Keto Weight Loss Plateau

JRaven

Private
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2013
TX
Lose weight with low carb keto diet. At the moment keto diet was the most efficient for me. I have tried a lot of diets a not one was efficient for me. I have insulin resistance and should limit carbohydrates.
The way it works is the most simple. You receive the energy from carbohydrates when your body does not have a carbohydrate it starts to look for the energy and start takes it from the fat of your body. That is why the keto diet is the most efficient. Plus you do not feel any hunger.
Lots to unpack there.

The reason you don't feel as hungry on a ketogenic diet is protein is extremely satiating and fat slows absorption out of the stomach. When you limit carbohydrates and starve your body of glucose the liver starts to produce ketones. The process involves no having enough insulin production to turn glucose into energy. Ketones are produced from fat as an energy source.

Most of the weight loss that people experience isn't from magic. Really comes from caloric restriction as you are removing a macronutrient and filling up one protein (satiating) and fat (slows absorption).

If you track your macros and eat in a caloric restriction the scale heads in the right direction. I have seen many people not lose weight on ketogenic diet because they eat like starved hogs then say, "This ketogenic thing is is bullshit."

I recommend if you are serious about losing weight then track your total calories each day and look at the average over 7 days.

If you want to put on muscle eat a high protein diet and lift some heavy weights.

P.S. And since we are posting meat pictures - here are two bone in ribeyes I cooked the other day.

Attachments

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
Lots to unpack there.

The reason you don't feel as hungry on a ketogenic diet is protein is extremely satiating and fat slows absorption out of the stomach. When you limit carbohydrates and starve your body of glucose the liver starts to produce ketones. The process involves no having enough insulin production to turn glucose into energy. Ketones are produced from fat as an energy source.

Most of the weight loss that people experience isn't from magic. Really comes from caloric restriction as you are removing a macronutrient and filling up one protein (satiating) and fat (slows absorption).

If you track your macros and eat in a caloric restriction the scale heads in the right direction. I have seen many people not lose weight on ketogenic diet because they eat like starved hogs then say, "This ketogenic thing is is bullshit."

I recommend if you are serious about losing weight then track your total calories each day and look at the average over 7 days.

If you want to put on muscle eat a high protein diet and lift some heavy weights.

P.S. And since we are posting meat pictures - here are two bone in ribeyes I cooked the other day.

I like your meat.

• Haha
Reactions: JRaven and Geno C.

SmileMaker

Private
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2004
Central Ohio
5-6 days of fat fast will help break the plateau " A Fat Fast is short, 3 to 5 day cycle when you follow a strict weight loss meal plan to induce ketosis and break through any metabolic stalls. When used in addition to your regular low carb healthy diet plan, your Fat Fast jump starts weight loss whether you’re going low carb for the first time or powering through a plateau. " https://www.carbsmart.com/fatfast.html