kimber rifles

Bubb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2007
Pa, York co. Dover
Looking a at getting a great production hunting rifle. I did my research on weatherbys and found some had problems with accuacy and triggers? So my second choice is a Kimber 8400 mag 300 win. Do any of you guys have a Montana? Seems I remeber they come with test target and should be just over 1K... Just would like to see. Thanks Jason

rdmega

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2011
utah
Re: kimber rifles

They work ok for a hunting rifle, Kimber should stay with 1911's though. It is very overpriced, I almost bought one till I got a loaner one from a friend and tried it on the elk hunt. I also shot it quite a bit before and it was an moa gun that was it. I like Tikka's for the money, they give a better value. Our store has both Weatherby and Kimber, less complaints about the Weatherby stuff for what its worth.

Shortdraw

Alaskan Guide
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Kodiak, Alaska

Great rifles if you don't mind 1-2moa. Or worse... Out of three I have shot one was about 2moa, one was around 1moa, and one couldn't hold a 4" group @100 yards. The fit and finish is great and they are super light weight.

Bubb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2007
Pa, York co. Dover

@3$%!*&%$##$ 2 moa... that wont work? Maybe I should just get a savage and trick it out? I know accutriger has alot of moving parts. I could replace with a timmeny. Have the thing pillar bedded or glass bedded and see what I got? Thanks guys

khallmark

Private
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2009
Florence, Tx

While i agree they might be a little over priced, in my experience they shoot very good for a light weight hunting rifle. My 300 wsm will shoot under moa, as would a 338 federal and a 7/08 that belonged to my brother. He did have a 260 that would never shoot, but that can happen with any factory rifle.

Kevin

swimmer105

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2011
CA

I never knew kimber rifles were so bad. They look very nice and a price to match the looks but I would've thought they would be decent out of the box. I guess not

Ol Rob

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
Tifton, Ga.

Remington Model 700. Model Seven for short actions. IMHO My lomg action gun is a Mountain rifle. Get a higher end model with a good factory stock, nothing from Wally World.
Rob

VaFarmer1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2011
Southwest Virginia

Never had a problem with accuracy from a mark v and I have a few.
The triggers can be little heavy but it's an easy fix.
Don't know about the vanguards.

I have never owned a savage but after reading on here it would seem they build some pretty accurate rifles for the money.

VarmitSpecial

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2009
Columbus, OH

I have used a Kimber 300WM to elk hunt the last 3 years and have had success. I reload and it shoots well under 1 MOA. Plus the kimber is the lightest factory rifle I have ever handled. I would buy one again, definetly over a Savage.