• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kinda bummed. May have to sell my rifle.

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
Got some bills and never get to shoot the rifle. Usually that adds up to a sale. Thing about it is, it's by far the best rifle I've ever owned. FN SPR A2 bedded into a McMillan A4 stock, 24" non-fluted, chrome lined, threaded 5/8-24 and a Smith Vortex installed. Older IOR 10x42 MP8 (MOA/Mil), in TPS low rings.

I've been able to shoot it one time and it's impressive. Was stacking 178 AMax's at just over 1/2 minute. It's just not convenient to make it to the range as often as I'd like. Travel is expensive, so no matches in the foreseeable future.

Oh well, just thought I'd whine and vent a while. I guess I'll go take some pics.

Paul

Re: Kinda bummed. May have to sell my rifle.

Got a buddy you could sell it to that would sell it back once you are back in the black?

That sucks dude.Hopefully things start looking up for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got a buddy you could sell it to that would sell it back once you are back in the black? </div></div>

Great way to get a "loan" if you can.

Bummer but hey, its only a rifle. Let it go, get your business squared away, buy another down the road.

Man times are hard for alot of folks right now sorry to hear...

Times are hard man...I've been there. However, priorities are priorities - best of luck.

Sucks to have to sell your guns to pay bills. I've had to do that a number of times but only a couple really get to me.

One was an ArmsCorp M1A NM made for Camp Perry match...this fucker shot 1/2" at 200 all day long with open sights. The other was a Winchester sharpshooter...quarter size qroups at 300 not a problem.

The thing that gets me is that after I sold them, about two weeks later I had the money I needed from another souce so I really didn't have to sell them.

Find another way...you'll regret it later.

Have had to pawn guns a couple times. One time I really believed I would not get them back. It sucks when they are you favorite thing!

I appreciate the kind words guys. I exhausted the other means some time back, don't know anyone that has that kind of cash laying around so now it's "root hog or die".

But it is just a rifle. If y'all know of anyone that may be interested, let me know. I'll get it posted tonight.

Paul

Got to do what you have to do, I just did that. I know how your feeling, sold my Trg 22 w-NF and all the gear with it. Always another rifle and I should have acted earlier to not have to do it. It'll be the last I sell though.

Maybe you could sell your scope and keep the rifle? Once you get back into it, she'll be waiting and maybe you could upgrade the scope next time around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe you could sell your scope and keep the rifle? Once you get back into it, she'll be waiting and maybe you could upgrade the scope next time around. </div></div>

Looks like it's all gonna have to go. Someone is going to get a nice rig.

Paul

On the same boat! Just sold my hog hunting trip in texas! Man I was realy looking fwd for that trip!

On the upside I am going deer hunting in Michigan 15-20, then hit the Wisconsin 20-27. Ha

: /

Spent two years unemployed ... sold a bunch of stuff to keep things floating. Keep your head up, my friend. If you have to sell, just keep in mind how nice that next rig will be!

Do what you gotta do.

Guns come and go unless it's got sentimental value, don't get to attached.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a pellet gun that I want. Dunno if you still do. Yes. You know the one.... </div></div>

Which one? The Edgun?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heycorey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spent two years unemployed ... sold a bunch of stuff to keep things floating. Keep your head up, my friend. If you have to sell, just keep in mind how nice that next rig will be! </div></div>

Yeah, I've already been thinking about it.

I'll have it posted tonight. I've just got to decide on a fair price. I usually don't struggle with what to ask when I sell but this is essentially a new rifle. IIRC, it's got 40 rounds down the tube, certainly no more than that.

It's almost like it had to be shot to really see of it was the real deal and danged if it ain't.

I literally took this rifle with some middle of the road starting loads to get the scope on the paper and start the baseline for load development. Didn't like the lighter bullets and didn't like the PRVI bullets either. But shot the 165 Hornady BTSP nearly .75 MOA and the 178 AMax approaches .5. I was simply amazed. That's what's got me bummed. This rifle shoots like a house on fire.

I see folks looking to recoup their entire investment and I've scoffed at them. Why should I pay that when I can go buy a new one?

Having said that, I've had a little work done on it. It's been professionally threaded and bedded (not pillar bedded though). And I've added a Smith Vortex flash hider and there are 2 or 3 extra factory mags, all of which work flawlessly.

How much of that am I going to have to eat, realistically? 5%, 10%, more? Or should I ask for what I've got in it since it shoots so well?

The 165 Hornady group is on the left. I subtracted .275 just because it wasn't cutting a .30 hole. I think this rifle will be a solid 1/2 MOA shooter with the right load.

Photo06251013_2.jpg

Yeah the times suck. I have already had to sell half my pistols to pay bills. I don't know what you situation is, but something I have learned in recent time. Selling my stuff, just to afford other stuff is like flapping your arms in a freefall. It might slow you down, but in the end you are still falling. I hate seeing sacrifices like these.

Very sorry to hear this, as well. I won't beat a dead horse any further. The economy, overall, has a lot of individuals making sacrifices they would otherwise not have to make.

I hope things turn back around for you quickly!

Sorry to hear this, I hope all turns around for you.

I have been there a few times. Finally putting another rifle together.........finally. Keep your head up!!!

I've sold some not so good rifles to simply put my money to better use, but, there ain't a damn bill on this planet that would force me to sell a good shooter.......