• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel Ballistic News

Most likely I understood what was the matter.

Kestrel has launched a new site for shooters. https://kestrelballistics.com/

And the direction for other purposes and with other devices was left on the old website https://kestrelinstruments.com/

I've downloaded another Kestrel Link app. When the application is launched, it does not connect to the server and writes that there is no Internet connection. Internet connection is solid 500 mb/s

I connected the app via Bluetooth with my Kestrel and tried to update the firmware from the application, but it failed again.
an error popped up about the lack of an Internet connection.

I turn on the VPN on my laptop and everything works. But I can’t enable vpn on my cell phone, and I can’t update the firmware of the device.

most likely New hosting does not allow IP requests from Russia. Therefore, neither updating the firmware nor simply visiting the site works. you need to write to them to fix this problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-14-10-20-19-151_com.kestrelinstruments.kdex.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-14-10-20-19-151_com.kestrelinstruments.kdex.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_2021-07-14-10-24-44-592_com.kestrelinstruments.kdex.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-14-10-24-44-592_com.kestrelinstruments.kdex.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 132
Most likely I understood what was the matter.

Kestrel has launched a new site for shooters. https://kestrelballistics.com/

And the direction for other purposes and with other devices was left on the old website https://kestrelinstruments.com/

I've downloaded another Kestrel Link app. When the application is launched, it does not connect to the server and writes that there is no Internet connection. Internet connection is solid 500 mb/s

I connected the app via Bluetooth with my Kestrel and tried to update the firmware from the application, but it failed again.
an error popped up about the lack of an Internet connection.

I turn on the VPN on my laptop and everything works. But I can’t enable vpn on my cell phone, and I can’t update the firmware of the device.

most likely New hosting does not allow IP requests from Russia. Therefore, neither updating the firmware nor simply visiting the site works. you need to write to them to fix this problem.
If you have Win10 on your laptop you could start a WiFi hotspot on it to share the VPN connection with your phone.

If you have Win10 on your laptop you could start a WiFi hotspot on it to share the VPN connection with your phone.

I use VPN extention built in my browser Chrome to web surfing. I can't share it

Access Denied​

kestrelballistics.com is using a security service for protection against online attacks. An action has triggered the service and blocked your request.

Please try again in a few minutes. If the issue persist, please contact the site owner for further assistance.

Last edited:
alex2x2 you have not been banned, if you continue to have problems with firmware update through your cell phone app call 800-784-4221

Your hosting server does not allow IP requests from Russia. I called a few of my friends to update firmware of their Kestrel 5700 elite with link. everyone has the same issue. Nobody can't update

Last edited:
Your hosting server does not allow IP requests from Russia. I called a few ща my friends to update firmware of their Kestrel 5700 elite with link. everyone has the same issue. Nobody can't update
Well, I learned you are correct. Try turning off WiFi and see if you can link and update that way. Maybe cell service will bypass the block.

I have the Kestrel/Hornady 5700 4 DOF version 1.49. Today at the range I attempted to update the kestrel latitude using the LINK ballistics software (android phone) and the 5700 4 DOF continues to show zero. I would appreciate any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

I have the Kestrel/Hornady 5700 4 DOF version 1.49. Today at the range I attempted to update the kestrel latitude using the LINK ballistics software (android phone) and the 5700 4 DOF continues to show zero. I would appreciate any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.
check your phone to be sure gps is turned on and let me know

Hey Kestrel,

How about a 50+ Kestrel version with a display older eyes can actually read without resorting to reading glasses?

Why such a large increase?
The product was discontinued in 2017. Our costs to maintain the database to update units that have code that is older than 5 years have increased year over year.

We will continue to support this product, and all Kestrel 5700 Sportsman have the ability to convert to the current Kestrel 5700 code at no charge via our free app.