• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just put the final touches on my first 3 Gun AR15!

mrgreentie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2010
Jacksonville,FL
www.gunzoo.com
Check it out! So amped! Now time to find a decent load and load up a few thousand rounds! I'll use this as a 2 Gun and 3 Gun rifle. I really like the flat blade trigger.

Here is a link. Thoughts? It's pretty light. The Rogue Hunter started light anyway so it was pretty easy to keep the weight down.

http://gunzoo.com/vault/Mac/311

Re: Just put the final touches on my first AR!

Looks good. I have that same Larue/PST combo on my 3gun rifle. I like it alot. I shoot a standard 55gr FMJ from Hornady since they are cheap and I load them in my 650.

I'm trying a few rounds/weights this weekend. Im worried 55gr will be too light in this rifle and may get crazy out past 300-yards. My rifle has a 1 in 7 twist. Is this a valid concern? Hopefully I'll find out this weekend!

What does it weigh? I just built an 18" AR and was wanting to compare it's weight to your build. Btw, nice build.

SD-3G's are awesome triggers. You will not believe how fast they are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Proud Noob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does it weigh? I just built an 18" AR and was wanting to compare it's weight to your build. Btw, nice build. </div></div>

Not sure of the current weight. I'm super interested to find out. I'll get my hands on a scale and figure it out. The good thing is the Rogue Hunter started at 6.5lbs, out of the box. I can't imagine it being more than 8.5lbs but I will confirm.

I forgot to ask what the weight is with optic.

Thanks again,

Jake

On the 55gr, yeah that is really only for less and 200yd shots. At the range I shoot 3gun the most, we only have one stage that can get out to 500, so I use 77grers then. 55 for the rest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Proud Noob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does it weigh? I just built an 18" AR and was wanting to compare it's weight to your build. Btw, nice build. </div></div>

Just weighed it. The complete package weighs 8.2lbs! The optic weighs 16 ounces and is by far the heaviest addition. I'm pleased with the finished product. I'll be shooting some handloads and factory ammo tomorrow.

8.2 is pretty damn light for a 18" gun with optics. I'll need to weigh mine again, now that it is finally complete. Thanks for info and congrats on the build.

Looks good. Thos troy rails are nice for how light they are. I am thinking of switching to the new Seekins Triangle shaped rail.
I have been using the BAR rail and it has served great. What barrel did you go with?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good. Thos troy rails are nice for how light they are. I am thinking of switching to the new Seekins Triangle shaped rail.
I have been using the BAR rail and it has served great. What barrel did you go with?</div></div>

I'm pretty sure it's a Noveske.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Proud Noob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good. Thos troy rails are nice for how light they are. I am thinking of switching to the new Seekins Triangle shaped rail.
I have been using the BAR rail and it has served great. What barrel did you go with?</div></div>

I'm pretty sure it's a Noveske. </div></div>

Correct. Noveske Rogue Huner. This one has the Noveske 18" stainless steel barrel with a 1 in 7 twist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrgreentie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Proud Noob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does it weigh? I just built an 18" AR and was wanting to compare it's weight to your build. Btw, nice build. </div></div>

Just weighed it. The complete package weighs 8.2lbs! The optic weighs 16 ounces and is by far the heaviest addition. I'm pleased with the finished product. I'll be shooting some handloads and factory ammo tomorrow. </div></div>

Finally weighed mine and it came in at 10 lbs even with optic... I don't know where all my extra weight is coming from over yours... 2 lbs is a big difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrgreentie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Proud Noob,

What are all the components of your rifle?</div></div>

I weighed it just like it is in the pic, minus the sling. it had the empty mag in when i weighed. Probably should have taken that out, looking back...

Parts List

-Spike's upper receiver

-WOA 18" barrel

-Spike's bolt carrier

-Samson evo 12.37" rail

-Gun fighter Mod 4 charging handle

-AAC blackout muzzle brake

-Vltor low profile gas block

-Spike's lower receiver with UBR and MIAD grip

-Geissele SSA-E trigger

-Burris XTR 1-4x with P.E.P.R. mount

-Magpul AFG