• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos just finished

benchduck

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
n.c.
my 308 had to much bounce for my little girl so i built this 243 for her krieger 1-8 #16 light palma adj htg stock her face is small the adjustable cheekpiece made a big difference in her confidence behind the gun got some 115s i will try later today but now were on the 105s (my scope not hers)

Re: just finished

Very nice. I like the adjustable HTG so much I bought one for myself last week from JWP. Super nice rig to start with let alone the PR glass setting on top, you should let her keep it!

From the pics, the sling looks like a leather Turner, or clone of same. I don't think it's synthetic as it looks like there's edge grain on the sides, thus the leather conclusion.

How old is your little girl? I'm considering having a .243 built for when my kids get a little older. Either that or a .223.

Kinda' tough to start them too young. Likely the big thing is listening to their desires & then using your wisdom to make sure they aren't overgunned.
It/she's unusual, but a friend has an interesting story. When she was 7, she was on a hunt in Africa with her family. Well a herd of antelope was a few hundred meters away, some of them prize animals. So naturally she had several people telling her to pick X, Y, or Z. She unshouldered her .300WM & told them in no uncertain terms that she'd pick the one which she wanted & to pipe down. Bagged a nice one.
Flash to present day, she's one of the top guides in AK, & much sought after. Holds a bunch of records too. The whole family, 3 generations are PH's.
So the starting them young thing works, & kids are often smarter than us "adults" give'em credit for.