• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kicking a man while he is down

RebelYell

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2010
Iowa
I went to a funeral tonight of a friend...his wife had died at the age of 60. Very nice funeral...when he arrived home he found his 52" TV and his gun case empty. The guy was a big hunter and collector.

Apparently the bad guys are reading the obituaries and finding out when the services are being held and breaking in and stealing whats left of a persons life.

Just a heads up.

Re: Kicking a man while he is down

Death to the thieves would be justice. Or at least cut off some arms...hands maybe?

It would deter some of them.

What a terrible thing to happen on a day like that.

Man that is so fucking wrong.
To lose a wife is bad enough but to lose your guns too!
I hope they get caught and ass invaded in jail EVERYDAY for 20 years to come.

My father was pretty old when he died and was the youngest of 11. So....his family was very old-school and also quite large. Translation, lots of funerals. They always designated someone in the family to stay at home during funerals to watch the house in order to prevent such an occurance. Probably a good idea now that I look back.

Wow, just wow, I can't believe someone would do such a think, its such a vile thing to do. If I was a relative or a friend of the man, I would hunt these people down if they did that to my father (this man in the story reminds me of him).

Goes to the old saying "no honor among thieves". Makes me ask the question. Are thieves more cold blooded than in the past? If they are is it just because modern media lets us hear more stories and more information from each story?

That has been going on since forever. It's always a good idea to get someone to house sit during the services.

Thats messed up. Last year we had to leave someone at my grand mothers house during her service because of that same issue.

I almost puked when i heard that...I called every pawn shop and gun shop in a 100 mile radius to keep a look out for them. I hope to hell I get them before the cops do.

This post is just to open your eyes a bit about things you wouldn't think normally would happen.

Thats horrendous. I hope he gets his stuff back.

Just when you think mankind can't sink any fuckin lower, you read shit like this. Death would be too good for these worthless scumbags. They should be strung up by their ankles with guitar wire...and...I'm sure you can come up with the rest.

Condolences to your friend. I thought this occurs only in shit holes like South Florida and not in Iowa, I guess I'm mistaken. Have a plan of action for this situation and implement it. You want the plot to go down according to your script not their's.

My thoughts go out to your friend.

This is normal in Ireland where I grew up. Also normal is someone staying at the house during the service - to keep an eye on things.

The worse the economy gets, the more we will see of this sort of thing.

And yes - death sounds like good punishment. Arm the housesitter.