• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just got my POF 308 in....Magazine issue?!?

nortac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2009
Texas
Just received my 20" POF NP3 308 today. The gun looks absolutely great and I cannot wait to shoot it.....but that may take a while....

The sad thing is the magazine. The magazine is a C-Product magazine and it simply will not fit the magazine weld. It will not even go partially in as it's too big. What kind of crap is that??? Spend that kind of money on a gun that comes with a magazine that doesn't fit?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Re: Just got my POF 308 in....Magazine issue?!?

I don't have one, working on that now though. I have heard that pmags work great with them, definitely does not make sense that the mag that came with yours does not even come close to fitting. I would think it has to be the wrong mag... Hope so anyways, either way I know it must suck, good luck man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you tried a Magpul 7.62 mag? </div></div>

Just got the gun an hour ago. I have some p-mags on order but this is my first AR 308 so I have zero other mags for it at this time. What a pisser as I planned on shooting it this weekend.

The more I think about it the more ticked I'm getting....

***** Correction - I have some Magpul mags on order and not P-mags - *****

Pmags work great in mine. That doesn't explain why you received an out of spec.
mag with your new gun though.

My P308 came with 1 pmag and it has been flawless. I have put around 200 rounds down the barrel. I really liked the way the worked so much I just picked up 4 more from PK Firearms. If your looking for a scope mount I recommend the Addmount as it is a solid piece of gear. hope this helps.

Where/who did you buy this rifle from? It almost sounds like someone swapped out the good POF magazine for a cheap one on you.

Thats what I'm thinking Redmanss.

All the POF's I get from the factory come with PMAGS.

I'm curious nortac, did you order direct from factory or a dealer?

I get worried sometimes when I have to ship to some FFL I don't know. Before I got my FFL, I used a local dealer. I checked the tracking# on a rifle I had shipped to him, UPS said it was in. He told me it was not in just before I checked tracking. So I decided to drive to his shop, just as I thought he and his cronies had the rifle out playing with it. And going thru the case messing with the swag my friend thru in there. Its getting really hard to trust people.

S/F
Frankie

Since this gun is so hard to get right now I found one at a dealer in SC. I emailed the owner when I found out the magazine did not fit. He sent me the following reply:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eric call Chris at
623 561 9572

On Mar 25, 2011, at 5:56 PM, Eric Catron wrote:

> Hello, just wanted to say I got the POF 308 today and the gun looks great!
>
> I do have a problem though and it is with the magazine. It does not fit the gun. Apparently the magazine is too big for the magazine weld as it simply will not slide (even forced) in.</div></div>

I suppose that is how he got the gun in. I don't know. Based on the email he is not taking any responsibility for it. I have emailed POF USA but no response yet.

The magazine was still sealed in heavy plastic. I have used C-Products magazines before in other guns and never had an issue but this one is obviously too large as you can see in the picture below. The goldish marks are as far as it would go in to the magazine weld and that was somewhat forced.

IMG_0547.jpg

You can use a mallet to re-shape the cproducts mag, read up reviews on midwayusa a couple guys tell how to do it. Magwell ever so slightly small, mag a little big, etc. Life goes on.

Actually POF's mag wells are on the larger side of LR308 patterned rifles. C-Products are hit and miss.....

POF "usually" ships with C-Products 5 rd mags that run fine, or with a P-Mag.

I say "usually" because they will ship with C-Product 20rd mags if they are in between shipments of P-mags.

The magazine is not a part that POF manufactures, so they do what they can to get rifles out. Beats waiting to ship on a third party that may be beyond their control.....

Get a Pmag if you can, as you will probably be ordeing a mag or two anyway to supplement the one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nortac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have emailed POF USA but no response yet.
</div></div>

and call POF until you get a live person, do not wait on email response-its too easy for an email for a single mag to "slip through the cracks" as they are not a giant company with multiple people taking care of emails....

Man if thats your rifle in the pic you need to quitchabitchin because your a lucky man, that thing is sexy. Just order some freakin pmags and shoot the shit out of it.

I guess all in all I can deal with it. Just pisses me off. Hopefully the only issue I have is with the magazine. The gun seems good to go. I'll wait and try out the Magpuls when they get here and I am sure I will order some more next week and I will give the P-Mags a go.

At least I've calmed down a bit LOL. I will call POF Monday

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USW.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man if thats your rifle in the pic you need to quitchabitchin because your a lucky man, that thing is sexy. Just order some freakin pmags and shoot the shit out of it. </div></div>

LOL understood!

C-products mags are REALLY inconsistant and suffer from being out-of-spec sometimes. I quit using ALL mags except the 20LR .308 Magpul PMAGs in my 20" P-308 (and the limited capacity PMAGs offered by Ty at MidwestPX)! At $18-19/mag, plus 100% reliability/functionality...you will never go wrong with the PMAGs. I have sold all of my other mags except for 1 10-rnd DPMS mag I have for sale currently. I never got the DPMS or C-Products mags to run 100% like the PMAGs will (and I never had the stomach or the wallet to try $100+ KAC mags).

I have a C-Products magazine and it doesn't fit in my magazine well properly, either. I won't buy C-Products crap in the future, however, I have all DPMS mags and I've not had a single issue with any of them.

I run the 5rd C-Products in matches in my POF 6.5CM, they work fine.
20rd C-Products are CRAP!!

I've got a NIW stainless 25rd POF-USA mag if anyone want to barter for it....

I shoot all P Mags in mine and logged rounds 176-203 in it today with no FTF or FTE yet. I do think they need to be offered with PSR's and a precision trigger but I can't say anything about the accuracy and function of the gun. I don't see ever selling it.

Hey guys, I'm picking up my P308 20" tomorrow. What kind of accuracy are you getting with good ammo.

Thanks.

Check your magazine before you leave! Unless you had it shipped to your FFL
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kahekili</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Um what would it take to get that 25 rd mag from you? </div></div>

?? It's not the POF 25 magazine it is a 20rd C-Product mag that doesn't fit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nortac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check your magazine before you leave! Unless you had it shipped to your FFL
smile.gif
</div></div>

Ummmm, POF-USA only sells rifles to FFLs....its a little "law" thing.

If your POF isn't shooting moa or better with quality ammo and a quality driver there's something that needs to be fixed.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
nortac said:
Check your magazine before you leave! Unless you had it shipped to your FFL
smile.gif
</div></div>

Ummmm, POF-USA only sells rifles to FFLs....its a little "law" thing.

I'm not sure what you mean. Of course POF USA only sells to FFL's not sure where that got confused but maybe clarification in what I said is in order. If he bought it from a local dealer he could check the magazine before he left with the gun. If he bought it elsewhere from another dealer or POF USA and had it shipped to an FFL checking it would not do him much good at the time he picked it up. Pretty much all I was saying.

anyone near you were you could buy a mag to shoot before your ordered mags get there? I would call C products and have them ship you a replacement also.

Pof...ha

Man they make such stupid mistakes. Shipped my buddies gun back from a repair (brand new) it would not chamber a single round or any round at all. They did not machine the ramps down far enough. He gets the brand new rifle back and they shipped it in two halves without any padding between the two. The parts rubbed on each other from AZ to CA and the rough UPS handling. Needless to say both parts were scratched to hell on a brand new gun. They spend more money fixing stupid mistakes.

Both rifles he got came with dpms mags.

How does a bad C products magazine (sealed in plastic) reflect poorly on POF in any way?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pof...ha

Man they make such stupid mistakes. Shipped my buddies gun back from a repair (brand new) it would not chamber a single round or any round at all. They did not machine the ramps down far enough. He gets the brand new rifle back and they shipped it in two halves without any padding between the two. The parts rubbed on each other from AZ to CA and the rough UPS handling. Needless to say both parts were scratched to hell on a brand new gun. They spend more money fixing stupid mistakes.

Both rifles he got came with dpms mags. </div></div>

#1 POF doesn't sell to CA ffls so where did your "buddy" get his and who put it together?
#2 what did your buddy ship in, packaging wise? POF ships most rifles sent in back in the same packaging, anad yes while I was there I saw rifle sent in for repair in two pieces in a cardboard box. Or did he trust the same FFL that brought it in to CA to pack and ship it?
#3-I have never seen a POF rifle go out with DPMS mags.
#4 all of your drivel is irrelevant to the OP getting an out of spec C-Products magazine.

I can assure you that your repeated anectdotal hearsay bashing a vendor/sponsor will cause you problems.

It showed up as promised, just as well made as it's 223 brother that's a few years older. Came in nice plastic case with a new in wrapper P-Mag that drops and functions just fine.

Didn't get to shoot it except to function check off back deck. I'll post in a day or two on accuracy and chrono.

It's little brother will do .75 or better day in and day out if I do my part so I've got high excpectations.

Sorry to hear you can't shoot this weekend! Mine also came with the c-products mag but I have not had any issues with it. Hang in there, it's worth it. POF will take care of you. FYI I have had better luck with email than phone calls when trying to reach them.

Just wanted to update. Darrel from POF emailed me and explained the issue with the C-Product magazines. He is sending me a new Pmag.

Everything good to go and very satisfied with POF!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pof...ha

Both rifles he got came with dpms mags. </div></div>

#1 POF doesn't sell to CA ffls so where did your "buddy" get his and who put it together?
#2 what did your buddy ship in, packaging wise? POF ships most rifles sent in back in the same packaging, anad yes while I was there I saw rifle sent in for repair in two pieces in a cardboard box. Or did he trust the same FFL that brought it in to CA to pack and ship it?
#3-I have never seen a POF rifle go out with DPMS mags.
#4 all of your drivel is irrelevant to the OP getting an out of spec C-Products magazine.

I can assure you that your repeated anectdotal<sic> hearsay bashing a vendor/sponsor will cause you problems. </div></div>

Nothing I posted was hearsay or anecdotal. Please learn to spell next time you attempt to flame someone from the basement of your mothers house typing anonymously from your big bad keyboard.

<span style="font-weight: bold">What I posted was the truth </span>and you have no knowledge of it. Keep your opinion to yourself. What I posted does apply here as the rifle shipped should be shot with the mag shipped. Just stupid not to do that. I posted the facts and you posted a BS opinion with NO knowledge of the facts. I'm not going to bother replying to any of your "DRIVEL". The shipping crap happened the way I posted it exactly to the letter. Not one single mistake in anything I said. Doubt me? Lets meet at my buddies shop and you can look at the rifle and talk to him. Or call Chris and talk to him. PM me for my buddies name and city. It just happened 1.5 weeks ago. Then you can come back here and make a public apology. Bet you wont! Bet you come back and bitch some more about things you know nothing of.

POF makes stupid mistakes that should be caught in final QC and shipping and they seem to never learn from them.

By the way my rifle came back scratched all to hell as well from POF. When they worked on it they scratched the upper receiver in three places. I sent it back and they had to replace the upper. Like I said they never seem to learn.

They have nice rifles but the stupid mistakes just do not make any sense at all.

seems like an odd quirk, oh well bummer i guess c-product wont' work. i shoot nothing but PMAGS in my LRT as the DPMS ones came in late, and i never saw the logic in a 19 round magazine.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">anectdotal</span> anecdotal
<span style="text-decoration: line-through">anad</span> and
...any others?

Sorry for the poor spelling professor.

-Referencing what happened to "a buddy" is hearsay.
-Inferring empirical evidence from a tiny data sample that is in fact alleged is anecdotal.

-Popping in with anecdotal hearsay repeatedly with regards to a vendor wherever you see their name is bashing.

-you still haven't disclosed how the alleged rifle was packaged when shipped in.
-The line about ramps being not machined down far enough precluding the chambering of a round is highly suspect. Every upper/rifle is test fired before the handgurads are even installed, let alone finished as a rifle.
-You still have not clarified who put the rifle together in CA, as POF does not sell directly to CA FFL's, which makes your story all the more anecdotal and suspect.
-again, all of your drivel is irrelevant to the OP getting an out of spec C-Products magazine
-I could give a rat's ass about your buddy's shop, name or city.
-Speaking of your rifle, I thought that was a LMT with a f'd up gas system and a receiver that had the holes come from them grossly oversized.
-You will get no public apology from me for not buying your line and to expect me to go to your buddy's shop in another state to verify your line of BS is so "keyboard commando" its funny.

-Calling you on your crap is not flaming anyone, my house has no basement, and my mother's currently on her last legs 2000 miles away, I'd suggest you leave any further reference to her off of your tongue.

Nortac, have you had a chance to try a different magazine yet?

When I lived in CA I purchased my POFs from Lanworldinc.com. Consequently, Chris from POF sent me to Lanworldinc.com. My POF 308 16.5" had stove pipe problems and I had to send it back. I did not have the original POF packing, so I packed the crap out of it along with 7 DPMS 10 rnd mags. It was returned to me in a POF 308 upper box/packing along with my mags that I sent in. In m case they went the extra mile to make sure it was packed correctly.

Jamie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Lots of dealers sell POF rifles to California.

Anyone have any experience with a 10 round mag that'll work well in a POF 308? Unfortunately the laws where I live dont allow larger capacity magazines. Any advice/ direction would be greatly appreciated.
Mahalo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nortac, have you had a chance to try a different magazine yet? </div></div>

Just the PMags and they are good to go. I got some in the other day and have more ordered plus the one POF is sending me to replace the "out of spec" CProduct mag.

Hoping to get this puppy shooting this weekend!
smile.gif

yeah - i have 3 cproducts mags i got from POF 2 20rnd and 1 10rnd - they all function perfectly. I also have 2 20rnd pmags which also run great. I have some old cproducts mags where i believe i may have bent the feed lips down a little from shoving them up too hard (too much like the movies
smile.gif
) so i took a needle nose and bent them up a little. Haven't tried them since the other ones work well.

Those cproducts guys are great and would send you out a new one too if you ever buy them from them too.

Pretty sure you can have hicap RIFLE magazines in hawaii. Pistol mags over 10 rounds are the prohibited ones. Unless something has changed since I was there last.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Lots of dealers sell POF rifles to California. </div></div>

I know a good amount of dealers sell them, but they bring them in indirectly or through the distributor POF hired after I left doing sales there last year.

Alas.....tis true. 10 rounds max. Gonna give the cmags a try. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nortac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wanted to update. Darrel from POF emailed me and explained the issue with the C-Product magazines. He is sending me a new Pmag.

Everything good to go and very satisfied with POF!</div></div>

And just what did he say was the issue?

Tis NOT true. I am and was happily mistaken. The ten round magazine law does not apply to rifles in Hawaii. Mahalo Frankie for the heads up.

Well I got my PMag from POF today. The most awesome news is they sent me not just one but two PMags. I consider that pretty dang good service. It's too bad about the problem with the inconsistency using the C-Product mags but I'm glad it is resolved and I am back in business!

Whoohoo!