• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

kimber rifles

Bubb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2007
Pa, York co. Dover
Looking a at getting a great production hunting rifle. I did my research on weatherbys and found some had problems with accuacy and triggers? So my second choice is a Kimber 8400 mag 300 win. Do any of you guys have a Montana? Seems I remeber they come with test target and should be just over 1K... Just would like to see. Thanks Jason

Re: kimber rifles

They work ok for a hunting rifle, Kimber should stay with 1911's though. It is very overpriced, I almost bought one till I got a loaner one from a friend and tried it on the elk hunt. I also shot it quite a bit before and it was an moa gun that was it. I like Tikka's for the money, they give a better value. Our store has both Weatherby and Kimber, less complaints about the Weatherby stuff for what its worth.

Great rifles if you don't mind 1-2moa. Or worse... Out of three I have shot one was about 2moa, one was around 1moa, and one couldn't hold a 4" group @100 yards. The fit and finish is great and they are super light weight.

@3$%!*&%$##$ 2 moa... that wont work? Maybe I should just get a savage and trick it out? I know accutriger has alot of moving parts. I could replace with a timmeny. Have the thing pillar bedded or glass bedded and see what I got? Thanks guys

While i agree they might be a little over priced, in my experience they shoot very good for a light weight hunting rifle. My 300 wsm will shoot under moa, as would a 338 federal and a 7/08 that belonged to my brother. He did have a 260 that would never shoot, but that can happen with any factory rifle.

Kevin

I never knew kimber rifles were so bad. They look very nice and a price to match the looks but I would've thought they would be decent out of the box. I guess not

Remington Model 700. Model Seven for short actions. IMHO My lomg action gun is a Mountain rifle. Get a higher end model with a good factory stock, nothing from Wally World.
Rob

Never had a problem with accuracy from a mark v and I have a few.
The triggers can be little heavy but it's an easy fix.
Don't know about the vanguards.

I have never owned a savage but after reading on here it would seem they build some pretty accurate rifles for the money.

I have used a Kimber 300WM to elk hunt the last 3 years and have had success. I reload and it shoots well under 1 MOA. Plus the kimber is the lightest factory rifle I have ever handled. I would buy one again, definetly over a Savage.