• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kidd Barrel for 10/22, discount?

Ajwillly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
Ohio
From what I’ve read they are worth every penny but just out of curiosity has anyone ever seen them go on sale or have coupon codes sent out for them?
I’m probably going to go with the stainless match bull barrel 16.5 inch and run a suppressor on it

They just raised prices so I doubt they will have a sale anytime soon, I think they do a blk friday and maybe veterans day sales

Only Kidd discounts I have ever seen are free shipping on Black Friday. Still worth it even with their recent price increase. Cost of everything going up now, but hey, stimulus $.

Ya kidd has gotten really high. I have 3 barrels. With one paticular brand of ammo or with center x they are very accurate. Ammo picky, at least mine are. Its top shelf or they arent having it.

I’m about ready to order my barrel, I’ve never messed with a Precision 10/22 before.
What’s the ideal barrel length? I will be shooting it suppressed occasionally so I was thinking 16.5 but if there is any added benefit going to an 18 I would.

Suppressed I use 16.5” threaded ss bull barrel on my supergrade. When not using a can I have a 18” leightweight or a 20” ss tapered barrel installed. I prefer the 20” tapered for unsupported offhand shooting but for belly steel competition I will use the 16.5” bull barrel. If I was forced into only having one it would be the 16.5” bull barrel as it fulfills all my 10/22 needs.

Reactions: nakoa01
I primarily run suppressed (4" suppressor) and love the 16.5" length. That's paired with a magpul x22 stock, qd sling attachment midway up the stock makes for a great carry length.

Love my Kidd, but running a ULW, not trying for super precision. Very happy, like TacSol, but much better consistency/QC.

Reactions: el-rey
Love my Kidd, but running a ULW, not trying for super precision. Very happy, like TacSol, but much better consistency/QC.
Think you will be pleasantly surprised at how well the ULW can shoot. I've had 2 and still have one. Both shot great. I also currently own a 16-1/2" SS Fluted, 20" SS Bead Blasted Bull and they all shoot great!
Chris

Look at Feddersen, they're just as good IMO, that being said I have two green mountain barrels that shoot one hole at 25 with CCI SV and if I'm doing my part it's pretty close to the same at 50. Bipod and rear bag, I don't ever use a benchrest setup.