• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Knaack Job Box Storage ?

drn1234

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Castle Rock Colorado
So I just got a deal on a Knaack 4830. My thought was to store all my ammo (in cans), powder and primers in this. My safe as busting at the seems.

As soon as i open the lid it has a bid sign (no explosives, gun powder, ammunition, gas etc). Says it will explode

Is this just a cover your ass by Knaack because its not technically rated for this or is there a legit concern.

For powder, they recommend a wooden box with a weak seam that can expand in case of fire.

Alliant Powder - Storage & Handling

DO NOT SUBJECT THE STORAGE CABINETS TO CLOSE CONFINEMENT. STORAGE CABINETS SHOULD BE CONSTRUCTED OF INSULATING MATERIALS AND WITH A WEAK WALL SEAMS OR JOINTS TO PROVIDE AN EASY MEANS OF SELF-VENTING.

Can you say grenade?

Knaack is right. Fire code specifies suitable powder storage, but I'm on my phone so can't give a reference.

I use a cooler with a non locking lid. Gives some temp stability, and should pop right open if something bad happens.

Can you say grenade?

Knaack is right. Fire code specifies suitable powder storage, but I'm on my phone so can't give a reference.

I use a cooler with a non locking lid. Gives some temp stability, and should pop right open if something bad happens.

Thanks guys, I will keep my powder elsewhere. I was just hoping to have it locked and not able to be carted of since it is so expensive and rare at this point.

I will keep all the loaded ammo, supplies etc that I don't want stolen in the Knaack

Locked is fine, as long as the storage container has weak joints that will fail without causing an explosion. You could make a simple wooden box with glued joints that would be relatively secure (keeping the honest people honest) with a shackel lock on it that would work just dandy.

Good luck!