• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Kidd 10/22,s

citabria

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2008
missouri
Ive heard of Kidd 10/22,s. Do they make 10/22,s to sell, and does any of you guys have pics to post.How do they compare to any of the other 10/22,s.

Re: Kidd 10/22,s

Yes, KIDD does offer complete rifles. The best way to see what's up is to go to their website http://www.coolguyguns.com/ and check out their options. Their quality is superb and their rifles are known to be stellar shooters. They offer a ton of options as far as stocks are concerned and the other options are extensive. I've shot a KIDD Supergrade action in a McMillan STC stock and it was awesome. The owner had a 'basic' Leupold rimfire scope on it, but it easily shot around a 1/2" at 50 yards. I think you'd look long and hard for anyone who knows to say KIDD stuff is anything but great.
As far as comparing them to other stuff, a KIDD will shoot just about as good as any other 22 unless you move into sure enough match quality rifles like Anschutz and the like, but IMO that's another league of rifles.

I agree with everything stated above. You can buy a complete rifle from Kidd but be aware that you will have to pay a 17% Federal tax on top of the cost of the rifle (it is stated on their site).

I built my Rifle with his single-stage trigger, lightweight bbl, scalloped bolt and receiver. It all sits in a Boyds OD tacticool stock with a swfa 6x42 on top. This gun has never skipped a beat and has excellent accuracy. The SH .22 challenge targets don't stand a chance!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Kidd is one rifle I won't sell...ever. </div></div>

This is awesome to hear and a powerful statement. My next project is a .22 build for my youngest son and I'm considering Kidd as a source.

Same here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Kidd is one rifle I won't sell...ever. </div></div>

Don't ask to buy mine because I will NEVER sell mine, plus my 10 yr old shoots .2 groups with wolf match target ammo all day long. He loves that rifle!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Kidd is one rifle I won't sell...ever. </div></div> </div></div>

YES, they are great rifles, mine runs like a little sewing machine. .2" 5-shot groups are not uncommon at all.

PS- the excise tax that is charged upon purchase of a complete Kidd rifle is only 11% and this charge is federally mandated and charged on every new gun purchase. Tony simply marks it as a line item on your sales invoice as opposed to just boosting the price of his rifles 11% as most other mfg's do to cover this cost

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SOCAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">YES, they are great rifles, mine runs like a little sewing machine. .2" 5-shot groups are not uncommon at all.

PS- the excise tax that is charged upon purchase of a complete Kidd rifle is only 11% and this charge is federally mandated and charged on every new gun purchase. Tony simply marks it as a line item on your sales invoice as opposed to just boosting the price of his rifles 11% as most other mfg's do to cover this cost </div></div>

because he sells the rifles for the parts price, no charge for assembly - also he can only sell a limited # of full units per year, so you have to check

very nice people to do business with and a great product - now, I actually would sell mine, this thing should be shot and it is not happening with mine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jesus, they are THAT good? </div></div>

yeah, but they are also that expensive

I bought one of his barrels for one of my 10/22s and man it was one of the best investments I've made. It is scary how accurate it will shoot.

I hear that if you buy a gun from Kidd and not add the stock to complete the rifle you will not be charged tax, due to not being a complete gun. Is this true?

I was thinking of the same thing. At the same time Id rather have him bed it. Id like the one with the rear tang. Call him up see what he says.

Kidd rifles are well made and are super accurate.

Kidd20001.jpg

Kidd10001.jpg

Kidd30001.jpg

200 yard yard prone match. They will run with and beat the bolt rifles.

Burbank200yardrimfire1-29-1150001-1.jpg

Burbank200yardrimfire1-29-1110001-1.jpg

Well i went ahead and bought an almost complete kidd tonight minus the factory receiver. Cant wait to see how it shoots. I also ordered a new barrel and such to build one for my wife and daughter. I hope the KIDD setup is perfect.

Does anyone know if there is a big accurcy difference between the supergrade and the classic?

No there is not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sikocycles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if there is a big accurcy difference between the supergrade and the classic?
</div></div>

Good to know.
Shooter65 what stock is that? Complete gun from Kidd?

Does anyone know what and how much of a difference there is between the stock Ruger Receiver and the KIDD version?

depends what you get on the kidd receiver, it can be set up for rear lug and threaded on barrel, or nearly the same as ruger

it is a Bell and Carlson. I have done numerous experimenting with tuners and grommets for barrel vibration reduction. For a BR rifle a tuner is a must. These grommets work great on the end of the Kidd barrel. I tried them at many different locations on the barrel. Ended up with 6 at the muzzle. As far as the classic and super grade, it comes down to a threaded or not threaded action. Kidd makes a great barrel and that is where the accuracy is. The tang is a great idea and I have had 2 AMT Challenge Editions that were set up that way. Both very accurate but also had Shilen barrels on them. I have found if you do not over tighten the slip on barrels they work best. 15-20 inch lbs. The rest really comes down to ammo and the shooters ability. Plus the Kidd trigger is awesome.

grommetts20001_zps8c9ad559.jpg

grommetts10001_zps058a36fa.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sikocycles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to know.
Shooter65 what stock is that? Complete gun from Kidd? </div></div>

+1 with my supergrade. It's that great.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scottsnipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't ask to buy mine because I will NEVER sell mine, plus my 10 yr old shoots .2 groups with wolf match target ammo all day long. He loves that rifle!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Kidd is one rifle I won't sell...ever. </div></div> </div></div> </div></div>

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

This is one of my host. Kidd barrel and bolt. PC adj sear trigger. Very accurate. Tony Kidd has great stuff.

Does anyone know if Kidd is pretty good with his lead time estimates?

Also, is 100% upfront necessary or can you pay like half and get him started? Between the rifle and the can and stamp this is going to be pricey-

Just put together my 10/22

All kidd parts except tac sol threaded barrel.
hogue stock.

love the single stage kidd trigger at 1.5 pounds

Will be great for instructing and fun plinking.
Especially with my legal in Texas suppressor on it!