• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just curious?

akakb24

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2014
West Virginia
I was just sitting around bored as hell, thinking about another AR project and was wondering if anyone has ever necked down the 6.5 Grendel to 6mm ? would it work or have any benefits? I like the thoughts of running the 105 vld's in the lighter platform. What say yee?

Thanks Steve, never heard of it until now.. Will do some research.. Anyone here have first hand experience with the 6mm AR?

Nah Jason, not really interested in the 6x45 case. I like the case capacity of the Grendel more. What's the difference in a 6mm AR and 243 LBC? I put together a Grendel once before, just wanting something 6mm with good case capacity and capable of a little more velocity than the Grendel.

There is a ton of stuff to investigate over at 6mmar. I keep having to wipe the drool off my keyboard. I decided to go with a 6.5CM upper, but now I'm wondering if I made a mistake. I didn't go with a 6turbo because I wanted a "little more", but I've had problems with this rifle, so I'm second guessing myself.

Well shit, perfect timing. There is one for sale in the classifieds section of this site for $3500. Just went up...

So many options out there looks like, everyone has their own spin on it.. You have the 6mm AR, 6mm Ar turbo, 243LBC and the 6x45. I liked the grendel I put together before, just wanted to try a 6mm. I'm gonna do some more digging I guess.. The guys over at predator masters were suggesting the 243LBC from Rich's custom...

That was some interesting reading Jason, it got a little off track but still worth reading. That's one fine looking rifle you have as well. What barrel make and length is it?

Yea, those caliber argument threads tend to stray off of the original topic pretty quickly.

At the time, that Grendel had a Black Hole Weaponry 18", heavy contour, rifle gas, octagonal fluted, stainless, 1 in 8" twist barrel. I've since tried a few others - JPs light contour, and just got my 20" medium contour from Proof Research. Sold the JP, and am hoping to test out the PR pipe very soon. The BHW barrel is ridiculously accurate, but being the heavy contour, weighs in at 3 lbs. The PR barrel is still 2 lbs, so if it doesn't match the accuracy of the BHW, I'll sell it too. Time will tell I guess...

My Grendel had a cheaper 16" liberty barrel on it.. It shot OK with bills 117 grain berger loads. It shot 1/2 moa at 100 yards and then I couldn't find anymore of it. I sold my Grendel when the AR craze hit and now I'm itching for another replacement. I just built a Seekins billet upper/lower rifle with geissele nm trigger and ubr stock with a rainier ultra match 223/5.56 wylde barrel and a diamond head 15" handguard. If it don't perform like expected, it becomes either a 18" 6.5 or 6mm Grendel... We shall see..