• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel Ballistic News

Kestrel Elite Custom Curve users PLEASE NOTE
When selecting you bullet from the library, be sure NOT to select bullets with a parenthesis following the bullet name. Those are Personal Drag Models created by Applied Ballistics for a specific gun / user and are not Custom Curves to be used for other users. They are listed in the Applied Ballistic Library but the results will not be accurate for your rifle. Please be careful when selecting your bullet from the library and do not select any bullet name that is followed by parenthesis and information within the parenthesis.
Example:
SELECT: SierraMatchKing
DO NOT SELECT: Sierra MatchKing(Libert)

Watch for FREE KESTRELS with optic purchase on https://kestrelinstruments.com/ starting Black Friday through Cyber Monday. Here is a taste of what is coming.

Attachments

• NightForce SHV 4-14x50 Instagram.png
    NightForce SHV 4-14x50 Instagram.png
    637.6 KB · Views: 248
  • Tuesday 1 Vortex Viper Generic_ Kestrel 2700.png
    Tuesday 1 Vortex Viper Generic_ Kestrel 2700.png
    541 KB · Views: 183
  • Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 EBR-2B Instagram.png
    Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 EBR-2B Instagram.png
    644.6 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: Bob2650
Will the next firmware update for the 5700 Elite have:

Gun wind value
Gun number for 12 Inch drill

Accuracy First tools for use with T3 ret?

Can you tell me: few days ago AB app for cell phones uploaded new version. Some bug fixies. Will you implement this to Kestrel unit firmware too? Or there are not bugs inside?

OK thank you for answer. But calculations in ball engine must be same for both? Or not? I asked if same error is in Kestrel unit or not? Sorry for my maybe stupid question :)

We have an update for the AB Mobile apps on iOS and Android launching today. Please note some bugs were not experienced for all users. The updates to the standard apps include the following fixes:

iOS:
1) Fixed the +/- on HUD screen bug.
2) Fixed the range card formatting bug on iPad.
3) Aerodynamic Jump based on twist rate fixed.
4) Aerodynamic Jump based on twist direction fixed.
5) Sight Height/Offset decimal bug in metric mode fixed.
6) Bullets under 1 inch (rimfire) spin drift bug.
7) Fixed white text on white background bug.

Android:
1) Fixed menu lettering color issue.
2) Fixed the magenta range card some users were experiencing.
3) Aerodynamic Jump based on twist rate fixed.
4) Aerodynamic Jump based on twist direction fixed.
5) Fixed Zero Offset Issue with Spin Drift.

Sorry, slowdown on the HUD - We are beginning full HUD production the first week of February and will work to fill the preorders that have all been placed. We appreciate everyone's patience in this process as we continue to release products that meet our strict quality standards

Kestrel 5700X Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics & LiNK now Available!
Hit long-distance targets faster than ever before. The same accuracy and reliability as the 5700 Elite, the new 5700X Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics & LiNK packs more performance power to deliver faster firing solutions in the field for extreme long-range targets.
What’s new?
· Upgraded processor More powerful and faster than the 5700 Elite, the 5700X provides quicker targeting data for extreme long-range targets.
· Increased security the adjustable Bluetooth® Low Energy signal can be dialed from full power to off position to minimize Bluetooth® range detectability.

Kestrel/Hornady 5700 4 DOF - This morning I was shooting targets at 543 yards. When I finished and was reviewing my data I noticed two categories for the first time. Namely, Rem V 1988 fps and Rem E 1228 fps. My initial MV is set at 2710 (6.5 cm using Hornady 140 gr ELD match) Is the Rem V 1988 fps the amount of the bullets initial velocity retained at 543 yards? I know that Rem E 1228 fps is attributed to spin drift but how would I adjust for this loss in fps. You can probably tell by my question that I'm a little confused about this topic however, any comment(s) relating to this subject would be appreciated.

Will the PLRF25C connect with the 5700 Elite X "and" the HUD at the same time?

Kestrel Elite Custom Curve users PLEASE NOTE
When selecting you bullet from the library, be sure NOT to select bullets with a parenthesis following the bullet name. Those are Personal Drag Models created by Applied Ballistics for a specific gun / user and are not Custom Curves to be used for other users. They are listed in the Applied Ballistic Library but the results will not be accurate for your rifle. Please be careful when selecting your bullet from the library and do not select any bullet name that is followed by parenthesis and information within the parenthesis.
Example:
SELECT: SierraMatchKing
DO NOT SELECT: Sierra MatchKing(Libert)

what is custom curves all about? Is that something you can download to the elite?

I Hear a lot of people talking about it, is it worth it?

Hard to say if worth it. I use them. But not sure how much better than BC they are inside 1200 or so.

Also, to fully utilize them, you need to have access to transonic range for your bullet/speed.

If you have a bluetooth model read the user guide and connect the Kestrel to your phone app, create your gun profile in the app and if the bullet has a custom curve you will be offered a selection of "Use G1, G7 or Custom Curve" Select Custom Curve and you are using a radar tested bullet trajectory instead of an estimated Ballistic Coefficient. After downloading the profile to the Kestrel, do the Calc MV feature in the MV submenu in the Kestrel's gun profile and your Kestrel will be "Trued" to your rifle.

Kestrel 5700X Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics & LiNK now Available!
Hit long-distance targets faster than ever before. The same accuracy and reliability as the 5700 Elite, the new 5700X Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics & LiNK packs more performance power to deliver faster firing solutions in the field for extreme long-range targets.
What’s new?
· Upgraded processor More powerful and faster than the 5700 Elite, the 5700X provides quicker targeting data for extreme long-range targets.
· Increased security the adjustable Bluetooth® Low Energy signal can be dialed from full power to off position to minimize Bluetooth® range detectability.

When these will be available at Distributor's, e.g., RSR, Sports South, etc.?

Note: For anyone who has had issues with the Kestrel 2700 and their Kestrel LiNK Ballistics Android app crashing when doing Compass Cal or CalMV, we have identified the issue and will be pushing out a fix to the Google PlayStore later this week.

Here at Kestrel Instruments, we are forever grateful to all current and former service members who have made it their mission to secure our safety and security. We have always offered a military and government discount for purchases. Now we are making it even easier to access that discount with ID.me. In recognition of the sacrifices made by front line healthcare workers in the COVID-19 pandemic, we are extending this discount program to healthcare professionals too.

ID.me simplifies the identity verification and authentication experience for groups affiliated with the military, government, and healthcare sectors. ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. Once a user creates an account and verifies their identity with ID.me, they never have to re-verify again anywhere that ID.me is integrated. You can shop with confidence throughout our site, knowing your discount eligibility will apply to all products.

Sincerely,
A9pxg_p_5-4rCttr48MUgsNjYDOF0hi6iiM2RnltMh7HIpH4rAh_E1YE7yhW_siTHUkbtaf1R0WHwYshhRZdWcupmRfeYrsl3BV3_8uhNqoE5lCGK-H4TdUWpipd2HJbB2RAx-_IUOXoojlLFsBc3ZrZRbwbZ9msf0fCfICGQrJOAPrFo27clfRZP-oX=s0-d-e1-ft

ID.me verification and authentication = 10% discount.

Here at Kestrel Instruments, we are forever grateful to all current and former service members who have made it their mission to secure our safety and security. We have always offered a military and government discount for purchases. Now we are making it even easier to access that discount with ID.me. In recognition of the sacrifices made by front line healthcare workers in the COVID-19 pandemic, we are extending this discount program to healthcare professionals too.

ID.me simplifies the identity verification and authentication experience for groups affiliated with the military, government, and healthcare sectors. ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. Once a user creates an account and verifies their identity with ID.me, they never have to re-verify again anywhere that ID.me is integrated. You can shop with confidence throughout our site, knowing your discount eligibility will apply to all products.

Sincerely,
A9pxg_p_5-4rCttr48MUgsNjYDOF0hi6iiM2RnltMh7HIpH4rAh_E1YE7yhW_siTHUkbtaf1R0WHwYshhRZdWcupmRfeYrsl3BV3_8uhNqoE5lCGK-H4TdUWpipd2HJbB2RAx-_IUOXoojlLFsBc3ZrZRbwbZ9msf0fCfICGQrJOAPrFo27clfRZP-oX=s0-d-e1-ft

ID.me verification and authentication = 10% discount.

I can verify from personal experience that the id me process was easy and quick! Thanks Kestrel! Also big fan of the free zoom trainings you guys have done!

Reactions: kindabitey
How can I update my Kestrel 5700 elite ?

I can't go to support website.

Can you help please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-13-21-47-45-050_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-13-21-47-45-050_com.android.chrome.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
How can I update my Kestrel 5700 elite ?

I can't go to support website.

Can you help please?
If you have a meter with Link, just link it to your Kestrel Link Ballistic app and the app will prompt you on what to do. If you do not have Link go to https://kestrelballistics.com/ and in support search for Link for Windows, you will need to update via a special USB cable.

If you have a meter with Link, just link it to your Kestrel Link Ballistic app and the app will prompt you on what to do. If you do not have Link go to and in support search for Link for Windows, you will need to update via a special USB cable.
I have 5700 elite with link. Nothing happens with update.

I think Kestrel Ballistics have banned my IP.
I can't go to https://kestrelballistics.com/