• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel Blue Tooth to What?

ShtrRdy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2011
    High Plains
    What sort of devices understand the information sent out of a Kestrel with Blue Tooth? And what do they do with that information?

I believe the app Shooter on Android can receive the data and use it in calculations. Kestrel Bluetooth does not sync with iPhones unfortunately.

Correctumundo

kestrel1.png

kestrel2.png

Galaxy S3 on tapatalk

Trimble Nomad running FFS. One of my shooting buddies runs a Vectronix PLRF 15C, Trimble Nomad, and Kestrel with weather vane. Both the Kestrel and the range finder talk with the FFS software on the Nomad. You range what your going to shoot at with the PLRF, and presto, you get a elevation and windage solution.

They also connect to applied ballistics wind meters that can but put downrange so I've read. I don't think Bluetooth has an extended range though so I'm not sure how effective that would be.