• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just got an A&D auto throw kit! Help!

Okay thanks guys I'm taking to a guy now with a scale then i think I'll pick up the "V2 combo & 419 AT-full kit" for $680 from ce-products and just deal with the programming myself.

Okay thanks guys I'm taking to a guy now with a scale then i think I'll pick up the "V2 combo & 419 AT-full kit" for $680 from ce-products and just deal with the programming myself.

Bear in mind that kit does not have the machined straw, the lexan lid, or the centering replacement pan.

All the 419 mods are nice.Works as advertised without them but is better with them.If you can swing the extra dough start off with them all.If not upgrade as funds allow.Programming yourself is easy just follow instructions exactly as shown.There are no 419 mods I am not happy I purchased.

I just ordered the lexan lid, straw replacement, and centering block to round out my 120 with everything they make. The lid and centering block are going to be huge improvements, and the billet straw just looks better. My only gripe was having to bend down and verify that everything was center. I used to not even look until the first time I didn't put it in the right spot and it threw who knows how much powder until the pan was covered in 42.8 grains of H4350.

I just ordered the lexan lid, straw replacement, and centering block to round out my 120 with everything they make. The lid and centering block are going to be huge improvements, and the billet straw just looks better. My only gripe was having to bend down and verify that everything was center. I used to not even look until the first time I didn't put it in the right spot and it threw who knows how much powder until the pan was covered in 42.8 grains of H4350.

Been there, done that. Also sucks when you bump the straw and it dumps out a couple kernels that land on the pan, then you do it again 4 charges later. And 3 charges after that....

LOL! Sounds like me, when I thought the "Stop" function had been set and went to put the pan back on, and to toss a check weight onto the scale. What a mess (even more so, when I went to pick up the scale to get the powder off, and yanked the thrower on it's side, dumping powder everywhere). Now I just pull the plug on the thrower to be sure...

Reactions: Lonestar1027
LOL! Sounds like me, when I thought the "Stop" function had been set and went to put the pan back on, and to toss a check weight onto the scale. What a mess (even more so, when I went to pick up the scale to get the powder off, and yanked the thrower on it's side, dumping powder everywhere). Now I just pull the plug on the thrower to be sure...

I just put the cup back on the pan and make sure it doesn't run before I start doing anything else.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I'm going to need to sell a rifle so i can afford to reload for it ? Wonder if i can get my wife to start paying me rent...

The scale you all are using is the A&D FX-120i right, not the FX-300iN? Any recommendations on best place to get the scale?

Reactions: spife7980
Mine came with the Lee thrower and 100gr check weight (I bought it from CE Products linked above). It has everything you need to get it going right out of the box.

Thanks for this; a couple of other questions if you have the time:

1. Do the kits come with the Lee Auto Charger or do you have to buy that on your own?
2. It also looks like you need a 100 gram wieght?
3. Is there anything else that doesn't come with the kit that you needed to add later?

Thanks again!
1. Do the kits come with the Lee Auto Charger or do you have to buy that on your own? Yes, the lee hopper is included

2. It also looks like you need a 100 gram wieght? It may come with one, not sure of their current promotion. Used to be included but I think it was a limited time thing. Mine did not come with one.
You dont need it to make good ammo. I went for a few months without one and when I did get one I was only .007 grams off, so right about a tenth of a grain. What I got one for was so that I could calibrate the scale each time to make sure that from session to session it was always exactly the same. Now, my cheap weight could have actually been what was off and the scale could have actually been correct but I wasnt going to spend 50-100 bucks on a perfect check weight to find out. My 7 bucks weight doesnt change its mass so thats really all I care about, its a consistent weight thats pretty damn close enough.

3. Is there anything else that doesn't come with the kit that you needed to add later? I dont think so, I think its pretty great as it comes.

I added on the big metal PVA powder cup instead of the plastic one it comes with and I have more powder bounce out now than I did before with the plastic. The PVA cup and varget has made my scale a mess. But I had a credit and needed something to burn it on.
The big thing is to bend your straw in an s shape so that it slows down and to position the powder pan so it dumps into the side wall instead of straight down into the bottom, when it hits the wall it slides down smoothly, when it hits the bottom it bounces up and out. It will come with a small 3d printed base for the pan to sit in with some double sided tape underneath to hold it in place. Play around with its location and then once you have a good spot that doesnt bounce powder then tape it in place there, makes putting the plastic cup much easier/faster.

The double bend slows it down and then it comes out hitting the side of the cup to nicely pool in the bottom. I really should go back to it.
1547832843146.png

Thanks guys!

If you’re not looking to go whole hog on the Area 419 stuff, at the very least get yourself the clear lid. 100% game changer.

Attachments

• EA02457A-CF7D-4BFA-A4E7-3D6379EC7967.jpeg
    EA02457A-CF7D-4BFA-A4E7-3D6379EC7967.jpeg
    683 KB · Views: 65
Yeah I’m 90% area 419 product add ons with purchases one by one. Next is to change out the lee hopper, I had to fill it 3 times on my last reload session.

Last edited:
I just ordered the scale and gold plated 419 package from CE. I feel like a kid the week before Christmas. How long did it take for Santa to drop it off ?

Mine arrived within a week. Pretty easy to set up, just plan on about an hour to get everything together.

I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this.

LOL! "Go be poor somewhere else!" :LOL::LOL::LOL: (seriously though, you KNOW you NEED this)

Reactions: spife7980
[/QUOTE]I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this.[/QUOTE]
Neither did I. Neither did I. Neither did I. Neither did I. Neither did I. Neither did I. Neither did I. Neither did I. Neither did I. Neither did I.

LOL @TheGerman one way or other you will end up with it - it has a way of sneaking up on your credit card :eek: anyway better to ask for forgiveness , than ask for permission

I just got my V3 and it is stuck on the the first powder charge I set it to. I’ve leveled and re-checked all the settings and they’re correct.

two issues: 1-it will automatically shut off giving me an error (after one or two powder throws) of “4.315” on the unit and I get the following error on my app “peripheral disconnected”.

2- the unit is stuck on 34.5 grains no matter if I set it lower or higher... if I set it to 50 it will throw 35 ish grains and then trickle all the way to 50... if I try 20 grains it will still dump the 35ish grains. I’ve emailed the guy for setup but am not aware of any other way to get help. Any thoughts?

the unit is brand new and I’ve looked through several things online and didn’t see any help for this. The unit has been leveled though I’m not sure that would cause these issues.

Attachments

• 31A6A289-461B-4549-9216-31D03BF2E5C3.png
    31A6A289-461B-4549-9216-31D03BF2E5C3.png
    826 KB · Views: 20
I just got my V3 and it is stuck on the the first powder charge I set it to. I’ve leveled and re-checked all the settings and they’re correct.

two issues: 1-it will automatically shut off giving me an error (after one or two powder throws) of “4.315” on the unit and I get the following error on my app “peripheral disconnected”.

2- the unit is stuck on 34.5 grains no matter if I set it lower or higher... if I set it to 50 it will throw 35 ish grains and then trickle all the way to 50... if I try 20 grains it will still dump the 35ish grains. I’ve emailed the guy for setup but am not aware of any other way to get help. Any thoughts?

the unit is brand new and I’ve looked through several things online and didn’t see any help for this. The unit has been leveled though I’m not sure that would cause these issues.
Ummm...are you changing the size of the initial dump (threaded insert in the powder measure arm)? The electronic interface really just controls the delta between the power measure dump, and the final charge (via the trickler).

FYI: The powder measure should be set a full 2-3 gr's less than the desired final charge weight.

Thanks. I heard back from Adam and the plug needed to be swapped out. Thanks!

The power cord for the unit. They shipped the original which I guess has a glitch but they put another cord in the box with stickers to put on the other plug. I emailed the owner and he got right back to me... I must have missed it but I’ll just throw the other plug away.

Reactions: NiteQwill