• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Just one of Many Coyote Stands

jtac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
Natchitoches, La
url]

Re: Just one of Many Coyote Stands

the good ole js pred caller.lol. i have the same one. right now it has called in 37 coyotes. what sounds to you have the most luck with.

only one problem I see is there is just to much black in that pic. You need to get some color on the stick and pack.

xdeano

Jeffs, I usually use the cottontails, flicker and housecat, Been in a slump lately, I usually hand call but went to the e-call to cut out my error. I like the versatility with the js I crow hunt, and all with it. what about you favorite sounds?

Adjuster, It's a Mil-spec Assault Pack, rather small but good to carry a call and extra mag, knife etc in. It was cheap but serves what I need it to.

Xdeano, you are right alot of black there. The way I took the photo was something crazy. It was actually a concrete pile and I was somewhat laying on that concrete with a 150 yard or so overview down a hill. From down the hill all that was visible was my barrel and top of my head. There was a big concrete piece behind me covering my back. But I do agree with you too much black

same call i got, works great on crows, for yotes i've had great success with the (i think it's called) raccoon / fox fight or it may be called coyote / fox fight.

rodent also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">same call i got, works great on crows, for yotes i've had great success with the (i think it's called) raccoon / fox fight or it may be called coyote / fox fight.

rodent also. </div></div>

I think I know the one you mean is it grey fox/coyote I've got a card that has that or something like it. What times do ya'll usually go yote hunting, early mid-day, evening? It's illegal to hunt at night with artificial light in my state so that's my limit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jeffs, I usually use the cottontails, flicker and housecat, Been in a slump lately, I usually hand call but went to the e-call to cut out my error. I like the versatility with the js I crow hunt, and all with it. what about you favorite sounds?

Adjuster, It's a Mil-spec Assault Pack, rather small but good to carry a call and extra mag, knife etc in. It was cheap but serves what I need it to.

Xdeano, you are right alot of black there. The way I took the photo was something crazy. It was actually a concrete pile and I was somewhat laying on that concrete with a 150 yard or so overview down a hill. From down the hill all that was visible was my barrel and top of my head. There was a big concrete piece behind me covering my back. But I do agree with you too much black </div></div>

the flicker is by far my most productive sound i have used. gotten a few with the rabbit sounds but around here, there are other peple who call and the coyotes get shy of all the rabbit sounds. most people dont think of using a bird call which works to my advantage. i never tried the cat sounds but i can see it working with all them around...
my fav/ time to go is in the evening(about 2:30 or 3 and hunt till dark) but right now we have 8 inches of snow and in the day time is has been -5 out, so i have found they are moving more around 10am-2pm when its warmer out. went out yesterday morning and saw two but never got a shot.
jeff S.

Jeff S

Nice stand, looks like the side of an old bridge.

Btw, is that a DPMS; looks kinda like a Sportical w/o the forward assist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stand, looks like the side of an old bridge.

Btw, is that a DPMS; looks kinda like a Sportical w/o the forward assist. </div></div>

It's the DPMS Lr-308B with the 18" bull barrel, the 16" just didn't fit what I needed, but this one doesn't have the forward assist, They say it make it lighter but how much no one really knows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">same call i got, works great on crows, for yotes i've had great success with the (i think it's called) raccoon / fox fight or it may be called coyote / fox fight.

rodent also. </div></div>

I think I know the one you mean is it grey fox/coyote I've got a card that has that or something like it. What times do ya'll usually go yote hunting, early mid-day, evening? It's illegal to hunt at night with artificial light in my state so that's my limit</div></div>
all times of the day, most successfull an 1.5 hour after light and 1.5 before dark.