• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Just Added: S & B 3-20x50 PMII with all the Specs

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 18, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    www.cstactical.com
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Schmidt & Bender Pre-Order Product Page with all the Specs has been added to our site:</span>

Click Here To View Product Page/Pre-Order

Don't have a solid ETA from S & B at the moment. Sounds like it could be late June/early July or it could be sooner than that. We are now taking pre-orders with a 10% deposit or you can reserve with no payment.

S___B_3_20x50_PM_4c44bc1bf012c.jpg

Info on NEW H2CMR, Klein, and MSR Reticles:

http://www.cstactical.com/Magazine/Blog-Articles/New-Schimdt-Bender-Reticles.html

You can download the full Data Sheets with all the specs for each reticle directly below the social sharing buttons on the article page...

What do you think?

Thanks,

Mike @ CST

Re: Just Added: S & B 3-20x50 PMII with all the Sp

Awesome, now I just gotta save 3k lol

Great scope, have heard some from folks that this is the cats meow!

Mike,

Do you know when the 5-25x56 will be available?

click on the link, all the info is there bud.

I've been thinking heavily on this scope, just not sure if it's worth upgrading from my current pmII 4-16. It would be nice to have a few extra power, but then again, I might as well just get a 5-25x56 if I'm going to upgrade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been thinking heavily on this scope, just not sure if it's worth upgrading from my current pmII 4-16. It would be nice to have a few extra power, but then again, I might as well just get a 5-25x56 if I'm going to upgrade. </div></div>

Oh for sure, you gotta upgrade. I can help you. I have $1500 ready to send you for that old, beat up, outdated 4-16 has been. What say?

Haha, what a deal!

Re: Just Added: S & B 3-20x50 PMII with all the Specs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you think?

Thanks,

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Well, since you asked. I guess my first reaction is: Only $50 less than a 5-25x ?

Well Sept/Oct will give everyone a little bit more time to save up I guess.... Hopefully these won't get sold out the day they come in

What is the Over All Length of this scope?

Is there an indicator for second revolution on the elevation turret?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there an indicator for second revolution on the elevation turret? </div></div>

A button pops up from the middle of the elevation turret when you're in the second rev.

Does anyone know the "true" magnification range? I don't know the correct term for it, but the point at which the viewfinder starts getting smaller.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know the "true" magnification range? I don't know the correct term for it, but the point at which the viewfinder starts getting smaller. </div></div>

When you say true magnification range are you asking if it really starts at 3.1x and top end is really 20.1x? The field of view starts getting smaller as soon as you start increasing the power to the scope.

Mike @ CST

Is S&B still planning on integrating the lit reticle with the parallax adjustment on any models?

Mike, do you know how many you may be getting in?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know the "true" magnification range? I don't know the correct term for it, but the point at which the viewfinder starts getting smaller. </div></div>

I think you are referring to what is called tunneling. I was curious about this as well. I don't care for it on the 5-25 when I'm under 7.5X

Too bad it's only offered with CCW knobs. All my other S&B's are CW. I want to keep them all the same and I'm not about to replace them all!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad it's only offered with CCW knobs. All my other S&B's are CW. I want to keep them all the same and I'm not about to replace them all! </div></div>See, I have CCW knobs, so it's all good for me!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338LM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is S&B still planning on integrating the lit reticle with the parallax adjustment on any models? </div></div>

From what I have seen and heard they're only going to do this for 1-4's and 1-8's, but everything else will have it on the rear housing...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, do you know how many you may be getting in? </div></div>

Not at the moment, but we usually to try to order more than our pre-orders to have an inventory available.

Thanks,

Mike @ CST

Awesome great news! I'll be placing an order with ya!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BFD711</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know the "true" magnification range? I don't know the correct term for it, but the point at which the viewfinder starts getting smaller. </div></div>

I think you are referring to what is called tunneling. I was curious about this as well. I don't care for it on the 5-25 when I'm under 7.5X </div></div>Yes, this is what I'm talking about. I am wondering where the "tunneling" starts, when zooming out. On my 5-25, it starts around 7.5x, meaning the FOV is about the same from 5-7.5x

As soon as I start backing off the magnification from 25x you can start see the FOV increase.

Mike @ CST

Mike, you guys do trade in offers? I have a mint 5-25x56 CM GenII XR that I would love to trade for the 3-20.

is CCW/CW referring to a rise or drop in the elevation?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redroan4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is CCW/CW referring to a rise or drop in the elevation? </div></div>
    "Yes" and "No". "CCW" is short for "<span style="font-style: italic">Counter Clockwise</span>", and "CW" is short for "<span style="font-style: italic">Clockwise</span>". Both refer to the direction of rotation of the Elevation and Windage adjustments.

<span style="font-weight: bold">CCW Elevation Turret:</span> <span style="font-style: italic">Turning the turret CCW moves the POI "UP", and turning it CW moves the POI "DOWN".</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">CCW Windage Turret:</span> <span style="font-style: italic">Turning the turret CCW moves the POI to the "RIGHT", and turning it CW moves the POI "LEFT".</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">So conversely,</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">CW Elevation Turret:</span> <span style="font-style: italic">Turning the turret CW moves the POI "UP", and turning it CCW moves the POI "DOWN".</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">CW Windage Turret:</span> <span style="font-style: italic">Turning the turret CW moves the POI to the "RIGHT", and turning it CCW moves the POI "LEFT".</span>

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As soon as I start backing off the magnification from 25x you can start see the FOV increase.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Missing the question or we are not verbalizing correctly I think. We were referring to the effect seen below 7.5X on the S&B 5-25. From 7.5 down to 5X the field of view stays the same and the sight picture shrinks. We're curious if you know if this effect will be present at low magnifications on the S&B 3-20 also. I hear some people mention this is not an issue with the Premier's at low mag. and hardly noticeable on the Hensoldt (say from 4 to 4.5X only).

For those asking about the "tunnel effect" i cannot see how it could since f.o.v. Is 2.5x what the 5-25 is. I will be replacing my 5-25, I believe.

That's a good point. FOV down low on the 3-20 is pretty impressive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BFD711</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As soon as I start backing off the magnification from 25x you can start see the FOV increase.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Missing the question or we are not verbalizing correctly I think. We were referring to the effect seen below 7.5X on the S&B 5-25. From 7.5 down to 5X the field of view stays the same and the sight picture shrinks. We're curious if you know if this effect will be present at low magnifications on the S&B 3-20 also. I hear some people mention this is not an issue with the Premier's at low mag. and hardly noticeable on the Hensoldt (say from 4 to 4.5X only). </div></div>x2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BFD711</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As soon as I start backing off the magnification from 25x you can start see the FOV increase.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Missing the question or we are not verbalizing correctly I think. We were referring to the effect seen below 7.5X on the S&B 5-25. From 7.5 down to 5X the field of view stays the same and the sight picture shrinks. We're curious if you know if this effect will be present at low magnifications on the S&B 3-20 also. I hear some people mention this is not an issue with the Premier's at low mag. and hardly noticeable on the Hensoldt (say from 4 to 4.5X only). </div></div>

I cannot address this question at this time for I do not remember see this effect. I have seen this happen on scopes that have a large zoom ration so there is a good chance this will have it also.

Mike @ CST

Is the P4 in Mils, only using hash marks instead of dots? I am glad I am waiting to buy the perfect scope. This may be it.

Yes the P4 and P4F are both mil based reticles. Larger lines are full mils and the smaller are half mils. There are also a larger hashmarks at 5, 10 etc mils below the crosshair.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pwerstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the chances of getting this scope with the new Klein fully illuminated reticle? This reticle is shown to be available on the German S&B website. </div></div>

There is a chance but do not get your hopes up!

Mike @ CST

I think that's great news about the scope and that you will let
    people reserve one without a deposit. Mike is great to deal with!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johndoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that's great news about the scope and that you will let
    people reserve one without a deposit. Mike is great to deal with! </div></div>

Thanks for your feedback.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MedicGordo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmm guess with the AX and 3-20 coming out it's gonna be a ramen noodle and sandwich kinda year. </div></div> LOL... I'm right there with you.

Mike @ CST

Would be interested to know if there is any tunneling issues with this optic since it has such a vast range. Has anyone done a T&E on this that can comment?

My brother had an SN3 years ago which had quite a bit of this. Not knocking USO's they are great. But you kind of lose the benefit of the wide range of power if you arent getting the field of view along with it.

I have also noticed it with Leupold alot but that is no surprise i guess.

Was looking to purchase a Z series Sub this year but might be rolling that money into this precision instrument instead.

I wisht to the great almighty long range shooter in the sky that they would move the illumination knob. I don't want to make a $3000+ gamble on it working with my left handed rifle.

I believe this would be the perfect scope for me for just about every application. Effin' backwardass eyeballs/brains.

I do not know of anyone having one yet. I was told they would be sending one to us for T&E but I have not seen it yet. I have also heard that S&B will be working on a scope for the Left handed shooters but this my not be for sometime.

Mike @ CST