• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just found local 1000 yard range

SmallBoreSnipers

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Troy, NY
I've been living in the capital district for 30 years and have never heard of this place. Pretty sweeeeeeeeet, and dues is only $40/year. Not bad at all. Just might have to invest in another centerfire. Or finally get that .17 out to 600. The only thing is that in order to become a member you have to classify yourself in an NRA shooting sport. Anyone know how you go about doing that?

http://www.forbesrifleandpistolclub.org/index.htm

forbes-gun-club.jpg

Re: Just found local 1000 yard range

To get a classification, you have to shoot in either an approved or registered match. Be that highpower, smallbore, or something else. After a certain number of competition shots are reported to the NRA you will recieve a classification card. Hope this helps.

^Cool. The range I usually go to up here holds smallbore so I can do that to get into that other range.

This is right outside of Albany, NY

When i get everything squared away this place is only an hour from me, so hopefully thats where ill be summer weekends.