• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just wanted to let everyone know Porter’s Precision Products is awesome to deal with

want2learn

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2013
Hope this is the right place to post this.

I recently purchased their nicely crafted expander die system and one of the collets i'd ordered was out of stock....Mr. Porter shipped out all the other parts to me immediately so there would be no delay.......along with the package came a hand written note informing me that he would rush out the last collet when he received them.....to his word very shortly thereafter i received the collet at no additional fee.

It's really wonderful to deal with a person/company with so much integrity and care for the customer.

Reactions: TommyD11730
I have one also. He’s always been great dealing with and builds a nice mandrel die 👍

I've had one of Porter's neck expander dies for a couple of years.They worklike a champ! I like the the fact that several different diameter pin gauges work with one collet.. versatility is a huge plus.

Great point....i should pick up a few more mandrel options for the future

In case others are interested, the common collet size ranges are:
4-5mm - .157” to .197”
5-6mm - .197" to .236"
6-7mm - .236" to .276"
7-8mm - .276" to .315"
8-9mm - .315" to .354"

The mandrels are available in .0005" increments, and can be had in either "PLUS" (+.0002"/-0) or "MINUS" (-.0002"/+0) tolerance.

As of now i have mandrels and the associated requisite collets for calibers 6.5, .222 and .308, all at minus 0.0001 .

I do think it helps