• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just ordered a McM A5

Truth223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2011
Central,Il
I was browsing thirdgenshootingsupply and sure enough they finally had the McMillan A5 Gap camo stock that ive been waiting for
smile.gif
Should work well in my AAC-SD. For the A5 owners, how do you like it?

Re: Just ordered a McM A5

Im waiting on my Model 70 in 7mm mag to come back from Phoenix Custom Rifles. It will have a McMillan A5. Im sure youll like it.

For me I love the the look and feel of the 5's. Grab one and don't look back, if you hate it, you will have no trouble re-selling it.

Good luck

I have one and really like it. It's a little on the heavy side with the sniper fill but very stable. I thought about giving one of the new chassis system on the market a try but can't justify the need or cost. As for 3rdgss, I have been in the shop many times, very nice and helpful people with great prices.

I like mine, I've had a Woodland camo with no cheek riser in my 700P for a while. I really like the look/feel/weld that Eagle or Triad stock packs give, so I chose to save $200 and not order a riser. Plan on getting an A4 in the same combo for an M40A3 build.

Will the A5 just drop in to my aac-sd action? Or will I need to have it sent off and installed?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truth223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the A5 just drop in to my aac-sd action? Or will I need to have it sent off and installed? </div></div>

If you ordered it to fit your gun it will drop in. To get maximum accuracy out of it you should have your gun bedded into the stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stmcelroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truth223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the A5 just drop in to my aac-sd action? Or will I need to have it sent off and installed? </div></div>

If you ordered it to fit your gun it will drop in. To get maximum accuracy out of it you should have your gun bedded into the stock. </div></div>

This is what I ordered

http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/browse.cfm/4,12667.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truth223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stmcelroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truth223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the A5 just drop in to my aac-sd action? Or will I need to have it sent off and installed? </div></div>

If you ordered it to fit your gun it will drop in. To get maximum accuracy out of it you should have your gun bedded into the stock. </div></div>

This is what I ordered

http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/browse.cfm/4,12667.html </div></div>

It will bolt right in. But you will definitely will want to plan on getting it bedded to your action sooner or later.