• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kindle Andriod support shooter?

shoepop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2005
Las Cruces, New Mexico
I'm illiterate in all things electronic with exception of TV and radio, I have only have a half a clue what a Kindle is. I do know shooter ballistic program runs on Android application so question is would a Cruz eReader with Kindle for Android be suitable for shooter?

Re: Kindle Andriod support shooter?

A Kindle is a dedicated eBook reader from Amazon. It's not a tablet, or a smartphone, or anything other than a device for reading books with <span style="font-weight: bold">very</span> limited web capabilities.

It does not have "apps" that you can install on it to do things, so it's not a suitable platform for a ballistic calculator.

You have several choices depending on what you want to do, the most popular of which seem to be either an iOS based device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch) running Ballistic FTE, or the KAC app.

Or, an Android based device, which could be any number of tablets or smartphones such as the Droid, etc running Shooter.

Thank you I got it now. I have not had a mobile phone in 10 years. On my last day of work I put my mobile under rear tire as I backed out of my parking spot for the last time vowing to never own another molile phone so far so good on that vow.
So from what I now understand I need something like a Galaxy tablet with Android. I was trying to get by on the cheap.

That's the gist of it. People have hacked the Nook Color turning it into an Android tablet, which would allow you to run shooter on it, but it takes a bit of know-how to do.

Actually - the Cruz Ereader IS an android 2.2 device that has access to the amazon app market - and shooter is available there. It is not a Kindle, it just comes with the kindle app for android, which is available for all android devices. Not that I would recommend the Cruz. Google it for reviews.

Ah, I wasn't exactly sure what he meant when he started talking about Kindles. Ballistic apps aren't exactly resource intensive, so even a mediocre Android device would probably do an adequate job.