• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kahles Helia newest / current hunting scopes vs Swarovski

jh2785

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone here has any good feedback on the current line of Kahles Helia hunting scopes. I know with Kahles / Swarovski ....... we get the full line of Swaro's in the USA market, but only the tactical / long range scopes in the Kahles (k525i, etc). So we would have to buy though a foreign dealer, which I'm fine with. But I'm wondering if anyone can compare the Helia's to the Swaro's.

Here are the Kahles Helia's I'm wondering about....

Helia 2-10x50i
Helia 2.4-12x56i
Helia 3.5-18x50i

Here are all of the current Kahles hunting scopes: https://www.kahles.at/en/hunt/riflescopes

for those in the know on these.....which Swaro scopes are they most similar to? (Z6, Z5, Z3, etc) And how do they compare? Specifically in low light, etc. How would a Swarovski Z6i 2-12x50 compare?

This would be for a very basic hunting rifle scope. I've currently got a Zeiss Victory HT 2.5-10x50......but b/c I like trying new scopes....I'm always looking haha.

Thank you

I have had a Helia KX 3.5-10x50 for about 15 years now. It's glass has always been, and is still better than any Swarovski I've ever looked through. I had it at the range a few months ago, and a guy had a new Swaro Z3, and he wanted to look through the Kahles, and was shocked, and said it was clearer and sharper than his new Z3. I looked through his Z3, and came to the same conclusion. Swaro builds nice scopes, but Kahles has always had better glass (through my eyes).

I can't recommend the Kahles Helia series enough for hunting scopes. I have been considering upgrading that rifle to a new Helia 3-18x50 30mm for a little extra magnification on the top-end, but haven't had the cash.

IMG_1293.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: jh2785
I have had a Helia KX 3.5-10x50 for about 15 years now. It's glass has always been, and is still better than any Swarovski I've ever looked through. I had it at the range a few months ago, and a guy had a new Swaro Z3, and he wanted to look through the Kahles, and was shocked, and said it was clearer and sharper than his new Z3. I looked through his Z3, and came to the same conclusion. Swaro builds nice scopes, but Kahles has always had better glass (through my eyes).

I can't recommend the Kahles Helia series enough for hunting scopes. I have been considering upgrading that rifle to a new Helia 3-18x50 30mm for a little extra magnification on the top-end, but haven't had the cash.

View attachment 7954960
Thank you for chiming in! That's helpful info with the Helia KX vs the Z3 Swaro. 1" tube or 30mm on your KX?

I have owned a 3,5-18x50 and it was very, very good. I would say Swarogood and better than the new Zeiss V8 2,8-20x50 that I had at the same time.

I have owned a 3,5-18x50 and it was very, very good. I would say Swarogood and better than the new Zeiss V8 2,8-20x50 that I had at the same time.
Better than the Zeiss V8?? Man that's really good! Swarovski.....since they own Kahles....chooses to market Swaro hunting scopes in the USA and hold back Kahles' hunting scopes here........and that's always made me wonder about how good the Kahles scopes are. Kahles seems like a much smaller operation and footprint to me, although they may not be the case. I wonder if Kahles and Swaro share any lens coating technologies, etc

Kahles and Swaro may very well share some of the optical properties. Very nice scopes though. I sold mine since I wanted more mag on the top so Swaros Z8i 3,5-28x50 is my choice.

Kahles makes great scopes. I have a 624 with parallax issues still waiting for Swarovski to send repair instructions. You have to start a repair registration. I would never buy another Kahles. Great until you need service