• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics Kestrel Sportsman Ballistics Weather Meter reduced to only $249.99, reduced from $569.99

Ordered! Thanks for the quick shipping, can't wait to put it to use.

Hello All.
Just putting this out there I live in the las vegas area and have the Kestrel BT Dongle if anyone would like to used it in this area I would be more than happy to meet up.

It would save someone a few dollars anyway.

Thank you
Joseph

Thanks for a great deal! Have been trying to decide which Kestel to buy and when saw this, made it an easy decision :)

Just ordered mine today as well. Smoking hot deal on this at 249.99 out the door and shipped. Thanks Doug and cameraland.

I've been on the fence about even owning a Kestrel. New to long range shooting and on a limited budget so been trying to only buy things I NEED. This seemed too good to pass up so just ordered one.

I've been on the fence about even owning a Kestrel. New to long range shooting and on a limited budget so been trying to only buy things I NEED. This seemed too good to pass up so just ordered one.
You'll be glad you did. Also, I've noticed that a ton of guys immediately purchase the $190 Elite upgrade. I have not done that and am getting super results out to 1025 yards, which is as far as I have access to. I'm shooting .308 and 6.5CR with factory ammo. I will upgrade at some point but I honestly don't feel the need right now.

Got mine yesterday from Doug, all parts look to be there, ordered upgrade today

You'll be glad you did. Also, I've noticed that a ton of guys immediately purchase the $190 Elite upgrade. I have not done that and am getting super results out to 1025 yards, which is as far as I have access to. I'm shooting .308 and 6.5CR with factory ammo. I will upgrade at some point but I honestly don't feel the need right now.

The biggest reason I upgrade to Elite is the ability to have 30 profiles on my Kestrel and the Range/Target card... With doing all these reviews and testing so many different barrels, guns, ammo, etc it is much easier for me to have everything right on the Kestrel and the Target card there for all my targets from 100-700yd. Not necessary but for me it makes things much easier and quicker.

Reactions: 1911hombre
The biggest reason I upgrade to Elite is the ability to have 30 profiles on my Kestrel and the Range/Target card... With doing all these reviews and testing so many different barrels, guns, ammo, etc it is much easier for me to have everything right on the Kestrel and the Target card there for all my targets from 100-700yd. Not necessary but for me it makes things much easier and quicker.
I doubt I'll do the upgrade. 98% of the shooting I'll do will be 1200 yards or less, and memory space for three rifles is already two more than I need.

I doubt I'll do the upgrade. 98% of the shooting I'll do will be 1200 yards or less, and memory space for three rifles is already two more than I need.
Plus you can use the Kestrel Link App and have as many gun profiles you want on there. Its just you can only have 3 on the kestrel at a time, but you just transfer the ones you want to use that day.

Can I ask how many yards this unit is good to? 1200? 1500?

Or do I need the Elite upgrade for firing solutions beyond 1000 yards?

For the purpose of this answer, please assume that I use 1 rifle, 1 caliber, 1 ammo, 1 scope. Same gun and same bullets every day.

Thank you!

Can I ask how many yards this unit is good to? 1200? 1500?

Or do I need the Elite upgrade for firing solutions beyond 1000 yards?

For the purpose of this answer, please assume that I use 1 rifle, 1 caliber, 1 ammo, 1 scope. Same gun and same bullets every day.

Thank you!
6EC02D62-CC9E-48DD-9744-F85E913EA71B.jpeg

Reactions: AndrewR
Per Kestrel 5700 Sportsman specs on Kestrels website it says it does not calculate drop curves so in long range shooting past 1000 (transonic and subsonic) fine tuning on your part will be required. With the Elite firmware upgrade you got the more advanced long range feature set... if that is something that matters..

Either way, you can upgrade to.elite any time and your way ahead vs buying the elite...

Reactions: FishDr and AndrewR
Doug,
So, who was the lucky dog who got the last one? Was it me, if so I'd feel like I won the lottery?
Just post the zip code.
I actually ordered it for friend that decided he needed a new toy tool.

On their thread, they’ve said they are not able to get more stock of the sportsman. Apparently, we’ve cleaned out NK.

Reactions: smokinjoe204
I bought one of these units a few months ago on this deal and it is a great buy. Doug is good to go!

I picked one of these up as well and love it! Need two more for my buddies who have used mine now.