• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Keystone Accuracy Barrel Sale

That’s a great deal! I’d previously read somewhere that they put a hold on origin shouldered prefits, any word on if they started doing them again?

I just checked with John. That was resolved then next day after he talked to Ray.. so yes they offer Origin prefits

I wished they would offer shouldered Tikka prefits. I would buy a couple. They are holding out for some reason. I called several months ago and asked about it and was told it is a tolerance issue because of a mass produced action. ? It didn’t seem to matter that many others are offering them and have been.

I’m sure they have their reasons.

Reactions: padom
I wished they would offer shouldered Tikka prefits. I would buy a couple. They are holding out for some reason. I called several months ago and asked about it and was told it is a tolerance issue because of a mass produced action. ? It didn’t seem to matter that many others are offering them and have been.

I’m sure they have their reasons.
He had issues with origins. John is very particular. And that's not a bad thing.

But if he had 100 T3X in front of him to measure maybe that would change but that's probably not his thing

Reactions: wade2big
Send your Tikka in and get as many sale barrels as you want to put on the shelf..then your action will be measured and on file for all future prefits you want. Not that hard
I don’t like to send my actions. This is the reason I like prefits. You are correct that if I do it once i could use the barrels across any of my Tikka actions and will have a second source besides PVA for high quality barrels. I may do it this time.

I may even do it with my Sako TRG. PVA is the only guys doing shouldered prefits for these guys as well.

Some of it is expense too. And machine time loss. How many people are buying 3-5 barrels a year shooting a tikka versus a Zermatt or Impact or ARC

While yeah there are people getting them for tikka especially with the new 'medium's length saum/sherman/prc length cartridges. Its nothing compared to the custom actions

Reactions: Lunchbox27
Is this anywhere on their site yet? I can’t find anything. Or is it a call in thing only?

Who makes their button blanks and does anyone have experience with them?
His button barrels are green mountain blanks. He turns them to whatever contour you want. I have one and it shoots very well. Thru a borescope it looks good, not Krieger or Bartlein good but much better than most factory barrels. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if i needed to save some $$ on a project.

Reactions: Kbh
Perfect timing.

I was thinking about trying 6br and my friends 6.5 barrel is about shot out.

I just ordered a prefit from him- turn around time was less than 2 weeks and was super easy to work with

I emailed late last night asking about Tikka prefits and received a very lengthy detailed response from John at 6:30am this morning.

I never heard of a unchambered prefit....that would be a blank....of course it does

wasn’t sure. I havent had to buy a barrel before but my 260 is just about burned out. I wasn’t sure if that only included threading the barrel for the action and contour cutting.

When? That doesn't sound right. The barrel sale is pretty clear
Sent him an email last week. Gave the specs of what I was looking for and wasn't sure of the terms of the sale as I couldnt locate this thread again. Told me, yes, I can make that. Said, OK, what costs am I looking at. No answer.

Sent him an email last week. Gave the specs of what I was looking for and wasn't sure of the terms of the sale as I couldnt locate this thread again. Told me, yes, I can make that. Said, OK, what costs am I looking at. No answer.

Did you call them? Or email them again? Maybe he didn't get it. That's what I would have done

@Carlos Danger I would just called him, he picked up on the second ring when I called. I think the price is on the flyer and add a little extra for shipping

Must resist 22 Creedmoor...
Only 6.5 or 7 twists for a 22 cal. I would have gotten another 22creed or a 22br barrel by now if it were an 8 twist to help keep the rpms below 300k. .

And only 7.5 twist in the 6mm, I would have gotten myself a dasher if it were a 7 twist.

Wish they twists-cals were reversed.

Pondering getting a 6.5 creed remage and forgoing the 6xc it would be replacing.

Only 6.5 or 7 twists for a 22 cal. I would have gotten another 22creed or a 22br barrel by now if it were an 8 twist to help keep the rpms below 300k. .

And only 7.5 twist in the 6mm, I would have gotten myself a dasher if it were a 7 twist.

Wish they twists-cals were reversed.

Pondering getting a 6.5 creed remage and forgoing the 6xc it would be replacing.

I'm gonna make this real easy for you. They will include 22cal 8 twist GM or Kreiger in this sale. Call Keystone.

They will include 7 twist 6mm Kreiger in this sale. Faster 6mm GM has is 7.5 twist if you want button. Call them.

How's that?

Ordered me a 223 .115 freebore M24 for my TL3. Been wanting to build a 223 for a while to match my 6 Dasher and couldn't resist any longer. Hope the 75gr ELD-Ms work well with the 7 twist, wanting to shoot fairly cheap reloads to get some serious rounds down range instead of burning Bergers and barrel life on my Dasher!

Ordered me a 223 .115 freebore M24 for my TL3. Been wanting to build a 223 for a while to match my 6 Dasher and couldn't resist any longer. Hope the 75gr ELD-Ms work well with the 7 twist, wanting to shoot fairly cheap reloads to get some serious rounds down range instead of burning Bergers and barrel life on my Dasher!

.223 wylde 7wist is optimal for 75 eld. I've been shooting a bunch of Keystone 7 twist Krieger 223 wilde with 75 Eld. .115 freebore is gonna be for much longer heavier bullets

This sale is perfectly timed.
I’m probably a bit over half the life on my current barrel from Keysone and was getting a bit antsy about shooting it a lot.

As a side note the machining and chamber of my current barrel is amazing:)