• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing kicked a booner in allegheny county today

jayd4wg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2009
Steel City
Went out with the 22mag today looking to put a couple large fox sq's in the freezer today. Stopped on stalk to survey when I heard a rustle in the standing corn... I spent the next 30 seconds face to face with a symmetrical 6x6 with long main beams. I raised my rifle to closely examine his rack and whispered "yer dead" and lowered the 22. He broke slowly into the corn. I spent the next few mins coming to grips. I kicked him again about 3 hrs later about 50 yds from the same spot. I know where me and the bow are going next Saturday...

Re: kicked a booner in allegheny county today

Here is wishing you the best of luck with your bow.

I also had the lovely experience of being propped up on a tree last weekend about to shoot a squirrel when a nice 4x5 popped out behind me pushing through the thicket....I was also pissed I didn't have my bow. I was out in Butler County though.

Any luck out there today with the foxes? I wacked one last Saturday along with 5 greys. I was using a CZ 452 American .17HM2. That sucked does all I could ever need!

Good luck! I've had something similar happen but never reconnected so here's to hoping you nab him! Post pics if you smoke him.

Hope you are successful in finding that buck again and putting him down. Look forward to the story and pics!