about me.

You have never dealt with me, yet you work to tarnish my stellar reputation and customer service record - why?

You have never met or spoken with me, yet you feel the need to run your mouth and attack me - why is that?

You drink the Kool-Aid and repeat the lie filled BS that Dino feeds you without question - why?

Unprovoked, you have attacked and slandered me on several forums - why?

Can you think and speak for yourself or are you just a stooge for Dino?

Give me an honest, no BS answer to these questions or hit the door because I'm sick of your lies and BS.

Every thing he's posted is true............Your're nothing but BS.........I heard you were in south beach recently.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...e=1&theater

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrokenSailor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just saw a pic of a cantilever scope mount on the Sage in another post. Looks like a nice solution for the EBR. It comes of the forward rail and hangs over the receiver. I wonder what kind of beating it would take and still stay on. </div></div>

BTW...

BrokenSailor, you don't know me and there is no truth in what you have ever posted about me.

You have never dealt with me, yet you work to tarnish my stellar reputation and customer service record - why?

You have never met or spoken with me, yet you feel the need to run your mouth and attack me - why is that?

You drink the Kool-Aid and repeat the lie filled BS that Dino feeds you without question - why?

Give me an honest, no BS answer to these questions or hit the door because I'm sick of your lies and BS. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrokenSailor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[snip]

I was using 173 grain LC Match. That stuff jams up your weapon. Too long. Too bad I just found out they only use it one round at a time in competition. I got 3000 rounds of it. Guess I will save it for the Rem 700. </div></div>
If you're talking over-the-course and DCM and Leg matches, wher a LOT of military teams compete, there's still 200 and 300 rapid fire. Load 2 and reload with 8.

I've shot plenty of the old M118 stuff. Never jammed. Ever. Fits in the magazine, ya know...

If *any* version of USGI ammo doesn't work in a rifle, I'd bet the rifle is screwed up royally.

I think hes talking about the m118 LR, the overall length is to long to run through a m14 mag.........I had trouble too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrokenSailor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[snip]

I was using 173 grain LC Match. That stuff jams up your weapon. Too long. Too bad I just found out they only use it one round at a time in competition. I got 3000 rounds of it. Guess I will save it for the Rem 700. </div></div>
If you're talking over-the-course and DCM and Leg matches, wher a LOT of military teams compete, there's still 200 and 300 rapid fire. Load 2 and reload with 8.

I've shot plenty of the old M118 stuff. Never jammed. Ever. Fits in the magazine, ya know...

If *any* version of USGI ammo doesn't work in a rifle, I'd bet the rifle is screwed up royally. </div></div>

Water Boy, Answer this.....why do you want to be so popular? where you the high school nerd? based on your new website, it seems that you are an "Attention whore".
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3...e=3&theater

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrokenSailor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just saw a pic of a cantilever scope mount on the Sage in another post. Looks like a nice solution for the EBR. It comes of the forward rail and hangs over the receiver. I wonder what kind of beating it would take and still stay on. </div></div>

BTW...

Give me an honest, no BS answer to these questions or hit the door because I'm sick of your lies and BS. </div></div>

Coupla tips, JTAC. Pulling that personal attack bullshit with a photoshopped pic is sorry conduct. Bumping your own thread for sales reeks of a lack of integrity. You are showing your ass. No one will want to do business with you.

thanks for the tips.......I haven't bumped in some time...I didn't photo shop........that's someone of his fan club members. Just giving him a taste of his own medicine.

Cartridge overall length:

M80 2.80 "
M118 Long Range 2.83 "
M118 Special Ball 2.83 "
M852 2.83 " - 0.03 "

References: a) Army Ammunition Data Sheets TM 43-0001-27 with Change 3 (includes M118SB data) b) Army Ammunition Data Sheets TM 43-0001-27 with Change 6 (includes M118LR data).

I don't know Gump. I only brought the ammo out to the range once, and had problems with the mag cycling the ammo out of the mag. It seemed to be getting jammed out of the mag on the feed ramp. I had to cycle the op rod by hand to flip out the round and load another. It was taking some force to feed the round. After I paid some attention to the the magazine and bumped the rounds towards the back of the mag, I got ten rounds to fire sequentially, before a jam on the feed ramp out of the mag again.

I asked around, and got replies that people had the same issue and that the round was a little long and that the problem was common.

The rifle eats everything else just fine, and I take good care of all my M4s. I will take some more ammo out and run it through some different mags and different M14s. I have an ass load of the ammo, so I might as well give it another try.