• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up Kentucky Members Shoot Feb 25-27th

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
To my fellow KY shooters....

I am trying to organize a shoot at Rock Castle Shooting Center. In light of the Mammoth Comp I think this is a great facility and is heading for big things. It is an easy drive from about anywhere in KY. It takes me just a under 2hrs to get there and that's taking it easy on the accelerator
wink.gif

I want to know a few things from you guys:

1) Who is interested?
2) What TYPE of shoot do you want?
- Strictly Long Range?
- Set distances? 100-500 yards? 500-1000 yards?
- Scattered targets? Do you all want to move around and try different "stages" like a competition?
3) Will you want to spend the night? Drive down on a Friday, stay the night, then shoot all day Saturday and part of sunday? Tell me what type of schedule you want to see?

Anything else you all can think of will help me make this KY Shoot more enjoyable for us all. I am not going to say who can and cant come, if you are from surrounding states, get with me and we will figure it out. I want to try and get the ball Rolling on this with Nick quickly so I can set the shoot for the end of February or beginning of March.

I will try and work this out to be a regular calendar event with RCSC. Maybe having 2-3 shoots a year and more if the demand is there. They told me rates can and will change if we fill up the hotel. That makes the visit more worth while and helps them get money together to fund more targets, range supplies and so on.

Let me know your ideas! I am in contact with Nick and he is awaiting our response.
laugh.gif

01/12/11
I have an update:

February 25-27. That is Friday thru Sunday!

Rock Castle shooting center as agreed to let us have a SNIPERs HIDE Member Shoot. We are going to have to limit the numbers for this one. This is going to be the trial run so to speak for scheduling a monthly shoot out there. All of this of course is weather permitting and I am coordinating with Nick on room/food package prices AND a range fee. Please remember the money you spend to use the facilities is not much in comparison to what you get in return. Our money goes back to RCSC for improvements on the range and hotel.

This is going to be a 25 Member Shoot.

We are working on multiple stages of shooting, THIS IS NOT A MATCH.
Distances will be from 100-300 yards at one location and out to 1600 in another. We are doing a weekend event, stay in the hotel and meet your fellow shooters. (The food is excellent in the lodge)

I will bring steel targets out, RCSC will also provide some steel. If you have any that you would like to bring..... please get with me and let me see what you have. Safety is #1.

I am trying to coordinate this all for a fun and safe weekend of shooting. You do NOT have to be a highly trained LR shooter, if you want to come out and see what this is all about then do it! We will make sure you have fun. If you want to see anything in particular, as far as range setup. Let me know. I am going to head down there a couple times before our shoot and scout for locations and how to setup the steel.

I think this will be a great time and hopefully a regularly scheduled event!

<span style="color: #FF6600">Trip Rates:
Room - double beds - $49.00 + tax a night (split with buddy, thats about $25. a night)
3 Meals a day! Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner - $20.00 a day
Their food is really good, I have tried it! </span>

Range Fee:
I have talked with Nick on the range fee. They are posted below. This is the pricing for the shooting event. You will pay these prices and nothing more, except for your food/room charges. RCSC has been very kind with their pricing. We need to take advantage of it and put the facility to good use.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Full weekend: $40.00
Saturday (full day): $25.00
Sunday: 9am-11:30am : Range is cold at 12pm Central. $25.00</span>

I will update as he gets me the info.

Re: Kentucky Members Shoot - Ideas Wanted

List of Attendee's:

1) A. Lawson - KYS338 @
2) B. Rushford - Saturday
3) A. Silcox - the conservator @
4) T. MonCeret - TresMon - Saturday
5) A. Lin - thevibe @
6) Matt M. - wildcatsfan11 @
7) G. Pettit - rbpilot
8) Eric Craig - Saturday
9) Todd Conley - toddconley
10) J. Greene - Greene - Saturday
11) D. Million - Runamuk @
12) B. Million @
13) Derrick Grant @
14) Dain Grant @
15) B. Lin - theguy @
16) C. Zalewski - evilmonkey @
17) S. Reagan - TiredWings - Saturday
18) C. Walls - chaser_2332 - Saturday
19) M. Alderson - usmcdad - Saturday
20) J. Peck - kyshooter @
21) T. Koenig - Mrs.Ace @
22) B. Bracy - Biner626
23) J. Klein - m14er @
24) Isaac Frank - 7mmRM - Saturday
25) Tom Ancona - Saturday
26) John B. - 45.308 - Saturday

RSO #1 - Mike Richardson "cptrichardson", he is also a certified EMS! @
RSO #2 - -Ace- @
RSO #3 - B. Hawkins @

I am very interested in this and would be up for anything. Being pretty new to precision shooting (~1 year) I am just looking to go out and shoot with some experienced guys.

Depending on entry fee and what time of day you start, I am all about it.

Rockcastle is 2.5 hours for me. It takes me about $60 in gas round trip. I would probably not be interested if it meant a night in a hotel and a steep entry fee without a prize table to recover the cost.

However if it's like out local matches at Redbrush where it's $10 for a couple hours shooting, I would love to make the run. I may even be able to convince some guys up here to split gas with me.

Start it late enough in the day that us road warriors don't have to get up at 0-dark-thirty, and make a moderate entry fee and I would love to give it a go.

This is a great idea. You could expect several alabama
shooters to be there. Here are my suggestions
*a two day shoot with hotel stay also allowing regist for 1 day/first day only
*2-3 shooting locations like the red barn, tobacco barn and the
ridge stages we just shot this weekend
*mostly ukd targets with a few kd's at very long distance
*targets in the woods/tree lines so we can practice for
future matches
*dont do kd fixed yardage target lines
Thats my 2cents. Please add me to the list
of "will show up".

I've shot plenty of 3 gun at Rockcastle, I'd love to shoot some LR- as long as it's unknown distance, scattered targets, and field courses.

Cooler weather is better for crawling around on the ground at Rockcastle though. The ticks will carry you off in the spring and summer.

I'd definitely be interested in some LR matches at Rockcastle.

I would be very interested i live less than an hour away even though i live close if there was a two day shoot i'd probably stay at the hotel just to get to know some folks and hopefully pick up some knowledge. unknown/known distance, LR ,different stages.

I would be interested in meet up and shooting some long range and maybe learn some new stuff from some of the others with more experience. I'm kinda a newbie to long range shooting and need all the help i can get. Its about a 2.5 hour drive for me.

Guys, this is NOT A MATCH. This is a shoot.... you can come down shoot for a day or the whole weekend. We ask that you support the hotel if you want and stay there, enjoy the lodge and just hang out with several shooters.

You could call this a training event for matches that will be held there eventually.

NOT A MATCH!!! Just a monthly weekend to shoot and get out and enjoy our sport and the people in it.

Just came from there and the shoot was great. I know of several from TN that would love to come up to shoot for the weekend. Just let us know when..

I think this is a great idea. I am two hours away.

im about 3-3.5 hrs away, I wouldn't mind coming down for a shoot.

$100 for a Night at the Hotel, Dinner and Day of Shooting ($125 Double) Would make this Profitable for Rock Castle, and worth it for the shooters. Ky338, I have Steel and am close enough to help make it happen if'n needed.

I wound be very interested in coming to hang out with some seasoned shooters and send some lead down range, I'm about a hour away

I would definitely be in, and I am sure my match partner/Da would be in too as well as Bolt 56 and his partner from west TN. We had a great time at the match and the facilities are beyond good. We have 12 AR500 plates and are ready to bring them! We definitely need the practice and would love to get together with Ace and the rest of the guys to get more trigger time, learn and prep for the next match. I hope you can make this happen. Consider 4 more shooters in!

Scott

I'm going to email Nick Noble our ideas and see when he can accommodate us. Then I will share dates. Please tell anyone that would be interested. Given the group size maybe we can split up into groups and shoot multiple spots.

I can garentee two or three more shooters from southern Indiana, we're right at an hour and a half away. We didn't shoot in the challange but showed up on Saturday anyway just to watch. We spoke with Nick and his father about coming down just for fun, their both good people.

We also don't care how you set things up, 1 day, 2 day, whatever, we're just in it for the fun and we have nothing but time on the weekends. Let me know if I can help you out in anyway.

I got two that will go!!! Just need a date on when.We can get some steel targets as well!!

I would love to check this out, but I am just beginning in the LR shooting sport and really wouldn't know if it would make sense if I attended.

Gavin,

As a fellow new guy, GO! You'll jump start your learning curve more than you can imagine. I don't know any of these guys, but from other events I've been at, I'm guessing there will be more than a few people willing to help.

If it was closer, I'd be in. But the trip from NY is a little much.

I really enjoy the UKD shoots. They are much more fun. It gets kind of boring shooting KD all of the time. Plus I am sure we could all use more practice milling targets.

I have an update:

February 25-27. That is Friday thru Sunday!

Rock Castle shooting center as agreed to let us have a SNIPERs HIDE Member Shoot. We are going to have to limit the numbers for this one. This is going to be the trial run so to speak for scheduling a monthly shoot out there. All of this of course is weather permitting and I am coordinating with Nick on room/food package prices AND a range fee. Please remember the money you spend to use the facilities is not much in comparison to what you get in return. Our money goes back to RCSC for improvements on the range and hotel.

We are working on multiple stages of shooting, THIS IS NOT A MATCH.
Distances will be from 100-300 yards at one location and out to 1600 in another. We are doing a weekend event, stay in the hotel and meet your fellow shooters. (The food is excellent in the lodge)

I will bring steel targets out, RCSC will also provide some steel. If you have any that you would like to bring..... please get with me and let me see what you have. Safety is #1.

I am trying to coordinate this all for a fun and safe weekend of shooting. You do NOT have to be a highly trained LR shooter, if you want to come out and see what this is all about then do it! We will make sure you have fun. If you want to see anything in particular, as far as range setup. Let me know. I am going to head down there a couple times before our shoot and scout for locations and how to setup the steel.

I think this will be a great time and hopefully a regularly scheduled event!

I am in, please sign me up, Larry Levine sendng you a pm with contact info now, i have lots of ar500 steel i can bring, thanks

also please sign up Richard Crouse for the shoot [another birmingham, al shooter], he is my shooting/spotting partner, thanks

Too fast for me to attend. I need to recoup from the last weekend there lol. I will attend one of them soon though. And take you up on that suppressor offer.

Can't do the whole weekend. Hope everything goes well. Will this be the format for future events also?

You don't have to stay the weekend. Your welcome to drive down and attend the day, but you will still pay the same range fee that we all have to. You just wont be paying for the hotel/food rates.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too fast for me to attend. I need to recoup from the last weekend there lol. I will attend one of them soon though. And take you up on that suppressor offer. </div></div>

I need at least 2 RO's for the weekend. Nick said he will comp your room and food. You could basically shoot for free minus your expenses in getting there (or get a ride with someone) and ammo. If you can follow some simple guide lines and help keep everyone safe, its an expense paid trip. Im sure we could work it out that you can shoot on Sunday as most people will probably be leaving by then.

And you have almost a month and a half!
laugh.gif

Don't worry - for all you out of state guys....

I am going to be bringing in some fine KY bourbon for us all to enjoy. I know some of the guys were a bit shocked when they went to the Mammoth match, Park City is DRY county. BYOB.
laugh.gif
But not to much cause we will be shooting the following morning!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To my fellow KY shooters....

1) Who is interested?
- Strictly Long Range?
- Scattered targets? Do you all want to move around and try different "stages" like a competition?
3) Will you want to spend the night? Drive down on a Friday, stay the night, then shoot all day Saturday and part of sunday? Tell me what type of schedule you want to see?

Anything else you all can think of will help me make this KY Shoot more enjoyable for us all.

<span style="color: #009900">
1. Yes I am interested, late to the party but hopefully not too late.
2. For me, 100 yard to set zero and then static known ranges 500 and up. I would like to meet and greet locals, get some tips and actuate my trigger since it has been a whole year since.
3. Most likely I will be a day tripper, not enough coin in the jeans to stay whole weekend or even overnight. </span>

01/12/11
I have an update:

February 28-30. That is Friday thru Sunday!

Range fee is being determined....

<span style="color: #009900">Will the $100 membership fee cover range fees for this and future shoots? Or will each shoot require an extra fee. Must we pay up front to get on the list? Will it be a hard list = no day of show ups?

I am very interested but lack of coin due to multiple plane tickets on Alaska flights all spring has me very short on coin.

Hopefully with enough interest this range will open to us all week but if not, once a month is better than the pop gun collecting dust as it is now. </span>

</div></div>

I am in, email sent!

This is one hell of an opportunity, thanks to KYS338 and Nick Noble for giving us a chance!

Looking forward to great thing in 2011!
M Richardson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To my fellow KY shooters....

1) Who is interested?
- Strictly Long Range?

Anything else you all can think of will help me make this KY Shoot more enjoyable for us all.

<span style="color: #009900">
1. Yes I am interested, late to the party but hopefully not too late.
2. For me, 100 yard to set zero and then static known ranges 500 and up. I would like to meet and greet locals, get some tips and actuate my trigger since it has been a whole year since.
3. Most likely I will be a day tripper, not enough coin in the jeans to stay whole weekend or even overnight. </span>

01/12/11
I have an update:

February 28-30. That is Friday thru Sunday!

Range fee is being determined....

<span style="color: #009900">Will the $100 membership fee cover range fees for this and future shoots? Or will each shoot require an extra fee. Must we pay up front to get on the list? Will it be a hard list = no day of show ups?

I am very interested but lack of coin due to multiple plane tickets on Alaska flights all spring has me very short on coin.

Hopefully with enough interest this range will open to us all week but if not, once a month is better than the pop gun collecting dust as it is now. </span>

</div></div> </div></div>

Your not late to the party.
We can do the 100 yard zero in the morning.
Day trip is fine just will have to ask NIck ahead of time about the membership fee. Im sure you are covered if you paid the yearly membership fee. You will need to pay for your food individually. Or you can pay to $20.00 for the 3 meals a day!

Good question on the "hard list" - If you sign up, then drop out your slot will go to someone else. As this is a trial run of this event we need to limit the amount of guys we have to watch over, with two RO's that is pushing the limit. Plus, the more guys the more targets I have to drag across KY! I think we are set with this sign up amount but have zero problems with someone showing up for part of the day to check things out or shoot with someone. But that someone is responsible for the guest showing up and they will need to pay the fee for use of the range.

Me personally, I am buying a membership. $100.00 for a year is really equal to 10 hours of shooting time since they charge $10.00 for an hour of range access. It's a no brainer.

Why the RO? Is this a requirement from? Insurance?

I plan on buying a membership, I have not yet, when I was there I had coin in hand but have not because of access to the range but this will/should/hope change everything.

My issue is, while that is not a long way off it is for me to commit until very close. If I miss out, oh well next time and all have fun!

You wont miss out. Im sure we will have slots open. 25 is a lot of shooters! We will accommodate you if we can.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depending on entry fee and what time of day you start, I am all about it.

Rockcastle is 2.5 hours for me. It takes me about $60 in gas round trip. I would probably not be interested if it meant a night in a hotel and a steep entry fee without a prize table to recover the cost.

However if it's like out local matches at Redbrush where it's $10 for a couple hours shooting, I would love to make the run. I may even be able to convince some guys up here to split gas with me.

Start it late enough in the day that us road warriors don't have to get up at 0-dark-thirty, and make a moderate entry fee and I would love to give it a go. </div></div>

I would say from talking with Nick, these shoots are not designed to break the bank. They are designed to let us utilize the facility and have a good time with our fellow shooters.

I am still awaiting an email back from him on the range fee for the weekend vs. just saturday, which would be our main shooting day. We will also shoot some on Sunday to let the RSO's get trigger time and what not. I also might bring out some NV gear to let people attempt some hits at night with a NV unit.

Just for reference the practice days range fee for the Mammoth Comp was $50 total for Sat and Sun.

Sounds great to me, I'm in. I plan on coming out at least Friday and Saturday. Please sign me up: Matt M

Thanks KY and Nick for putting this together

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for reference the practice days range fee for the Mammoth Comp was $50 total for Sat and Sun. </div></div>

This isn't a practice day.... its just a shoot. I am providing the steel so I am hoping he makes it less then that.

We shall see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for reference the practice days range fee for the Mammoth Comp was $50 total for Sat and Sun. </div></div>

This isn't a practice day.... its just a shoot. I am providing the steel so I am hoping he makes it less then that.

We shall see. </div></div>

Joe didn't charge anything on his end so the $50 was the straight Rockcastle range fee for two days. You might be able to get it for less....?

I am in. I would like to see a informal match type setup. Give me a chance to mil and range targets then fire on them from ukd. I can shoot a little. But what really is hard on my performance is the time and range/wind estimation. I can shoot on sunday, three days probably too much for me.
My Thoughts,
T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for reference the practice days range fee for the Mammoth Comp was $50 total for Sat and Sun. </div></div>

We shall see. </div></div>

Joe didn't charge anything on his end so the $50 was the straight Rockcastle range fee for two days. You might be able to get it for less....? </div></div>

Im supplying everything..... We are working it out. Buy the membership and you save money.

I would be interested.
Scattered targets, Maybe one night at the lodge.
Your dates seem off. do you mean the last weekend in Feb?