• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K&M Precision Rifle Competition **RESULTS/PICS/VIDEOS**

S.Kay

KM PRT
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2003
Finger, TN
2013KMPRCLOGO_zpsdffd4fc0.png

2013 K&M Precision Rifle Competition
It is that time again and we are starting to prepare for the big one! We plan to outdo last year in every way and offer the best Precision Rifle Competition in the country. K&M Precision Rifle Training is proud to host the annual “K&M Precision Rifle Competition”. With input from the top competitors around the country, combined with first class training facilities this event is one of the nation’s premier long range precision matches of the year. In association with the Precision Rifle Series it draws those who wish to compete with the finest people and some of the best shooters in the nation.

The match is high tempo with minimal “down time” between stages. The course of fire tests and trains disciplines from across law enforcement, military and practical marksman spectrums. Competitors can expect engagements from 50-1000yds at an assortment of steel, reactive, paper and automated moving targets. Target size will vary in difficulty based on the shooters position, distance and time allotted. Most stages will include “stressors”, either time and/or movement. All scoring will be transparent, balanced and fall within the Precision Rifle Series guidelines in order to reward the most consistent shooters. The competition requires 180 rounds to complete the course of fire and is caliber restricted to 300 WinMag and below. The course of fire will be made public at the start of the competition.

KMPRECISIONRIFLETRAINING.COM

Timeline
Friday, 3 May 2013 – Competition Train-up – Mandatory Registration and Zero Range Open
7:00 am Train-up begins
3:00 pm Train-up complete
3:00pm-until dark – All competitors must sign-in at the facility – 100yd zero range open

Saturday, 4 May 2013 – Match Day 1
7:00am Welcome and safety briefing
7:30am Match Starts
6:00pm Day 1 complete

Sunday, 5 May 2013 – Match Day 2
7:30am Day 2 starts
3:00pm Match Ends
3:30pm Awards/Prize table

Train-Up
A one day, eight hour K&M Competition Train-Up will be offered to competitors the day prior to the match. The course will review basic fundamentals and rapidly transition to range exercises and drills commonly seen in today’s precision rifle competitions. The K&M staff will provide professional mentorship and hands on instruction to improve your baseline performance for the competition. The train-up will utilize the entire K&M Training Facility but will not practice any event in a manner that will provide them an advantage during the competition. Additionally participants can expect to gather data from 100-1000yds, engage moving targets, and take advantage of multitude range props and targets to further progress in their training. Train-up and Match fee cost is $525 and slots will limited to maintain a 1 to 5 instructor to student ratio.

Registration
Registration will be done on a transparent first come first serve basis through our website; the match will be limited to 80 competitors. To secure a slot shooters must register online, no other form of registration or payment will be accepted. Once registration is complete you will receive a confirmation email and a link to a welcome/information packet shortly thereafter. The online cart will be not be activated or accept payments until 1 February 2013 @ 10AM CST. Match payments are not refundable. Once the match is full the site will no longer take registrations. If you want to be put on the waitlist, send an email to [email protected]. Wait listed personnel will be contacted as slots open.

Cost
$275 per Competitor (includes match shirt, lunch on both days and refreshments all weekend)

Hotels
Below are a few good hotels in Crestview FL – they are 30-45 minutes away from the range (approx 25-30 miles). There is plenty of fast food, restaurants and shopping near the hotels. Please stock up in town, there are not many services near the facility.

Country Inn & Suites
235 Rasberry Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 306-2020

Econo Lodge
3101 South Ferdon Boulevard, Crestview, FL
(850) 682-6255

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites125 Cracker Barrel Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 398-8100

Hampton Inn
3709 South Ferdon Boulevard, Crestview, FL
(850) 689-2378

Quality Inn of Crestview
151 Cracker Barrel Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 683-1778

Airports
Northwest Florida Regional Airport (Ft Walton Beach) – 45 miles
Pensacola International Airport (Pensacola) – 60 miles

Sponsors
Updated Sponosr list as of 9 March. If interested in becoming a sponsor please contact us.
Picture1-4_zps16f397fe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 2013 K&M Precision Rifle Competition (PRS) 3-5 MAY

JC Steel Targets will throw a bunch of Premium AR500 targets on the table for sure!!! Let us know what we need to do.

Thanks

Jake

Shooters,

I know we are registering a few months (3) out , but don't let it sneak by you. Registration is in 10 days! We did the Grind the same way to try and avoid a 5 second sell out. It helped a little, but a lot of guys forgot about it, and missed out.

With combining registration and payment at the same time it should take some pressure off as well. In order to register you must pay for your slot (CC/Debit Card). Bottom line is we want everyone to get in that wants in and in the fairest possible manner. Ideally over a few weeks timeline.

Remember, I will add slots (70) on the registration page at 10 CST on the 1st and you will be able to see the “inventory” (number of slots left). Right now it states “sold out” because there are no slots entered. At the registration time that will change.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Shannon

Registration is open tomorrow at 10am CST.

Be sure to hit refresh if you are waiting on the page at that time. The “Add to cart” button will display with remaining slots left.

If you have issues let me know and I will get right with you.

Shannon

In there. I had to refresh the pages a few times, but it all went through!

Looking forward to shooting with you guys in May.

Sounds like there were a few minor issues with server overload but all that attempted to register did after refreshing their browsers. That’s good. Congrats to all that got in, it is going to be blast!

Currently we have 11 slots left after the first hour. There is possibility to add a few more slots after I reach out to our sponsors and some of the military folks to finalize those numbers. Please remind those interested that we are filling quickly.

We still want to leave registration open for at least a few weeks (longer if possible) but demand and max numbers of shooters will dictate that possibility.

Thanks for the support!

Shannon

R.Oed this match last year can't wait to shoot it great match

I'm in. Can't wait.

Glen,

You need to get down here! You will love the facility! I think we put on a pretty good match too!
wink.gif
You always support/sponsor us so a last minute turn out is welcome.

Yea, I would like to see Glen there as well. I want to thank him for putting a gift certificate on the table and getting me hooked on those terrible black rifles. Glen's hardware is paramount and customer service is second to none in my book.

We have been sold out on the website for a little while now. We are currently at 73 shooters with a few more slots reserved for sponsors. Sponsor emails are going out this weekend, but I have pretty good idea of the sponsors that usually request slots and accounted for those who already have. We want to cap the match at <80 shooters.

I have gone down the waitlist and either received no response or they are not ready to pull the trigger. I’m adding 5 more slots to the registration process on our website. Wait list shooters have been informed and will keep their place or can register when ready. When the slots are filled we will continue to take waitlist shooters and go down the roster as slots open.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hopefully this helps the shooters who missed the registration time.

Shannon

Shooters,

Below is the finalized shooters list. If you missed out on registration but still want to be a part of the fun come on out and help us RO. Send me a PM or email if interested. We put our ROs up in the bunk house, so you will have a place to stay.

1 Josh Pipes
2 Clint VanDeventer
3 Benjie Bates
4 Mark Rosset
5 Joe Walls
6 George Gardner
7 Jeff Badly
8 Ken Lin
9 Edward Belfour
10 Chase Walls
11 David Martin
12 Brandon Hembree
13 William Sjobeck
14 Greg Young
15 Andrew Chambless
16 Billie Finley
17 Wade Stuteville
18 Mark Reynolds
19 Jason Christian
20 Jay Carter
21 Chad Peck
22 Adam Roubin
23 Bradley Bell
24 Joe Reeves
25 Scott Pringle
26 Jim Brown
27 Grant Bryant
28 Jason Byrd
29 Tim Long
30 Adam Parnell
31 Justin Shireman
32 Richard Emmons
33 Jason Greene
34 Francis Kuehl
35 Paul McCoy
36 Kevin Elpers
37 John Keeter
38 Jonathan Berry
39 Steve Elmenhorst
40 Grant Bryant
41 Andrew Gilewicz
42 Ted Torres
43 Larry Levine
44 Matt Parry
45 Tomas Meraz
46 Jody Carter
47 John Sommers
48 Brian Butts
49 Richard Chronister
50 Ryan Castle
51 Scott Satterlee
52 Timothy Ward
53 Rick Reeves
54 Adam Roberts
55 Joey Thomson
56 Ben Burrow
57 Floyd Cook
58 Bannon Eldridge
59 Cory West
60 Scott Springer
61 Tony McCollum
62 Samuel Little
63 William Petry
64 Eddie Hobdy
65 Sean Utsch
66 Bryan Richman
67 Tom Lancaster
68 Geordie Richardson
69 Michael Busby
70 Greg Livingston
71 Chase Shroud
72 Charles Roberts
73 Rhett Walters
74 Bobby Keigans
75 Glenn Seekins
76 Melissa Gilliland
77 Josh Mann
78 Walt Sailors
79 Travis Redell
80 Jesse Redell
81 Kurt Smith
82 Jonathon Shults
83 James Christiansen
84 Ryan Brandt
85 Tate Moots

Last edited:
If you are not on the list, but were planning on shooting, there is a problem. :)

Either you screwed up or I did, so get with me.

Shooters,

The sponsors are stepping up in a big way again for the match. We have a few new sponsors to K&M that will come to shoot and are donating some really nice gear.

Just a few notes to highlight the support the vendors are showing you guys (I’m sure I’m forgetting some too, but want to highlight some new sponsors for us) –

Silencer Co put two suppressors on the table

R Bros Rifle is donated 2k in certificates and is coming out to shoot

JC Steel will host and stage with their poppers and is putting some swag on the table

A 5.5 x 22 zero stop/MLR showed up from Nightforce

USO sent a $1,250 certificate

Diablo Rifleworks is bring an custom action and pistol gear

Manners sent a bunch of Certificates and a stock

Bartlein is sending a bunch of barrels

Big Dog is going to shoot and is going to bring some nice targets for the table

Berger, Ritten, Seekins, Badger, Victor Co, APA, Mile High, Accu-shot, Triad, etc. All the guys are coming though and we just started to contact these guys.

We will wrap this up in the next few weeks and start finalizing the COF. Train hard and we are looking forward to another awesome match at K&M!

Shannon

Sweet! I can't wait. Thanks for all the hard work Shannon

I'm going to be testing a few stages out tomorrow. The COF is coming together nicely. I'm looking forward to having everyone back at K&M.

When you take one of the most beautiful facilities in the country and combine that with two great shooters that have an 80 hour a week work ethic, you get the kind of matches we have seen at K&M. Thanks for all the hard work.....

All right guys we are 3-4 weeks out and the COF is tested and complete. You guys will be in for treat and it should be our best match yet.

We are collecting the last of the sponsorship donations and getting ready to put the finishing touches on everything else.

If you’re interested in shooting the train-up contact us and we will get ya in.

Below is the updated shooters roster. Most of the roster is set up as shooters registered. Squading requests won’t make too much sense since we will be breaking up into a variety of squads and sub-squads throughout the weekend.

1 Josh Pipes
2 Clint VanDeventer
3 Benjie Bates
4 Mark Rosset
5 Joe Walls
6 George Gardner
7 Jeff Badly
8 Ken Lin
9 Edward Belfour
10 Chase Walls
11 David Martin
12 Brandon Hembree
13 William Sjobeck
14 Greg Young
15 Andrew Chambless
16 Billie Finley
17 Wade Stuteville
18 Mark Reynolds
19 Jason Christian
20 Jay Carter
21 Chad Peck
22 Adam Roubin
23 Bradley Bell
24 Joe Reeves
25 Scott Pringle
26 Jim Brown
27 Tim Long
28 Adam Parnell
29 Justin Shireman
30 Richard Emmons
31 Jason Greene
32 Francis Kuehl
33 Paul McCoy
34 Kevin Elpers
35 John Keeter
36 Jonathan Berry
37 Steve Elmenhorst
38 Grant Bryant
39 Andrew Gilewicz
40 Ted Torres
41 Larry Levine
42 Matt Parry
43 Tomas Meraz
44 Jody Carter
45 John Sommers
46 Brian Butts
47 Richard Chronister
48 Ryan Castle
49 Scott Satterlee
50 Timothy Ward
51 Rick Reeves
52 Adam Roberts
53 Joey Thomson
54 Ben Burrow
55 Floyd Cook
56 Bannon Eldridge
57 Cory West
58 Scott Springer
59 Tony McCollum
60 Samuel Little
61 William Petry
62 Eddie Hobdy
63 Sean Utsch
64 Bryan Richman
65 Tom Lancaster
66 Geordie Richardson
67 Michael Busby
68 Chase Shroud
69 Charles Roberts
70 Bobby Keigans
71 Glenn Seekins
72 Melissa Gilliland
73 Josh Mann
74 Walt Sailors
75 Travis Redell
76 Jesse Redell
77 Jonathon Shults
78 James Christiansen
79 Ryan Brandt
80 Tate Moots
81 Paul Tobias
82 Hunter Sykes
83 Casey Simpson
84 Kurt Smith

Almost time..I'm getting ready, bring your mud flaps! Looks like a lot of rain.

We had an awesome time hosting you all this weekend!

A shout out of thanks to our ROs who volunteered their time to K&M and support the match. We had many new RO’s this time around and could not have put on a match of this size without their help. So thanks again for your sacrifice and professionalism.

My hat is off to the competitors who shot over 15,000 rounds this weekend with no major safety violations. We shot 24 stages over the weekend and the match was very close, with the top shooters battling it out until the very end. The COF thoroughly tested disciplines from across law enforcement, military, and practical marksman spectrums. We had multiple mover stages, unknown distances, urban and hostage scenarios and many different stress events.

There were 341 points available and the winner scored 237 points to acquire 69% of available points. Our goal is right around 70% to make it challenging and fair for all levels of shooters.

Our sponsors again supported the match with generosity and class bringing their latest gear for the shooters to demo and bring home off the prize table. Please recognize these fine companies who are constantly showing the long range community their support by formally thanking them and using their gear.
The Precision Rifle Series is shaping up nicely and it will be fun to watch it the rest the way through! Nice shooting guys, keep it up!

Congrats to all the competitors and the top five and top military finishers!

1 George Gardner
2 John Sommers
3 Francis Kuehl
4 Richard Emmons
5 Wade Stuteville
Top MIL MAJ Kurt Smith

Congrats to our stage winners who hammered these difficult sponsored stages:

Accu-Shot Travis Redell
Silencer co Chase Walls
JC Steel Richard Emmons
Big Dog Steel Chase Shroud
Bartlein Barrels Bannon Eldridge
Copper Creek Ryan Castle
Surgeon Jesse Redell
Precision Tactical Arms Mark Rosset

There are tons of good photos coming out, but here is a sneak peek of a few and the final results. We will put a small video together in the coming weeks:

George Gardner 1 100.00%
John Sommers 2 98.95%
Francis Kuehl 3 97.26%
Richard Emmons 4 95.78%
Wade Stuteville 5 94.51%
Tim Long 6 93.67%
Chase Shroud 7 91.56%
James Christiansen 8 89.87%
Jeff Badly 9 88.40%
Mark Rosset 10 84.81%
Bannon Eldridge 10 84.81%
Joe Walls 12 84.60%
Tate Moots 13 83.12%
Travis Redell 14 81.22%
Hunter Sykes 15 81.01%
Chase Walls 16 80.80%
Jason Greene 16 80.80%
Rick Reeves 18 79.75%
David Martin 19 78.06%
Jonathon Shults 20 76.58%
Mark Reynolds 21 75.95%
Bryan Yeung 21 75.95%
Matt Parry 23 74.68%
Jonathan Berry 24 73.84%
Chad Peck 25 73.21%
Adam Roberts 25 73.21%
Ryan Castle 27 71.73%
Tom Lancaster 27 71.73%
Kurt Smith 29 71.10%
Justin Shireman 30 69.62%
Ken Lin 31 68.99%
Benjie Bates 32 68.57%
Tony McCollum 33 68.35%
Jesse Redell 34 67.30%
Jay Carter 35 67.09%
Glenn Seekins 35 67.09%
Clint VanDeventer 37 65.82%
Adam Roubin 37 65.82%
Bradley Bell 39 64.56%
Scott Satterlee 40 62.45%
Jody Carter 41 62.03%
Brandon Hembree 42 61.60%
Ryan Brandt 43 61.39%
John Keeter 44 61.18%
Greg Young 45 60.34%
Eddie Hobdy 45 60.34%
Timothy Ward 47 58.65%
Michael Busby 47 58.65%
Bobby Keigans 49 56.75%
Joe Reeves 51 55.70%
Clark Kennedy 50 55.91%
Ted Torres 52 55.06%
Logan Schimit 53 52.95%
Cory West 54 52.74%
Sean Utsch 55 51.90%
Samuel Little 56 50.63%
Steve Elmenhorst 57 50.42%
Tomas Meraz 58 50.00%
Paul Tobias 58 50.00%
Casey Simpson 60 49.58%
Jim Brown 61 48.95%
Brandon Finley 62 48.52%
Scott Springer 63 48.31%
Richard Chronister 64 47.89%
Andrew Chambless 65 39.24%
Grant Bryant 66 39.03%
William Sjobeck 67 32.91%
Paul McCoy 68 31.43%
Anthony Meeks 69 30.17%
Melissa Gilliland 70 20.68%

Great weekend! This was my first tactical match to attend. Wow! Brian and Shannon are great host and the range is fabulous. My buddies from Mississippi and I came down on Wednesday evening. We served as RO's for the match and really learned a lot from you guys. It was a privilege to watch and learn from some of the best shooters around. For all you shooters it was absolutely my pleasure to help serve you guys as an RO! I hope to be back again in the future. I might even learn how to shoot one of these events. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the weekend! "Chicken"

That was a great match. Top notch event. Big thanks to Shannon and Brian for being so organized and putting in such an effort to make a fun and challenging event that ran without a hitch. Huge thanks also to all of you guys who gave up your time to RO and help run the match. Without all of you, this doesn't happen.

Great weekend! This was my first tactical match to attend. Wow! Brian and Shannon are great host and the range is fabulous. My buddies from Mississippi and I came down on Wednesday evening. We served as RO's for the match and really learned a lot from you guys. It was a privilege to watch and learn from some of the best shooters around. For all you shooters it was absolutely my pleasure to help serve you guys as an RO! I hope to be back again in the future. I might even learn how to shoot one of these events. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the weekend! "Chicken"

Chicken!! It was great meeting you and the amigos brother!! Better yet great hanging out all weekend!! Ya'll kept a smile on my face laffin at me in the middle of the night!! LOL

A huge thanks goes out to K&M, Bryan, Shannon, and all the ROs.

The match was outstanding and could not have been run anymore efficiently. I had a blast and can't wait until the next one.

I would also like to send out another HUGE THANK YOU to all the sponsors. Your dedication to the sport and its shooters does not go unnoticed.

If you've never had the chance to come down and experience K&M, you're simply missing out. This was my second time attending, and my hats off to both Shannon, and Brian. Awesome job guys.

Aside from one of Bryan's GODZILLA gate post, jumping out in front of my truck, I had a blast.

Thank you x10000000000000000 to all the RO's. Each and everyone of you showed a high level of professionalism, all while still making a fun and enjoyable time at each stage.

The prize table was to die for, and the class room, were all was stored, looked like a high end gun shop stocked up. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Only complaint I have is, I wish page numbers were added to the match books. It may be just me, but it takes me forever to find the page when its briefing time. Thanks again and I can't wait until the next one.

Can't add anything that hasn't already been said. Was an awesome match as always. Shannon and Bryan run a top notch facility and great flowing stages.

Thanks to all the sponsors for the wonderful prizes that were on the table. And to all the RO's who took the time out of their busy schedule to help make this run smoothly.

Congrats to George and all the top finishers.

See you guys the next go around.

I had an absolute blast at this match! Still trying to recover :) I always enjoy and really look forward to going to K&M for the outstanding facility, the camaraderie with all the great folks who always shoot there, and for the awesome staff. These guys set the bar for the entire community. Many thanks to the MDs and ROs, the sponsors, and all the shooters that made this match so enjoyable!

Thanks Bryan and Shannon for allowing us to experience the facility and match. We came down Wednesday night and Bryan, Shannon, and George put us up for a long weekend. It was an incredible trip and we are still talking about it. Let me start with the facility, this place is the Disney World of tactical shooting. The range(s) are incredible and the people are even better. We shot all day with the guys on Thursday and got a taste of what it's like to shoot in the matches. On Friday we shot in the train up and then it really got fun. The weekend was full of RO tasks and great fellowship. I can't wait to come back and next time I hope I'm the one hearing "Impact!". Thanks again George, Bryan, and Shannon for all the hospitality.

Last edited:
What a great match. No down time, very well ran....Shannon even timed the rain to stop before the first stage! :)

Huge Thank you to the R.O. Staff. Kay and Morgan did okay too, although the match overall could have been HUGELY improved if there were 2 cookies in the lunches instead of just one.

I was playing with my go-pro this weekend, here are a couple videos.

If you click over to youtube, I transcribed the stage instructions from the match booklets.

Precision Tactical Arms run and gun:
K&M Precision Rifle 2013 PRC Precision Tactical Arms Run and Gun - YouTube

Silencerco Shoot House:
K&M Precision Rifle 2013 PRC Silencer Co. Shoot House - YouTube

Shoot House during Train up:
K&M Precision Rifle Train-up 2013 shoot house - YouTube

Last edited:
Great Comp !!! Thanks to Shannon and Bryan, and especially to the RO's and sponsor's !! The course of fire was fantastic. Very challenging, yet very fun to shoot. No stage was difficult just to be difficult. Tempo of the match was perfect. I cant wait for the next K&M match.

PS.....I wonder why most guys have their head down walking away from the cold bore stage ? HA !

2cwwxn7.jpg

Great match had a blast thanks to the R.O. And to Bryan and Shannon can't wait for the grind its always fun at K&M

Bryan and Shannon thanks for another great match!

Thank you to all the RO's for your help in running a smooth and efficent match!

Here is a video we put together off all the photos and clips we could find. Enjoy!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wb3bD3U6EOk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>