• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just got busted by PayPal.

Re: Just got busted by PayPal.

They lock my Triad account when it had mucho bucks in it. I closed it when my probation was over, and never looked back. They will not get another cent of my (or yours) money out of Triad.

For what? dealing in firearm stuff?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For what? dealing in firearm stuff? </div></div>

Yeah. Thing about it was that there was nothing in the correspondence through PayPal that indicated such. They saw my listing, had to search via the link to my public profile which displays my email and tied it to the transaction to my account. Sent me a link to my ad and everything. So they're a member here........monitoring.

Here's a portion of the email they sent me>

<span style="color: #CC0000">We are hereby notifying you that it has been determined that you are in
violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy regarding your sale of Firearms
on
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2188107.</span>

They have a right to run their business however they please and I understand standing on principle. I they don't want my money, that's fine with me. I'll go back to postal money orders only. But their premise is flawed. They're standing on a principle that contradicts a Constitutional Right embodied in the 2nd Amendment.

They're stupid.

Well supporting them means supporting the anti gunners. I just flat out don't use them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well supporting them means supporting the anti gunners. I just flat out don't use them. </div></div>

You're right about that. Same way with Ebay I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: libertyman777</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well supporting them means supporting the anti gunners. I just flat out don't use them. </div></div>

You're right about that. Same way with Ebay I guess.

</div></div>

I don't use either one of these,if my payment needs to be sent through a paypal svc,I don't need what you are selling anyway.F'ck 'Em !!!!!
mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't use either one of these,if my payment needs to be sent through a paypal svc,I don't need what you are selling anyway.F'ck 'Em !!!!! </div></div>

Same here, if Pay-Cow or E-Gay are listed or spoken as payment, I hang up or find another on line dealer,....same with most all I know as well. And they stay on that list forever.

List a different email addy on here. Fuck em, bunch of faggot homo's...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: libertyman777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're trolling here. </div></div>

Good, then I hope they see this...

Fuck off you money grubing, cheating, stealing, worthless pieces of human shit...

PP will fuck you eventually, even if you follow all their rules, even if you don't do firearms transactions.

Fucking cocksuckers stole over $1700 from my checking account, not even my PP account, for a guitar that the buyer received.

Anyone that continues to use them is hereby warned, it is only a matter of time and they make all the decisions and don't give a shit about you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Fucking cocksuckers stole over $1700 from my checking account, not even my PP account, for a guitar that the buyer received.
</div></div>

I couldn't stomach giving them my bank account info to make me "verified" and save a few bucks for mailing me checks. I ditched them last month and hope others get out before the hammer drops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: libertyman777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're trolling here. </div></div>

Fuck off you money grubing, cheating, stealing, worthless pieces of human shit...

PP will fuck you eventually, even if you follow all their rules, even if you don't do firearms transactions.

Anyone that continues to use them is hereby warned, it is only a matter of time and they make all the decisions and don't give a shit about you. </div></div>

^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^^

There have been numerous threads of late re: PayPal screwing customers, its generally pi$$ poor business practices, and all of their policies/"rules" re: firearms/accessories/etc. BS!! I quit using their BS service a while back for these same reasons and I haven't looked back once. F$%@ PayPal and they horse it rode in on!

Just requested the last of my funds there and closed my account. Here is my comments to them:
Since you no longer allow any transactions for goods and services you deem to be firearm or firearm related I no longer wish to do business here. Especially now that you have trolls out watching all the firearm related forums for possible violations. The 2nd amendment is still strong and, as recent Supreme Court decisions indicate, still just as important as all the others in the Bill of Rights. If you don't agree, then don't exercise your right. But do not willfully try to step on the right of others to exercise this freedom.

USPS MOs have always worked for me. I rarely used my account any more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Anyone that continues to use them is hereby warned, it is only a matter of time and they make all the decisions and don't give a shit about you. </div></div>

AMEN! I dropped them years ago when I found out about their gun policy. Only use Postal Money Orders now. Takes longer, but <span style="text-decoration: underline">much</span> safer.

With all the horror stories I've heard about PP, I have to wonder:
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Why does anyone dealing with firearms still use them? [*]How many lawsuits has PP had filed against them for such behavior? (referencing the guitar) [/list]

I got washed on an AR upper a few years ago. $750 is what it cost me to learn the lesson of Postal MO, Bank check, OR BUST. I spend allot of time on forums when I am overseas and see tons of issues with people getting burnt where paypal is involved.

Screw em. its there loss and all you hear about is problems w/ them anyways. now they wanna troll sounds like a bunch of gutless worms.

I have been telling everyone not to use PAYPAL, but so many just have to do it. It's not like you can't get around it with any one selling what you want with an e-mail and a money order or cashier's check.
I got rid of those assclowns way back in 2004 and haven't looked back since. Been telling you all to do the same since then too
wink.gif

GAYPAL! only been caught once. heh

Well, fuck. I had no ideal. So aside from Postal Money Orders, is there a similar online service that anyone knows of?

Ive always refused Paypal payments from members here. I wont use them or Ebay. They are worthless shit bags.

Those dicks got me earlier this year for a post I had selling an AR upper and closed my account for their policy violations. Their loss in the end. Hope they die one day.

I just found Amazon payments. I'm going to give them a try.

I closed my account recently after I read a thread about how they screwed a few members on this site.

I just wish there was an alternative other than paypal to purchase access to the online instructional section of the forum...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I closed my account recently after I read a thread about how they screwed a few members on this site.

I just wish there was an alternative other than paypal to purchase access to the online instructional section of the forum... </div></div>

Well, there's a mint of money to be made for someone that has the wherewithal to make something like that happen. I don't have the money sense for it.

I for one would support a third party site like PayPal that would cater to us.

Oh well. The post office gets my $1.50 for a money order and then I always send Priority Signature required. That's $6 or so. But it's the same for $100 or $1000, so it all works out.

I haven't been screwed by them yet, but by the looks of things I don't want to take any chances. Time to close the paypal acct.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">paypal can suck it... </div></div>

+100!

I dropped them years ago. If a seller requires payment via PP, I make sure to tell the seller why I wont buy from them; Its important!

<span style="font-weight: bold">"They're trolling here." </span>

Good, then they can read this, you guys are a bunch of dicks.

Keith

I think its time for congressional investigation as to their seizure practices.They seem to be able to do things no other money/banking structure can even attempt.The only other people that can pull funds or lock your accounts with out court authorization is the GOV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think its time for congressional investigation as to their seizure practices.They seem to be able to do things no other money/banking structure can even attempt.The only other people that can pull funds or lock your accounts with out court authorization is the GOV.</div></div>

+100000000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> you guys are a bunch of dicks.
</div></div>

Quite possibly the quote of the year...love it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think its time for congressional investigation as to their seizure practices.They seem to be able to do things no other money/banking structure can even attempt.The only other people that can pull funds or lock your accounts with out court authorization is the GOV. </div></div>

Good Point. Lets all sign a petition and have them investigated!!! DOWN WITH PAYPAL

Correct me if I am wrong but on this site doesn't everyone use paypal to pay for the online training portion, if they use it. If I remember correctly this is why I have never paid for the online training even though I would love to have that information at my finger tips. Anti-gun = You don't get any of my money!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeltaRogerVictor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Correct me if I am wrong but on this site doesn't everyone use paypal to pay for the online training portion, if they use it. If I remember correctly this is why I have never paid for the online training even though I would love to have that information at my finger tips. Anti-gun = You don't get any of my money!! </div></div>

Hmmmmm............very interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So how can I pay for my online training without PP. </div></div>

I recently asked about this. I was told there is an alternative in the works, but the exact time frame is uncertain.

the paypal will take your money for a firearms forum? Now that is just silly.... Everytime I would sign up, when I went to renew it would decline my card then a day or two later would ask to retry the charge, except it, then decline it a month later. I stopped trying because it was such a huge hassle to keep working. I hope they change it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the paypal will take your money for a firearms forum? Now that is just silly.... </div></div>

As long as everyone feels good about what they're doing, then it's okay.......right?

Methinks something's amiss.

<span style="color: #CC0000">"We've got pro-gun folks using an anti-gun company to pay for a firearms related service. And everyone involved is cool with it." </span>

Yeah..........but it's all relative, right?

paypal isn't a bank that's why they can skirt the laws with locking your accounts, denying access etc.

This is another sign of a disturbing trend. While anti-gun laws are disturbing enough on their own, so too are the attitudes taken by private citizens. Between restrictive laws and misguided attitudes our rights are further endangered. "Mexican Match" posted in the "Bear Pit" that a postal employee refused to accept a shotgun he was shipping for repairs. As of late it seems what is actually legal isn't as important as someone's interpretation of what "ought to be". Could you imagine businesses targeting people who were exercising their religous freedoms or their right to free speach?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: libertyman777</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For what? dealing in firearm stuff? </div></div>

They saw my listing, had to search via the link to my public profile which displays my email

They're stupid. </div></div>

Not only do they do it, spam bots do it - I bet if Frank was to search his logs he would see about 75 different bots PER DAY that hit this site trolling for email addresses.

One should *NEVER* display a public emaill addy....

After reading all this crap I just closed my account also,sounds like its just a matter of time 'til you get screwed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">paypal isn't a bank that's why they can skirt the laws with locking your accounts, denying access etc. </div></div>

Are you the paypal troll?

I had someone in the beginning of October contact me via PM wanting me to sell a barrel I had bought last year for my sako quad and posted about. Guy has Zero posts. I imagine he could very likely be the troll. It struck me as strange, but I pm'd him back and never another word out of him after I said I wasn't going to sell it right now. Does the name walt_in_hawaii sound familiar to anyone here?