• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just bought Costa's GAP 308 :)

alpha6164

Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
I am at my local shop looking at things and my phone rings and i see that it is Chris Costa (Magpul). He asks what i am up to and i told him i was at Gun Gallery and he said that he is two blocks away. After he comes in, he tells me that he wants to sell his 308 if i am interested. I walk out to his truck and what i see is the same rifle i have seen in action. It is a GA Precision FBI HRT rifle except he chose the McMillan A4 instead of the A3-5 stock. It has the Templar action, with Bartlein 20" barrel, SureFire brake, Badger EFR for ANPVS 22/27, and a nice crisp 2.5lb trigger. George built this rifle for Costa and from my understanding this rifle is what the FBI HRT progressed from. Needless to say it is a hammer. It also has a NF 3.5-15x50 scope on Badger rings. According to Chris he has a little over 300 rounds all Black Hills 175 in this stick.

Here are a couple of pics
smile.gif

f06a6407.jpg

9d9c1be5.jpg

Re: Just bought Costa's GAP 308 :)

Isn't exploitation of your patients against some sort of hypothetical oath?

Just kidding.

So you party with hot women, have a nice car and gun collection AND you're in with industry peeps? Some people have all the luck...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't exploitation of your patients against some sort of hypothetical oath?

Just kidding. </div></div>

LOL, no it just says i cant sleep with them. In Chris' case i am safe
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Midwest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you party with hot women, have a nice car and gun collection AND you're in with industry peeps? Some people have all the luck... smile</div></div>

Sometimes it is just being at the right place and the right time. I met Costa about 4yrs ago cause he lives in Jacksonville and we hit if off and have become good friends. He sure takes advantage of having a physician as a friend and i definitely call his ass up when i have questions about equipment and gear. It works out
smile.gif

Crap... I live in Valdosta.... We should all meet up..

I was just down there Saturday at Shooters...

smile.gif
its always good for you 2 to add a COP to the group
smile.gif

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

He has been trying to sell that rifle at Gun Gallery for about a year now. I have been in there a few times and looked at it. I found it odd though that he had a MIL dot reticle and MOA turrets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnit5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He has been trying to sell that rifle at Gun Gallery for about a year now. I have been in there a few times and looked at it. I found it odd though that he had a MIL dot reticle and MOA turrets. </div></div>

Yeah i know. He wanted $3200 for the rifle alone by itself and that is why he never sole it. It still was not a bad deal since a brand new rifle GAP is charging $4300. Needless to say i paid much less than what he was asking for and i got the scope and rings for FREE
smile.gif

The pictures would be better if "Jennifer Connelly" were holding the rifle.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The pictures would be better if "Jennifer Connelly" were holding the rifle.

Josh </div></div>

LOL, too bad that thread went away. I can definitely make that happen though
smile.gif

Slick looking rifle. post the results after you take her out to
the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: varmint6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slick looking rifle. post the results after you take her out to
the range. </div></div>

Thanks guys. For sure. I am taking it out this weekend to stretch its legs and will post results.

Awesome rifle. I have a question though. It's an HRT rifle with an A4. It looks just like a M40A5 with a Templar action and a 20 inch barrel. Is there something I am missing? Not knocking it. I would have bought in a second had I known it was for sale. Wally

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WallyAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome rifle. I have a question though. It's an HRT rifle with an A4. It looks just like a M40A5 with a Templar action and a 20 inch barrel. Is there something I am missing? Not knocking it. I would have bought in a second had I known it was for sale. Wally </div></div>

I see what you are saying, but the M40A5 is a Rem700 action. The FBI HRT is the closest without changing the whole rifle. I am sure all the rifles are some variation of each other if you change enough options lol. But the fact that it comes with the Surefire brake, the Badger EFR rail ready for PVS22/27 which M40A5 does not have and comes with Bartlein barrel vs the Schneider of the M40A5. Pretty much it is the FBI HRT with a different stock. Costa prefers the A4 stock so that is why he chose it that way.

I think you are referring to the M40A3 without the Surefire brake and EFR/PGW NV mount. The A5 has both. But I see what you are saying. Different action, barrel length and manufacturer. Cool stick. Wally

Nice pick up man, get some time behind it. I have a 1000 yard range, about an hour and a half from Jacksonville. The Gun Gallery Guys and I go out there to shoot long range. Pm me your info, and I'll toss you an invite the next time we go out there. Wont be till January though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yeah i know. He wanted $3200 for the rifle alone by itself and that is why he never sole it. It still was not a bad deal since a brand new rifle GAP is charging $4300. <span style="font-weight: bold">Needless to say i paid much less than what he was asking for and i got the scope and rings for FREE </span>
smile.gif
</div></div>I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Nice snag!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WallyAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you are referring to the M40A3 without the Surefire brake and EFR/PGW NV mount. The A5 has both. But I see what you are saying. Different action, barrel length and manufacturer. Cool stick. Wally </div></div>

The M40A5 has the PGW rail for the PVS22. It does not have the Badger EFR rail. If you look at both you see the mount is different on the FBI HRT vs the M40A5.

M40A5

I could be wrong, but I thought they used both mounts based on availability. Wally

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Raabe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice pick up man, get some time behind it. I have a 1000 yard range, about an hour and a half from Jacksonville. The Gun Gallery Guys and I go out there to shoot long range. Pm me your info, and I'll toss you an invite the next time we go out there. Wont be till January though. </div></div>

PM sent
smile.gif

The real M40A5 has a Badger EFR I believe. And the M40 uses a A4 stock.

Either way, it's a nice rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The real M40A5 has a Badger EFR I believe. And the M40 uses a A4 stock.

Either way, it's a nice rifle. </div></div>

Took the rifle to the range today and won the Turkey Shoot competition
smile.gif
The rifle shot like a hammer as expected. What was interesting is that at 808 yards i had a better score than three guys there with BR rifles, lol. Needless to say they were pissed when i left with the turkey.

They took the other targets before i had a chance to take a picture but here is a 3-shot group from 287 yards. Yes, i know the 5-shot group rule, but this was the turkey shoot competition and it was 3-shots per round per target so i could not help it.

Despite how well the rifle shot, i am putting it up for sale because i already have another GAP 308, and it is setup to accept my AAC suppressors. This rifle with the Surefire brake needs a Surefire suppressor and i dont wanna mess with the gun to have that changed. It is being listed in the for sale section
smile.gif

1fce7320.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The real M40A5 has a Badger EFR I believe. And the M40 uses a A4 stock.

Either way, it's a nice rifle. </div></div>

PGW EFR