• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC SR-25 Factory Mags worth $100?

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    I have a couple of new, all-factory KAC SR-25’s, each of which came with a single factory mag. I’ve been bitten by the KAC bug and have an incurable infection. I break out in hives when anything non-KAC gets near my KAC guns.

That said, even terminal KACinitus has its limits. Is there something unique or magical about $100 KAC 20-round SR mags that makes my SR-25 more operator, or will enhance my already prodigious (for your average squirrel) manhood?

Or are Pmags or other modern AR-10 mags just as good? Or will using such mags in my babies induce vomiting and FTFs galore?

Reactions: Bravo6niner
    no, and lmt>kac :unsure: thats why they make half their parts:ROFLMAO:

2 sr25s? Sounds like a...

Shouldaboughda...

Shouldaboughda lmt mws shouldagoda jp Lrp

For real though, congrats on your nice shit. It'll last forever just like all nice shit. Kac mags are nice. I think the same function can be had for less but like anything with kac your paying 70% for the name.

Already have LMT and JRP. I came late to the KAC party and snagged a couple 25’s and 15’s “just because.” 😁

I figured the mags were stoopid, and they’re completely sold out everywhere. ONE is available on GB for $170.:oops:

WTF is that about?!

KAC mags are kinda like the Accuracy international mags. They just work, and work and work. The Pmags have worked well for me also and never an issue. I would always have a few KAC mags just because. But the Magpuls work well also.

Bruh... you are the last guy I ever thought I would hear complaining about $100 kac anything...

Your slipping homie did you go into a Walmart or something recently?

Damn. I think you’re right. WTF am I doing?!

Damn. I think you’re right. WTF am I doing?!

Apparently spending too much time with the unwashed masses and or the commoner mentality soaked in for a min... Were you reading one of budget scope threads or something before posting?

It's been known to have this effect on people if your not careful... Next thing you know you will be saying an Tract toric is as good a TT really so why spend the extra money lol

Reactions: TheHorta
    KAC mags are the only mags that haven't failed in my SR25. Many ftf with 20 round pmags and asc mags, although the 10 round pmags work well.

What about lancers? Why don't I ever hear about them? They are pretty much top dog on ar15s

I bet this KAC will come with a few mags lol

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/874003157

I know the seller, he’s a good dude. He usually has the harder to find KAC or Surefire cans in stock or can get them. Bought my 762SS and Mk11 cans off of him.

@TheHorta KAC mags are good to go. I have never had a failure or issue with any of the ones I have and Ive shoot my SR25 on avg of once per week, 40-60 rounds since I acquired it three years ago. $100 is sorta steep if buying used but new is fine. You can usually find them on here for $75-85 per, esp if the seller has them in quantity (5+). Magpul’s can give you issues if you seat your bullets to mag length using KAC mags as the reference but other than that I haven’t had issues with them either.

I remember reading a post years ago from Kevinb back when he was still with kac. He said that the sof strongly preferred the kac mags for metal and the pmags for polymer. It does not seem much has changed since then.

Laughing at people who want an m110 with deployment kit for even half of what he's asking.

Laughing at people who want an m110 with deployment kit for even half of what he's asking.

Yeah, those and the MRAD deployment kits that you see floating around for over 20k are a little silly

Deplyment kits are a total waste unless you're a collector. If you are, then you probably wont even shoot the rifle anyways.

90% of the stuff in the kit is nice to have, but you won't need/use it and/or you already have it/something close to it at home in your box of random shit.

I have literally no idea how people pay 25k for this stuff. It's a 6k rifle and a 1k scope (being generous).

I’m getting the $50K one on Gunbroker. It says it’s special and the only one like it in America.

Perfect name for their website. Buying guns certainly will make you broker.

I had 8 preban 20 round waffle mags and 4 preban 20 round steel mags. Sold the waffle mags for $100.00 each and the steel mags for $85.00 each about 4 years ago. I kept two of the 20 round waffle mags for my 1993 preban SR-25 Match. I never had trouble with any of the magazines.

Here are a few of my posts.

I have a couple of new, all-factory KAC SR-25’s, each of which came with a single factory mag. I’ve been bitten by the KAC bug and have an incurable infection. I break out in hives when anything non-KAC gets near my KAC guns.

That said, even terminal KACinitus has its limits. Is there something unique or magical about $100 KAC 20-round SR mags that makes my SR-25 more operator, or will enhance my already prodigious (for your average squirrel) manhood?

Or are Pmags or other modern AR-10 mags just as good? Or will using such mags in my babies induce vomiting and FTFs galore?

No, all that KAC shit is worthless. I will send you my local FFL address so that I can do you a favor and take them off your hands. I'll even be kind enough to cover transfer fees.

I'm a KAC fan, I love my SR15.

$100 seems steep for a mag, however I'm not well versed in the SR-25 mags.

I have a KAC Triple Tap muzzle brake that I have laying around, you can probably trade that for 6-7 SR-25 mags :ROFLMAO:

Figure while I'm here, I might as well contribute to this zombie thread.

I pretty much only run KAC mags in my KAC. No significant experience running Magpul or Lancer mags; my KAC mags have just never let me down. If I had the money, I'd buy five more at $100 a pop. They're worth the peace of mind IMHO.

KAC mags are worth it. They are built like a brick sht house. Small bonus, you can load your ammo a scoutch longer and fit in KAC mags. I have a large stash, whenever I go into my LGS that stocks them, I grab one.

I've run D&H and pmags without issue, but KAC is the goto in my MWS guns.

PB

How rust prone are they? I feel like I've seen several for sale on barfcom that were picking up that orange tinge in places.

Rust prone? Not really. Neglect prone? Sure.

If you take even marginal care of them they won’t rust.

Reactions: CoriolisEffect
    KAC guns are awesome. That said im pretty sure if they took an a2 grip and put their name on the packaging they would sell it for $80 and some jack ass would buy 12.