• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

July After Action with Marc and Frank

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

Another set of classes in the books, we break down our observations from a new group of shooters.

Bear in mind, we see a wide variety of students, with a wide variety of weapon systems. From 6GT to 7-08 to 270, 7mm, 30-378wby, etc. Being able to give a student a handout and let them visually see the Weaponized Math work is priceless.

I have included the worksheet, this is V1, so we will have more coming soon.

Attachments

• Weaponized Math Worksheet v2 .pdf
      84.4 KB · Views: 127
    Fantastic class. Thank you guys. Weaponized math was super easy, I was amazed at how well PR1 went with taking any level of shooter, correcting fundamentals, and then everyone was having first round hits from 300-1000. Super smooth. No need for Kestrels, and Phones... simple math.

PR2, I'd be curious on different formats.

I like the tracking test, dot drills on getting up and down, and speed. I found that drill really fun, and think it'd be worth maybe running 2 cycles of it. Like run it once, give tips and a brief talk on how to do it better. Run it again.

Tracking test, possibly try to have 2 stations if possible, just to speed it up.

The different positional shooting positions were great exposure. Getting a lot of people to run the different positions was fun, but some people like me are lazy and without guided instruction, I tend to just fall off or only do things I do well / easy. Which is why I never practice offhand shooting. You mentioned having small groups per station, and I think that's good. Small groups, focused learning, either small groups of people helping each other, with the instructors rotating for tips.

PRS Mini Comps.
    Great exposure to a mini comp under time. I think we could incorporate more learning during this section. People under time, tend to fall into bad habits. Bladed positions, etc. It'd be great to have a person run it once, and then get some tips on corrections / how to do it better. And have them run it again.

It might be that PR2 comes out to being more like a 3-Day course given the amount of content/shooting. Or it requires splitting into two groups with the instructors splitting off.

• Love
    Reactions: Enough Said
    Yes,

I am completely redoing PR2 for AK, the class before yours was completely different even though it was the same. The dynamics of a class change very easily based on the students. Which is good, we try to run things in a very consistent way. We started adding extra PR 2 classes this year, instead of just one per cycle, so I get so experience how different levels of shooters respond to it. What was clear between June and July, I have to adjust it.

The scope tracking, we could almost run two stations, but there is an element of it, I feel works doing it one at a time. What we are thinking is reducing the classroom so the Tracking test can start first thing, then we can do a FoM review on the line vs talking about it. That would open the door for the Dot Drill using the single Shoot N C as we did. I wish I had space to do individual 1" dots, but the 2" Shoot N Cs are pretty good. I could always use a single 1" C, they come in the package that would work too.

But the wide variety of shooters helps me blend the course better, your feedback is a valueable part of the equation.

I always want a better class, even it runs 100% smooth, I find something to tweak.

Reactions: littlepod