• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles K312 range day at 1k with reticle pics

ccoker

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2008
Central Texas
www.tacticalgunreview.com
The view in person was stunning. The plates were very easy to see and frankly I was surprised at how big they appeared when I first looked through the scope. I took my USO 3.2-17 and had to run at 15X to have the same apparent size. There was no problem centering the reticle in the plates I was holding 1 mil into the wind and it was easy to center the mildot in the plate. The 1k targets are at the tree line as viewed to the right of the scope on the horizon. The clarity and resolution of this scope is stunning.

Kahles K312 in Talley 34mm rings and EGW base

Rem 700 LTR base rifle.
Manners MCS-T stock in 4 color digital
Jewel trigger
Wyatts DBM
Kahles-312.jpg

At Best of the West in Liberty Hill, TX
250 on the right
500 in the foreground
750 right
1K distance at tree line

Kahles-312-range-view.jpg

View through scope at 3x
Note targets to right (white are 100 yards)
Targets in lower right of scope are at 250
Orange targets below and left of center are 500
Crosshair on 750 yard berm
1K berm is to the left and back
Kahles-312-at-3x.jpg

Kahles K312 at 12x at lk
The view in person was stunning. The plates were very easy to see and frankly I was surprised at how big they appeared when I first looked through the scope. I took my USO 3.2-17 and had to run at 15X to have the same apparent size. There was no problem centering the reticle in the plates I was holding 1 mil into the wind and it was easy to center the mildot in the plate.

Note the 500 yard targets in the bottom of the scope and 750 at the right.
The 1k targets are at the tree line as viewed to the right of the scope on the horizon.

The turrets track spot on.

Kahles-312-1k.jpg

To say I am extremely impressed with this scope is an understatement. With glass this good you don't need any more magnification. It's a fairly compact and light scope too.
I would be thrilled to run this for scope for everything from tactical matches out to 1k to hunting.

I have tested into low light and would have no issue dropping the hammer on a deer past legal hunting time in Texas.

Re: Kahles K312 range day at 1k with reticle pics

Great review Charles!

I am jealous as I can never get through the scope shots that good!

Excited to see what you think of the K624i

Ready for one
One of our staff guys wants to run it on his 300

I wish I could have really captured the view at 1k
Need to go back and try again

That would be me!
I'm completely blown away by how nice the 12x, but as ccoker said I really need something to get "out there" with on my .300wm that's currently running USO glass.

Is the K624i available?

I got to look through the 624i down at sport optics a few weeks back. It was the nicest scope to get behind out of all the ones I looked at. If I can fit it in I will own one for my Christmas present to me this year.

I would like to say thanks to Talley for supplying us with rings.
They have been great to deal with and their stuff works.
From the lightweight rings to the tactical rings that I would put up against any ring on the market.