• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K31?

Most important, measure the case face to the ogive. Use a comparator if you have one, but they are not necessary if you're not in competition shooting with one. I use one bullet of each type and have an open ended seater that contacts the bullet at the same place each time down on the ogive. It works like a comparator.

FWIW, did you notice the difference in ogives of your bullets and the GP-11? ;) ;)

Hint: Clean off the sealing wax. Take your caliper/micrometer and find where the Swiss bullet comes to full .308 dia.:D;):D

Last edited:
I don't have any GP-11, so no, I haven't been able to compare them. I was surprised though when my rifle differs so much from the Hornady reloading section for Schmidt-Rubin 7.5x55's.
I bought the dies and Norma brass to make some for my uncle's K-11. They work great in his, and don't have any issues, but in mine, some of them showed pressures. I have a chamber measuring case, to put a bullet of the type you want to use into, and gently push the bullet forward into the lands, then measure COAL and subtract a couple thousandths for clearance. Then, I can use the comparator to measure Ogive length for accurate loading.
Thanks for the info. I will also bear in mind the info on work hardening the Norma brass like you suggest.

yvuny3u3.jpg
View attachment 8884

Here are some pics of the K-31

That's PurTAY! Is that a walnut or a beech stock? They quit using Walnut in '43(?) I believe. Availability was down due to WWII. Strange thing with the serial numbers on these. They start kind of high then start over. I had two. The lower numbered one was the one I kept and it was made in '56. The higher numbered one was made in '51.

That's PurTAY! Is that a walnut or a beech stock? They quit using Walnut in '43(?) I believe. Availability was down due to WWII. Strange thing with the serial numbers on these. They start kind of high then start over. I had two. The lower numbered one was the one I kept and it was made in '56. The higher numbered one was made in '51.

Yeah, it's a beech stock. It was built in November 1948, I believe, and issued to Alois Gissler who was born in 1929. He was in the III 187, which I am not sure what that means other than his unit. He was from the German area of Switzerland, the town of Schattdorf. This information is on a small paper/plastic tag under the butt-plate.
There is a good site on the internet, Manufacture Dates of Swiss Schmidt-Rubin Rifles which tells the serial numbers, the dates of manufacture, and the series of rifles. You may well have had one from each of two series. I really want to find a 1911 full length rifle. The way the Karbine shoots, I bet the full length one is really awesome.

if you, Sirs, have some question about SRs, please, try to contact a Swiss shooting association named CARABINIERI CANTONALI (Lugano,Switzerland)_
( nothing to see with italian Carabinieri/cops, of course)_
I think they could be glad to help you about it and related infos (good people shootin' competitively Swiss rifles only,real enthusiasts, by the way)

if you, Sirs, have some question about SRs, please, try to contact a Swiss shooting association named CARABINIERI CANTONALI (Lugano,Switzerland)_
( nothing to see with italian Carabinieri/cops, of course)_
I think they could be glad to help you about it and related infos (good people shootin' competitively Swiss rifles only,real enthusiasts, by the way)

Thank you. I'll have to check this out more. The more if learn about these rifles, the more I like them.