• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Just picked up my M&P9

SuperSniperConner

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
California, US
I just picked up my M&P9 today from the gunstore, and I love everything about it on first appearance. Has a great feel to it, I love the changeable backstraps, and I like the ambi features considering I'm a left handed shooter. My only complaint about it is the slide release is ridiculously stiff, like takes pushing down on it with two fingers stiff unless you rack it back slightly. Anyone else have this problem? I'm looking forward to taking it out shooting this weekend.

Re: Just picked up my M&P9

the release on one of mine is really stiff as well when messing with it dry. In matches I use the slingshot technique so I can't say I have noticed it live fire. On these guns you can also get the slide to drop just by sharply slamming the new mag home with a slight forward angle on the bottom of the mag. Once you get used to it, you can get it to drop pretty consistently.

Awesome, thanks man! I've read and heard so many good things about it and it didn't disappoint and im sure it wont when I start flinging lead down range.

I started shooting an M&P9 last year and it's been my most shot and carried pistol since. They really are great. I recommend the Apex DCAEK kit and RAM when you get the chance, and Ameriglo makes some really nice sights called the Pro-Glo line. For now just enjoy the pistol and shoot the crap out of if.

Mine was horribly stiff when it was new but after a few mags it lightened up to where it needs to be. Shoot 50 then report back.

As Mentioned above, the APEX kit is a must have for the M&P. After the install its a completely different pistol, the one it should be from the factory.

apex kit and ram are awesome i use the slingshot method as well. release is stiff but should wear in

Just got my Apex kit but have not installed it.
Put TruGlo TFO sights on it and it rides in a G-Code FDE paddle. Got a few 14 round mags too (mine is 4 ACP).
Slide stop is really positive on an empty mag with every M&P I've tried. You can slingshot them. I do in competetion. Also, the stiffness goes away with rounds in the mag.
Also have a M&P9 Pro. Both guns are really shooters!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSniperConner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up my M&P9 today from the gunstore, and I love everything about it on first appearance. Has a great feel to it, I love the changeable backstraps, and I like the ambi features considering I'm a left handed shooter. My only complaint about it is the slide release is ridiculously stiff, like takes pushing down on it with two fingers stiff unless you rack it back slightly. Anyone else have this problem? I'm looking forward to taking it out shooting this weekend. </div></div>Those are really nice pistols. I don't own one, I have others, but a friend at work does and loves his. Good luck with it.
cool.gif

the one thing i have done for my m&p40 is, i have worked on finger strength(weird, i know). it has become far easier to hit that slide release while i slide the new mag in. i have also noticed that the slide will automatically release if you slide the new mag in with a little bit of force

Great pistols. I have the competition trigger kit in mine. (Apex) along with striker block and it breaks at 2.7lbs. I Have had mine for quite some time and the slide release will loosen up a bit. It's the most fun you can have with your pants on. lol

I love mine as well. Does anyone have any experience putting a suppressor on one? I have a threaded barrel but haven't find sights tall enough to see (I assume-can hasn't come in yet). Any thoughts?

I have a buddy who's an armorer and goes around the rumor mill who's told me that some M&P's are having trigger issues after about 1-2k rounds through it. The issue being that slight sideways pressure on the trigger has discharged the pistol. anyone else hear about this?

M&P will go down in flames inside a few yrs.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M&P will go down in flames inside a few yrs.
smile.gif
</div></div>

And you base that off of what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M&P will go down in flames inside a few yrs.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Nope... They are every bit as solid as a Glock. Really, the only difference between the M&P and the Glock is that the M&P has better ergonomics.

trigger cant discharge firearm with slight sideways pressure as the striker isnt cocked until you depress the trigger

Have more than 2k through my MP40 and it's just fine. Even tried the side pressure thing w no issues.

D

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HitEmHard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have more than 2k through my MP40 and it's just fine. Even tried the side pressure thing w no issues.

D </div></div>

well, i'm sold on it, guess i'll be making a purchase here shortly!

No problems with my m&p 9 either. I actually shoot it better than my glocks. Actually like shooting it better than my glocks.

I dont have an M&P yet, but a friend has a couple with about 10k rounds through each. He is a 3 gunner and pistola shooter, he hasnt had any issues with his 2 yet.

THe M&P is a great gun! I had a M&P 40 but I sold that and hope to get a M&P 9 Pro series soon. I love the long barrels on those and the feel of a M&P works great with my hand.