• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KIDD

I have used the Mc Millan and the Titan .. for the price the Titan cant be beat

I finally got my supergrade barreled action in yesterday. I put it in the titan victor stock with the kidd/titan anchor. Just returned from the range and very disgusted/disappointed. The best group I could manage at 50 yards was about the size of a golf ball with CCI SV and SK standard plus. Exactly 100 rounds fired. Now I'm no marksman, but i have no problem shooting dime sized groups at 50 yards with my t1x with same ammo. Athlon Midas Tac scope used on both rifles today.

So, did I expect too much from the Kidd? Does it have a break in period? At this point, it's going up for sale unless I'm missing something.

You bought an expensive rifle, don't skimp on the ammo. Center X shoots very well in my Kidd Supergrade. Aim point for the top group was the top loop of the 8, the second group aim point was the lower loop of the 8. Aim point for the bottom group was loop of 9.

I shot this target on Wednesday of this week, in preparation or a 22 match on Saturday.

IMG_3129.JPG

Reactions: nakoa01
I have an 18" kidd barrel in stock ruger reciever with a kidd bolt in a magpul hunter stock... I am getting right about .25 to .375" at 50 yards consistently with CCI SV. Your rifle system should be able to perform at least as well if not better than mine. I would start eliminating variables, swap optics, swap shooter, swap ammo....narrow down the issue.

I just ordered Kidd Super Grade and am wondering how Lapua cycles and groups. I have a bunch of Center-X and am hoping it will work well. Please share you experience.

Thanks!

Reactions: nakoa01
Center x runs perfect in mine. And my Kidd prefers over everything else.
As for groups at 50, I cover mine with a dime. It shoots as good as anything else I have. It is super consistent. If I am at 10 o'clock on the bull, every group with that ammo from group number 1 til I stop shooting will be exactly the same spot from bull to bull. Shot may get away from tome to time but the group will be same location.

Reactions: RainierRimfire
I have a 10/22 in a Magpul stock , ordering a barrel that’s threaded to host my TBAC suppressor. Now I’m reading all this shit about “kidd guts” and all that so can someone please elaborate what this entails. I’ll get the barrel (probably a Kidd, and what else is there? Actually I already have the BX trigger.
What else can I do??

Kidd guts can mean (he makes and sells all of the below)
Bolt, firing pin, extractor
Charging handle, guide rod and springs
Trigger/fire control group (or trigger kit)
Bolt buffer

you can send your receiver and have all of the internals tunes by Randy at CPC if you want also.

barrel wise I would stick with Kidd ULW or LWif I were you (I am testing a new barrel mfg but your best bet for a good barrel is Kidd or Feddersen imho without breaking the bank).

How does a Kidd Super Grade perform with a suppressor?

After 9 months of waiting I just received my stamp for a Dead Air Mask. My K-SD should be here Tuesday, then I get to wait another 2+ weeks for my background check to clear.....

Last edited:
I have a 10/22 in a Magpul stock , ordering a barrel that’s threaded to host my TBAC suppressor. Now I’m reading all this shit about “kidd guts” and all that so can someone please elaborate what this entails. I’ll get the barrel (probably a Kidd, and what else is there? Actually I already have the BX trigger.
What else can I do??
Tony Kidd told me that while the barrel is important, the bolt is just as critical and often overlooked.

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976
I just bought this used Kidd Supergrade .22lr, Victor Titan Stock, 16.5 Fluted Threaded Barrel and Kidd Red 2 Stage straight trigger. I put a Tract rimfire scope and an Atlas bipod on it. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to shoot it because all the ranges closed, Coronavirus.
0A5FBFB2-FFAF-4DDB-BAD3-B5CF72E43904.jpeg

So I've got the urge for a semi auto .22 and looking at the kidd. While I'd love to get a full build from them, it's out of my current 1k budget. Is the barrel swap capability the main difference between classic slip and supergrade models? I'm looking at maybe getting their receiver, barrel, trigger, and bolt. I dont really like the x 22 stock offered, plus with tax it would be in the $1500 range for full build with stock.

What are some other stock offerings maybe similar to a krg bravo?

Thanks for any help. This will be a bench gun and then passed to my grandson in a few years.
Simple barrel swap will get you in the 180-184 range on the ABRA tgt, using random decent 4-8 buck a box stuff

Kidd guts can mean (he makes and sells all of the below)
Bolt, firing pin, extractor
Charging handle, guide rod and springs
Trigger/fire control group (or trigger kit)
Bolt buffer

you can send your receiver and have all of the internals tunes by Randy at CPC if you want also.

barrel wise I would stick with Kidd ULW or LWif I were you (I am testing a new barrel mfg but your best bet for a good barrel is Kidd or Feddersen imho without breaking the bank).
Randy at CPC is GTG. Best money ever spent

Great looking rifles everyone and great shooting to, I wish I could get CCI std to do well for me, I have really had no luck with it in anything at 50 yards.

Simple barrel swap will get you in the 180-184 range on the ABRA tgt, using random decent 4-8 buck a box stuff

I purchased a Supergrade with a titan stock. Sold it a couple weeks later..not my cup of tea

I have the Kidd bolt, trigger and assorted parts on my Ruger. Using a Green Mountain barrel which will be replaced with a Kidd. I like the Magpul X22 stock. Much better than the Hogue which it replaced. Enjoy the ride!

Great looking rifles everyone and great shooting to, I wish I could get CCI std to do well for me, I have really had no luck with it in anything at 50 yards.

I'm genuinely confounded by the results other folks report from CCI Std. I've shot thousands of rounds of this stuff and I've never encountered a box that was better than 1.5 to 2 MOA at 50 yards. I run it through my MK IV pistol, so every time I buy a new lot I test it in my Kidds and my CZ and it always disappoints.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 2.16.35 PM.png

Ive tried a lot of ammunition through my Kidd. Performance is directly tied to price, though the law of diminishing returns reigns at the top end. Center X provides the best cost/performance ratio- for me. Others have different requirements for performance and/or frugality.

I shot some CCI standard yesterday through my 457 MTR for practice my results were just like always, out of about 20 groups, I had a few that were pretty good, maybe 5 or 6 out of 20 groups, the rest went from all over the place to 3 or 4 in a nice group with 1 or 2 fliers that were an inch or more from the group, with the fliers being either very high or very low most of the time. I am not bashing CCI, if it works for you thats great.

I wanted my Kidd Supergrade in a GRS stock because only a custom stock is better ergonomically for me. GRS makes a stock for a Ruger 10/22 but not for the Kidd rear tang. That additional inletting and bedding was expertly done by George at SonoranGunstocks.com. George even drilled the appropriate channel so can change barrels without removing the action.

The weapon system is: (1). Kidd Supergrade with 20” 0.920 barrel and two-stage 8 oz/8 oz trigger; (2). GRS laminated Sporter stock; (3). Murphy Precision steel 20 MOA Picatinny rail; (4). Swaro 3.5 to 28 x 50 scope with ballistic turrets for windage and elevation; (5). Spuhr QDP 3006 mount; (6). TAB tactical sling; (7). Atlas bipod; (8). MDT muzzle brake.

At moment the function of the bipod, sling and muzzle brake is to add mass since my game is shooting standing offhand. Their secondary function is to look cool. If you cannot shoot well at least you can look cool.

My initial goal is shooting ten shots within a minute and have all shots contained within a 6 MOA diameter disk.

P1010005_DxO.jpg

P1010010_DxO.jpg

P1010012_DxO.jpg

I wanted my Kidd Supergrade in a GRS stock because only a custom stock is better ergonomically for me. GRS makes a stock for a Ruger 10/22 but not for the Kidd rear tang. That additional inletting and bedding was expertly done by George at SonoranGunstocks.com. George even drilled the appropriate channel so can change barrels without removing the action.

What was the turnaround time for this work?

I do not have a Kidd, but if the holes for the rail are the same as a 10/22, Ruger makes a 40MOA rail, which may help some looking for more range without holding over. Assuming you can still shoot it at 25 or 50 yards, whatever your zero is.

I do not have a Kidd, but if the holes for the rail are the same as a 10/22, Ruger makes a 40MOA rail, which may help some looking for more range without holding over. Assuming you can still shoot it at 25 or 50 yards, whatever your zero is.

Kidd uses a slightly offset 3 hole pattern on his rails.
Hopefully he will offer a 30 or 40 MOA rail in the future.

Reactions: MLS2GO
This is my most fun rifle, second is the M2HB. Liberty Pinnacle 2 integrally suppressed barrel is the most quiet suppressor I've ever heard or owned. I have a Regulator (Liberty also) and wet it's so quiet I had to put it on the PPK since it has the most quiet action. This Integral is even more quiet than that dry, it's just the sound of the action really and that's it. It does give up some accuracy, but I swear the bored out 16" Green Mountain NM bull barrel with 4" left is every bit as accurate and probably more so than a factory Ruger barrel. (Kinda wonder how cool it'd be to have six of these in one of those Gatling setups but that's a different story I guess).

The Kidd action is superb and I used Kidd throughout. 1 stage trigger kept cost down a little, but it's actually the ideal trigger for this rifle. Crisp and short and light enough, it's pretty damn fast and easy and that's what I was looking for. Stock is Titan (if you get one remember you need the tang extension from TITAN and not Kidd!) and I don't think you can do better for the price, it's really nice. Vortex PST 1-4x MOA gets the job done with fine reticle and subtensions, mounted in USO rings because I had 'em and they fit, small Harris bipod gets it done and I forget where I got the leather sling, I had it already, but it's 3/4 size copy that can be used just like the original and is very nice when not in prone.

Only Ruger parts are the anniversary edition clear 10rd. mags. I love their clear rotary mags and they'll always have a customer in me for those at least.

In retrospect I wish I'd given more consideration to the MOA receiver and I wish I'd have had the receiver and barrel both threaded and loctited in place. Other than that, no regrets.

Man this thing is fun, I wanna go shoot it right now just looking at it. I've murdered more soda cans than I care to count with this thing. Sometimes shooting should just be fun and nothing else. This is the tool for that. It's also rare you get exactly what you wanted without having to gut the bank account over it.

Literally sounds like snapping your fingers...

IMG_0837.JPG

Reactions: jeronimo
I couldn't be more satisfied with the Victor Company Titan22 stock for my Kidd barreled action :)

I added the Henderson Precision Universal 10" Rail to mine :cool:

Last edited:
Victor Co. Titan, Kidd single stage 2lb, Kidd bolt buffer, Kidd ultralight barrel, DIP 25 MOA rail, Bushy Nitro 2.5-10x44 in Warne rings (thanks @gr8fuldoug ). Haven't shot the barrel and scope yet... stupid 'rona closures. Started life as a wood stocked carbine. Love the stock and have shot it with original barrel on bench and offhand. Fits me well with no cheek riser. Oh - I have under $900 in it including glass, rings, rail, and all upgrades.

Semper Fidelis,
Aaron

Attachments

• 20200413_202759.jpg
    20200413_202759.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: Oldswagman
I'm genuinely confounded by the results other folks report from CCI Std. I've shot thousands of rounds of this stuff and I've never encountered a box that was better than 1.5 to 2 MOA at 50 yards. I run it through my MK IV pistol, so every time I buy a new lot I test it in my Kidds and my CZ and it always disappoints.
I've had my KSM for several months now, and am very pleased with performance and accuracy. (When I ordered the rifle I asked if they recommended a particular brand of ammo and the gal that I talked to suggested trying CCI STD Velocity) I ordered a couple of boxes of various brands of ammunition from Midway (CCI, Ely, SK, FED, etc. match loads) to test with. I have several other .22's, one of which has the Victor stock, match barrel and trigger. CCI (for my rifles at least) seems to be the most accurate for the money. At $.07 it is much less expensive than SK or Ely and accuracy at 50yd is on par. (at least through my rifles) Past 100yd is where I see some benefits in the more pricy ammo. For example, SK rifle match shoots very well past 100yd, but so does the CCI Mini Mag Target for less money. I've attached a couple sample targets from just before our local authorities closed down ranges because of the Wuhan Virus.

Attachments

• 200102-SK-RM-IMG_3557.jpg
    200102-SK-RM-IMG_3557.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 200102-SK-RM-IMG_4467.jpg
    200102-SK-RM-IMG_4467.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 200102-IMG_0030.jpg
    200102-IMG_0030.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 200102-IMG_1708.jpg
    200102-IMG_1708.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 43
Another good round out of my KSM was the Aguila Super Match. Not sure what the FPS is of that round. 5 shot group, but it was pretty consistent.

Attachments

• 200102-AG-SE-IMG_1846.jpg
    200102-AG-SE-IMG_1846.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 200102-AG-SE-IMG_2678.jpg
    200102-AG-SE-IMG_2678.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: SourMash