• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Just one of Many Coyote Stands

jtac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
Natchitoches, La
url]

Re: Just one of Many Coyote Stands

the good ole js pred caller.lol. i have the same one. right now it has called in 37 coyotes. what sounds to you have the most luck with.

only one problem I see is there is just to much black in that pic. You need to get some color on the stick and pack.

xdeano

Jeffs, I usually use the cottontails, flicker and housecat, Been in a slump lately, I usually hand call but went to the e-call to cut out my error. I like the versatility with the js I crow hunt, and all with it. what about you favorite sounds?

Adjuster, It's a Mil-spec Assault Pack, rather small but good to carry a call and extra mag, knife etc in. It was cheap but serves what I need it to.

Xdeano, you are right alot of black there. The way I took the photo was something crazy. It was actually a concrete pile and I was somewhat laying on that concrete with a 150 yard or so overview down a hill. From down the hill all that was visible was my barrel and top of my head. There was a big concrete piece behind me covering my back. But I do agree with you too much black

same call i got, works great on crows, for yotes i've had great success with the (i think it's called) raccoon / fox fight or it may be called coyote / fox fight.

rodent also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">same call i got, works great on crows, for yotes i've had great success with the (i think it's called) raccoon / fox fight or it may be called coyote / fox fight.

rodent also. </div></div>

I think I know the one you mean is it grey fox/coyote I've got a card that has that or something like it. What times do ya'll usually go yote hunting, early mid-day, evening? It's illegal to hunt at night with artificial light in my state so that's my limit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jeffs, I usually use the cottontails, flicker and housecat, Been in a slump lately, I usually hand call but went to the e-call to cut out my error. I like the versatility with the js I crow hunt, and all with it. what about you favorite sounds?

Adjuster, It's a Mil-spec Assault Pack, rather small but good to carry a call and extra mag, knife etc in. It was cheap but serves what I need it to.

Xdeano, you are right alot of black there. The way I took the photo was something crazy. It was actually a concrete pile and I was somewhat laying on that concrete with a 150 yard or so overview down a hill. From down the hill all that was visible was my barrel and top of my head. There was a big concrete piece behind me covering my back. But I do agree with you too much black </div></div>

the flicker is by far my most productive sound i have used. gotten a few with the rabbit sounds but around here, there are other peple who call and the coyotes get shy of all the rabbit sounds. most people dont think of using a bird call which works to my advantage. i never tried the cat sounds but i can see it working with all them around...
my fav/ time to go is in the evening(about 2:30 or 3 and hunt till dark) but right now we have 8 inches of snow and in the day time is has been -5 out, so i have found they are moving more around 10am-2pm when its warmer out. went out yesterday morning and saw two but never got a shot.
jeff S.

Jeff S

Nice stand, looks like the side of an old bridge.

Btw, is that a DPMS; looks kinda like a Sportical w/o the forward assist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stand, looks like the side of an old bridge.

Btw, is that a DPMS; looks kinda like a Sportical w/o the forward assist. </div></div>

It's the DPMS Lr-308B with the 18" bull barrel, the 16" just didn't fit what I needed, but this one doesn't have the forward assist, They say it make it lighter but how much no one really knows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">same call i got, works great on crows, for yotes i've had great success with the (i think it's called) raccoon / fox fight or it may be called coyote / fox fight.

rodent also. </div></div>

I think I know the one you mean is it grey fox/coyote I've got a card that has that or something like it. What times do ya'll usually go yote hunting, early mid-day, evening? It's illegal to hunt at night with artificial light in my state so that's my limit</div></div>
all times of the day, most successfull an 1.5 hour after light and 1.5 before dark.