• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Just ordered my first dedicated NV scope.

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
I'm pretty excited about it. I had a Gen 2+ SHP GT-14 monocular. It was a good compromise but I felt I needed something dedicated. So I sold the GT and ordered the Litton M845 Gen 2HP 1.5x.

I did a good bit of research and it has a good reputation. The performance is similar to my GT-14 but uses AA batteries, which I like. Also, it's my understanding that this unit was once an issued item, so it should be tough.

It is something of a compromise as well. I don't do a lot of moving around in the dark but if I need to, it can serve in that capacity. Also, it has a dot reticle but all of my night shooting is within 150 yards and 90% within 75 yards using subsonic stuff.

I'll post a report when I run it through it's paces.

Re: Just ordered my first dedicated NV scope.

What are you mounting it on and what you using for illumination?

I've got a .300 BLK upper that'll it'll see some time on, as well as my .22.

I've got an IR torch but I don't think I'll need it but only maybe under canopy. My Gen 2+ SHP monocular was a great performer.

It should be a blast with the .300 BLK. I'm eager to see your review and pics, if possible. I'm trying to decide if I want a dedicated scope now, or buy a helmet mounted NV and then the scope later.