• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC LPR adjustable gas block

Forrest84

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Cutt n Shoot, TX
was just wandering if any of you guys out there have swapped out your oem Gas block with an adjustable one? I’ve only found one discussion on it and it took about two posts in before it spiraled in to a shit talking waste of time with no useful information.

Thanks

You will most likely need a clamp on gas block as the OEM one (at least mine) is pinned. Difficult to get the set screws in with the channels drilled into the barrel for the pins. Mine is a Mod 1, the mod 2 uses a totally different gas block and retention system.

Would there be any issue with replacing the Gas tube or just swapping over the original one to a new block with them Boeing of proprietary length etc? I’ve only heard that they are I don’t know that to any certainty though.

Do you have an LPR mod 1 or mod 2?

You would absolutely have issues with a mod 2.

You should have no problems with the gas tube. Only issue would be the pinned block.

Wouldn't call it a problem. Just that pinned blocks can be a PITA to remove. Also once you remove it, it's difficult to use a set screw gas block afterwards because KAC uses double pins right where the set screws would be. That's why I would recommend a clamp on block if switching blocks.

If your trying to cut gas for running suppressed, maybe try a Gemtech carrier. Had one in an 11.5 kac upper and it helped alot.

A 2A Armament adjustable carrier might be the best solution. If price isn't an issue you could always take it to a smith and have him chop off the gas block, make a custom gas tube, and install the new one though.