• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Keyhole issue

The amount of times I’ve heard “oh, it’ll be the (insert name here)” and monkeys just start swapping out perfectly serviceable parts with no troubleshooting or confirming of defective components simply astounds me.

They’ll then stand there scratching their heads and mumbling about how “well that usually fixes the problem, what do we do now?”.

Those fuckers are the very same ones that will make smart ass remarks and laugh at anyone actually fault finding and heaven help you if those kind of cunts find you with a torque wrench or service manual.........

Aren't those the same guys that work all of the auto repair, motorcycle/ATV repair and boat repair shops?

Reactions: Holliday
I do tech support every day for motorcycle fuel solutions I designed and sell. Most are diy-ers and believe me that is better than mechanics w/ 30 year experience any day.

I always tell folks to think in very simple terms and whatever you are sure it isn’t, triple check that. I have had three customers with not enough gas in their tank this year. They never think to go to reserve. “ The bike starts and then it dies. I can’t figure out what’s wrong. I’ve checked everything “

I've got a golf cart in my driveway that I'm going to fix for a friend. Someone else just got through looking at it and he's stumped.

First question I ask him, is it fully charged?

He turns the key on and says yep, look at the gauge.

I bring it home and check two things before I even unhooked the trailer.
The battery terminals are corroded to shit and the system has 8.36v.

I guess I'll start with a cleanup and a recharge.

Simple stuff first.

@Spaztikhi one of the first things I learned about troubleshooting is this:

Go from the known, to the unknown.

Don't speculate, don't guess, don't bypass simple solutions because it doesn't seem correct.

Know, before you go on to something else.

You wouldn't believe how many times I've seen guys waaaaay over think simple problems.

Reactions: Spaztikhi
Have you confirmed twist rate? Send a rod with a patch down the bore and measure the rate of twist...

It'll probably be twisted properly but unless you try, you don't know that...

Reactions: Snuby642
Have you confirmed that the barrel is actually chambered for 6.5 Creed? By that I mean, is the bore diameter actually 6.5mm? is it possible they cut a 6.5 Creed chamber into a 30 cal barrel?

Reactions: hangunnr
Have you confirmed that the barrel is actually chambered for 6.5 Creed? By that I mean, is the bore diameter actually 6.5mm? is it possible they cut a 6.5 Creed chamber into a 30 cal barrel?
That was the idea behind the slugging the bore recommendation in post #23, to see what the bore dimensions are.

Reactions: CShooter92
Have you confirmed twist rate? Send a rod with a patch down the bore and measure the rate of twist...

It'll probably be twisted properly but unless you try, you don't know that...
Now that I could handle, but again I'm hoping the gunsmith can shed light

I know what the problem is...

It's the engraving on the rifle. You really need to watch out for this. I've seen this before where a buyer selects a rifle with incorrect engraving.,,, Often times rifles engraved with RUGER on them do not perform as expected. You might try a rifle engraved differently such as Bergara, Cadex, Sig Sauer, MPA, Daniel Defense, heck even Remington and see if that corrects the problem.

Reactions: jtackmann
Good thing they're riding bikes and not flying airplanes............

One customer, nicest guy you could ask for, had his cables on backwards. He literally took the bike for a ride and called me to tell me his throttle was working opposite of normal. He is a mechanical inspector for a major airline.... 😳 True story.

• Wow
Reactions: 308pirate
Remington core loct 140gr (orange tape) 100 yards. After a major bore scrub, and sighting starting at 25 yards, then 100. After this ran 2 shots of the Hornady 147 with no issue other than low, and left. 308pirate You da man, I'm an over thinker and wearing a dunce hat.
Resized_20200816_191359.jpeg

Last edited: