• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel/ Ballistic Calculator Checklist

hardknock

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2022
NE
We all have shooter checklists, but what's your checklist look like for your Kestrel when you get to your shooting position/ before you send your first shot? Just wondering if I'm missing anything. Live atmospherics, bullet/gun data, etc.

I can't say I've ever thought about a checklist for my Kestrel, I just read the instructions and watched some videos and use the features I want when I need them. Typically, before I shoot I'll make sure I'm on the right gun profile because a couple times not checking that messed me up and depending on what I'm doing I'll make sure the compass is calibrated so the initial wind dope will be more accurate. Don't forget to spin the Kestrel a bit by the lanyard periodically to clear the sensors.

Reactions: SirDrinksAlot
Calibrate compass first thing in the morning/location.
Get environmentals. Confirm correct profile.
Adjust velocity if I have same day /prior day data.
On stage, target direction, wind direction, yardage. Update enviro (temp) as needed through the day.....
Close bolt, exhale, press trigger.
Rinse, repeat.