• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel Sight Scale Factor for Various Scopes Discussion

zork59

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2022
California
Wondering if anyone has ran the new Kestrel Sight Scale Factor procedure with the latest Firmware update (or maybe already knows their SSF and has been manually incorporating it in their dope). Curious what scopes out there are at and how much deviation there might be from 1.0. I ran it for my Nightforce ATACR 7-35x and came up with 1.0 and was nervous throughout if it didn't.

Lowlight posted testing results from his courses some months ago.

I think they took them off the site because of the butthurt / people misinterpreting them.
But mainly most scopes are within 2%, roughly 50% were within 1% if I remember right.

Many Vortexes were tested and they had good track record to median 100%. ZCO was around 99-100. Few individual scopes from some mid grade makers were marked as failed / 25% error or not able to complete the test.

I have tested my scope with my ..capabilities.. and did not see anything wrong.

I believe that most usecases fall into:
1. Too much error -> scope goes back to manufacturer, no need to scale it
2. Not much error -> user does not even notice it

But to those cases where it is indeed needed, it is pretty much an unreplaceable tool.

Reactions: zork59