• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

bterry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2010
North Carolina
Any big Deer taken in Kansas this year? Just wondering if the drought in North Central Kansas had any affect on the population. Heading out that way after Thanksgiving for gun season.

Re: Kansas

I live in northeast Kansas and we've had some nice bucks just disappear. We had them on cameras all spring and early summer. We're guessing dead. Did hear about one this weekend that green scored 188. Thats the only big one I've heard about. With that north central did get a little more rain then we did

I live in dighton and have seen some big whitetails, but
I think that the mulie are hanging out in the milo. But
they are starting to cut that so I am hoping to see some
hogs.

My buddy called me last night and said two hugh Pope and Young bucks were taken in our area, didn't know the exact score but at least we know they're in there. I know Kansas is worried about that EHD deer killing disease, I sure hope it doesn't take hold.

Last year in SW KS the big ones were down in numbers, but several 150" bucks were taken.
I had heard of a couple here and there but no solid pics just word of mouth.
This year isn't looking much better. Fingers crossed they come around.