• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Kestrel 5700 Elite Target Direction missing?

solst_ice

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2012
In the target menu of mys Kestrel 5700 Elite I'm missing the TD (Target Direction) input. According the documentation it should be there:

Kestrel 5700 Elite documentation

TD - Target Direction is the direction of travel of the target perpendicular to the direction of fire.

I'm using the current firmware 1.21 . Do you have the same issue or do I something wrong?

It's there it's Direction of Fire. DoF.

From the main screen (when in ballistics mode. You can see the DoF on the Target line. You can capture it by clicking your res button to unlock the value and begin capturing live data and once more to lock in the value.

If you hit the carriage return key on the Target line it opens the target menu. 4th line down, below Target Range (TR), is DoF.

Hi rockmyglock,

I think, DoF and TD are 2 different things:

DoF - Direction of fire is the direction from the position of the shooter to the target.

TS - Target Speed is the speed of the target perpendicular to the direction of fire.

TD - Target Direction is the direction of travel of the target perpendicular to the direction of fire.

TD is the direction of a moving target. Do you see it in your Kestrel?

Copy that. Thanks for the lexicon lesson. I pulled out my manual and read up on it.

I do not see it and based on that page 21 you quoted it should be under TS and above WD. The TS sub menu does not have it either.

Running 1.20

Now I'm curious, because when I give my target 50mph or 2 meters per second speed at 400yds....holds dont change.

@DocUSMCRetired should be able to sort us out.