• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

kimber from cmp

preaction

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2010
does anyone have any experiance with these .22's these guns are 43 inches long adjustable trigger 3 but plate spacers, weighs 10 and three quarter pounds and is brand new for 600 bucks.

Re: kimber from cmp

A shooting buddy of mine says the one he has is really accurate. Been considering one for myself. Go for it!!

I have one that was graded as a rusty new never issued from the Cmp
but because some jackpine cut the box open to do inventory with a box cutter he left a 3 inch cut in the stock that is almost invisible to the eye.
It was graded as such but since it will be a shooter the cut means nothing to me .
The one I have has the Anschutz stock which was used for the first 1000 rifles .it is a great looking rifle .
My daughter will be shooting it this spring im sure it will perform flawlessly like we would expect from that level of a
22lr .

bought one a while ago, scary accurate but there is not an aftermarket for them like the 40x .22 just something to think about

Great Gun For The Money!
CMP "Rusty's" Are A STEAL @ 400.00
If You're Lucky, & Are Close To Alabama or Ohio, And You Meet The CMP Qualifications. You Can "Cherry-Pick" One & Take It Home With You Right Then And There! No FFL, No Wait, NOTHING!
Most "Rusty's" Can't Be Told From The "New" $600.00 One's !!!

I love mine. I put a cheap 6X20 bsa scope on mine and at 50 yda its a 1 hole gun with any ammo. really good ammo is one little hole. I was playing at the range awhile back anr at 300 yds i was bouncing golf ball all around...some people dont think a .22 will even shoot that far...lol. you cant even see the razor cut ..320 wet sand seel wool and linseed oil its beautiful wood btw...go for it

A couple years ago CMP had used ones for 150.00. I have yet to shoot it but Greg sure new how to make a pretty rifle in Clackamus, OR.

I'm a fan. I had one before I got my 40x. Good shooter. I'd go for a "rusty" for $400. Stock is huge, I'd trim a little.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: preaction</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone have any experiance with these .22's these guns are 43 inches long adjustable trigger 3 but plate spacers, weighs 10 and three quarter pounds and is brand new for 600 bucks. </div></div>
The Kimber Model 82 that the CMP sells are Single Shots, just like the 40Xs' they sell. I'd pass and spend a little more and buy a used Kimber Model 82 Sporter (Repeater) off of GunAmerica or GunBroker. A Kimber of Oregon gun is preferable, but the "Kimber 22" produced by Kimber New York are good rifles as well.

Sometimes you can find Model 82 Sporters in good condition for under $700.00 (these would be the most common "Classic" model) but depending upon the condition and particular model they can sell for $2,000.00+ for rare special editions. PM me if you have any questions about Kimbers.

Keith